PDA

View Full Version : So Cam snaps this down in Australia....

devilmaster
02-26-11, 02:29 AM
Avis rent a car australia just took delivery of these three cars....

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184920_10150416260265206_849195205_17363593_234705 4_n.jpg

Simple fun little boring game. You have one choice. Which car?

cameraman
02-26-11, 02:55 AM
The convertible, without a doubt.

WickerBill
02-26-11, 09:23 AM
Wouldn't hesitate. 612 Scaglietti is gorgeous.

racer2c
02-26-11, 09:35 AM
I'm with wb...the Ferrari without hesitation.

Insomniac
02-26-11, 10:44 AM
The Lamborghini. Can't tell if it's the Murcielago or Gallardo though. Looks like the Gallardo (a little shorter behind the rear wheels).

Edit: Didn't realize there was a poll. I started out scrolled to the first post.

dando
02-26-11, 11:20 AM
I vote for a foursome. :D

-Kevin

Indy
02-26-11, 01:31 PM
I'll take the Lamborghini, thank you very much.

devilmaster
02-26-11, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure its a gallardo, looks too short to be a Murcielago...

Kinda interesting numbers so far.... I would have figured with this group that the out and out supercar would have fared better over the two grand tourers....

nrc
02-26-11, 02:34 PM
If you're giving them away I'd take the Lambo.

If you're asking about a rental for vacation I'd seriously consider the Maserati.

G.
02-26-11, 02:54 PM
Wouldn't hesitate. 612 Scaglietti is gorgeous.

yep.

swift
02-26-11, 04:15 PM
I dunno. I'll have to consult with Paul Tracy and Tanner Foust. ;)

:gomer:

TRDfan
02-26-11, 06:29 PM
Gotta be the 612.

Wonder what the daily rates are. Much more interesting than
the rental operation I ran for a couple years.

devilmaster
02-26-11, 07:28 PM
Gotta be the 612.

Wonder what the daily rates are. Much more interesting than
the rental operation I ran for a couple years.

nothing on avis aussie, but avis US has a cool car page...
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/content/display.ac?contentId=cool-cars-US_en-005368&ICID=Search&IID=Cool_Cars

Cam
02-26-11, 07:30 PM
You are having way too much fun with this pic Steve. Didn't count on it going viral. :laugh: This would be my choice.

TravelGal
02-26-11, 08:35 PM
This is agonizing. That Lambo is so cool and so sleek. But, I've always loved convertibles. All the better to see the looks of pure green envy. So, for rental, definitely the convertible. To own, gotta go with cool and sleek. Sorta what the boss said. :)

Cam
02-26-11, 10:36 PM
AhHa!!!!

Found out where they are right now. Italian car day. (http://eastern.inmycommunity.com.au/news-and-views/local-news/All-cars-Italian-and-more-at-this-show/7583652/)

devilmaster
02-26-11, 11:16 PM
You are having way too much fun with this pic Steve. Didn't count on it going viral. :laugh:

Meh, I was bored last night. ;)

But I was serious about seeing how a group of race fans/gearheads would take this test.... Theres a word for the science of this test, but my mind is failing at the moment...

Cam
02-26-11, 11:25 PM
Meh, I was bored last night. ;)

But I was serious about seeing how a group of race fans/gearheads would take this test.... Theres a word for the science of this test, but my mind is failing at the moment...

LOL. I think it's cool. :)

TravelGal
02-27-11, 03:37 AM
Slipshod?

tllips
02-28-11, 11:32 AM
Have to go with the Ferrari :D:D

Don Quixote
02-28-11, 01:00 PM
Slipshod?Junk?

Ripped
02-28-11, 01:02 PM
I picked the Maserati just so I can drive around with Terrible Ted singing "Wango Tango" at volume 11. :D

cameraman
02-28-11, 03:05 PM
If you guys lived as close to Bryce, Zion and Arches National Parks plus everything else around here you would choose the convertible. Doesn't matter who makes it...

Michaelhatesfans
02-28-11, 03:13 PM
Yes, I will take the damage waiver, thank you very much.

rosawendel
02-28-11, 05:15 PM
They are all wrong. A proper Ferrari should be red. The Lambo should be some sort of stupid neon color. The Maserati is the only one that, while it should be red, it's not as much of a big deal if it's not.
That said, I'd take the Ferrari, although I probably don't fit in it.

Insomniac
02-28-11, 06:05 PM
They are all wrong. A proper Ferrari should be red. The Lambo should be some sort of stupid neon color. The Maserati is the only one that, while it should be red, it's not as much of a big deal if it's not.
That said, I'd take the Ferrari, although I probably don't fit in it.

Lamborghini's can have good colors, the Aventador in Blu Hera:

http://i53.tinypic.com/eld8h1.jpg

manic mechanic
03-02-11, 01:58 AM
I'll take the Lamborghini, thank you very much.

Agreed. The Gallardo, no question. :thumbup:

Black doesn't do the car justice, though..rosawendel is correct... A Lambo should be some garish shade, redder than a Ferrari, or ghost white unless it's an LP5000 Countach (that car needs to be black) .

WickerBill
03-02-11, 07:08 AM
Agreed. The Gallardo, no question. :thumbup:

One question, manic - why? Is it just for the sake of audacity, or is there some performance or other metric I'm not considering?

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at Lamborghinis, just struggling to understand their appeal over their competitors here. If it's because of how it looks, that's understandable -- everyone's taste is different. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something else.

opinionated ow
03-02-11, 07:46 AM
One question, manic - why? Is it just for the sake of audacity, or is there some performance or other metric I'm not considering?

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at Lamborghinis, just struggling to understand their appeal over their competitors here. If it's because of how it looks, that's understandable -- everyone's taste is different. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something else.

Lamborghinis are everything supercars should be-spectacular, good looking, fast, loud, outrageous. Maseratis are good looking but not mental and Ferraris are just ugly and too much about technology.

extramundane
03-02-11, 08:43 AM
Lamborghinis are everything supercars should be-

Gull-winged Audis?

Pass. I got over that about the time I outgrew my Vuarnet t-shirt and Op Jams. :gomer:

Insomniac
03-02-11, 11:10 AM

At least for me, I gave serious consideration to the Ferrari, especially considering it was "only" a Gallardo. The brand won out for me. Been a Lamborghini fan since I was a kid.

G.
03-02-11, 12:49 PM
I picked the Maserati just so I can drive around with Terrible Ted singing "Wango Tango" at volume 11. :D

I was almost with ya, 'cept it was Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good.

dando
03-02-11, 01:08 PM
I was almost with ya, 'cept it was Joe Walsh, Life's Been Good.

Needs more Stranglehold.

nIKbjqq2tEU

Back in '02 and '03 when Mike Nugent kicked for the Bucks they used to play that in The Shoe regularly. :D :thumbup:

But then again there were my Boston belt buckle days.

ZnnuWTbDt3E

:tony:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-02-11, 01:10 PM
Posting a Boston video should be a banable offense. :thumdown: :shakehead :D

KLang
03-02-11, 01:14 PM
Saw Boston open up for Black Sabbath after Boston's first album came out. :thumbup:

dando
03-02-11, 02:55 PM
Posting a Boston video should be a banable offense. :thumdown: :shakehead :D

KiOqHLVxZvA

:p

JOE: So what do you want me to do?

KRAMER: I want restitution.

JOE: Restitution? You want restitution? Why should I give you restitution?

KRAMER: Because it's no good.

JOE: When you put that fruit out, that's where it ends for me.

KRAMER: It's still your fruit, you gotta stand behind your fruit.

JOE: I stand behind my fruit.

KRAMER: So...

JOE: Hey, you got a bad peach? That's an act of God. He makes the peaches. I don't make the peaches, I sell the peaches. You have a problem? You talk to him.

KRAMER: You know this whole place is going vrrrrrrrrrrrrt, downhill. I could have come in here last week with a bad plum but I let it go.

JOE: Well let me put a solution for you: do your business elsewhere, I don't want your business.

KRAMER: Oh now you don't want my business.

JOE: No, I don't want your business and from this moment you're banned from the store, you're banned!

KRAMER: But what am I gonna do for fruit?

-Kevin

Don Quixote
03-02-11, 03:47 PM
Saw Boston open up for Black Sabbath after Boston's first album came out. :thumbup:Dude, I bet they lip synched. Question for you and Dando: You didn't like BTO, did you?

dando
03-02-11, 03:54 PM
Question for you and Dando: You didn't like BTO, did you?

aJprEyXMrIk

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/beavis-and-butthead.jpg

:gomer: :D

-Kevin

KLang
03-02-11, 04:12 PM
Dude, I bet they lip synched. Question for you and Dando: You didn't like BTO, did you?

I don't think they had lip syncing back in those days. :laugh:

BTO was OK. I don't recall ever buying anything of theirs though.

Elmo T
03-02-11, 04:22 PM
OK - so I click the link on this thread. Watched a little of the Boston videos, some BTO, noted that I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who actually attended a Boston concert.

Then realized that I had no clue what the thread was about. Scrolled up - oh, yea..... favorite super cars... :rofl:

dando
03-02-11, 04:28 PM
Then realized that I had no clue what the thread was about. Scrolled up - oh, yea..... favorite super cars... :rofl:

I thought it was about Charlie Sheen and pr0n chicks. :gomer:

-Kevin

cameraman
03-02-11, 04:30 PM
BTO was OK. I don't recall ever buying anything of theirs though.

FM radio fodder. Never bought it but I did like Roll On Down the Highway.

racer2c
03-02-11, 04:32 PM
I always lumped BTO with ELO and Y&T. Never liked 'acronym' bands. :)

Elmo T
03-02-11, 04:55 PM
Never liked 'acronym' bands. :)

No REM?

No OMD?

;)

racer2c
03-02-11, 05:01 PM
No REM?

No OMD?

;)

Yeah...them too. Who's OMD? I'll through DMB in there too just cuz.

Don Quixote
03-02-11, 05:21 PM
OK - so I click the link on this thread. Watched a little of the Boston videos, some BTO, noted that I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who actually attended a Boston concert.

Then realized that I had no clue what the thread was about. Scrolled up - oh, yea..... favorite super cars... :rofl: At least we haven't switched to grilling and smoking yet.

nrc
03-02-11, 05:53 PM
I cannot deny that I like this CD.

xT3nlTApV8Y

dando
03-02-11, 05:56 PM

Dude, stay on topic, yo. We're talking about bacon here. :gomer:

*runs*

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-02-11, 06:07 PM

Useless fact of the day.... baton found its name when the band, after a gig in windsor, went for food at the husky truck stop just outside of town(a favorite of mine). He saw a trucker reading a magazine, called overdrive and the rest is history... yer welcome. :)

Insomniac
03-02-11, 06:29 PM
Yeah...them too. Who's OMD? I'll through DMB in there too just cuz.

EPmTGFg06zA

Ankf00
03-02-11, 07:10 PM
drop top. cruise the bay, cruise hill country.

WINNING.

G.
03-02-11, 07:44 PM
good god, I'd rather listen to newer REO than OMD.

:yuck:

devilmaster
03-02-11, 08:43 PM
So where re we right now on the discussion about intestinal shrimp? :gomer:

racer2c
03-02-11, 08:51 PM
Back to cars for a minute...one word...Huayrauraayaa. :)

Michaelhatesfans
03-03-11, 02:19 AM
Have they sorted out the gremlins on that new Boeing yet? They need to pick up the pace to compete with the new Airbus.

manic mechanic
03-03-11, 03:01 AM

Simple answer (to me). Lamborghini has always been about where function meets form. There is some brilliant and creative engineering that makes the whole package work together cohesively. The Audi link did nothing but improve the product and make it less finicky. Having several designers at the ready has never hurt their eye-appeal, and ever since the Miura, there has been a magic about a well-tuned lambo (you should hear one of the "little eights" sing through the webers... just like a champ car!!) when it comes to the audible aspect. It's unique.

besides that, I always wanted to arrive at a social function in a spaceship!!!:D

Did you ever hear the XKE comparison to a big Healy roadster? "The XKE looks like it's going 150mph sitting still, while at any speed, the Healy appears to be merely cruising".

Lamborghinis look like they are doing 200mph while sitting still... :thumbup:

I rest my case, boss.

manic