PDA

View Full Version : mustangs to go oval

rosawendel
02-15-11, 03:06 PM
You know, sometimes their articles aren't the most timely, but I like the writing on autoblog.com:

Example:
Forget the Fusion, Ford is making a move to bring the Mustang to Nascar's Sprint Cup Series. Ford has informed NASCAR decisionmakers that it wishes to begin racing the Mustang in the highest level of left-turning motorsports.

linkification: ESPN: Ford submits Mustang for 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup approval (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/15/espn-ford-submits-mustang-for-2013-nascar-sprint-cup-approval/)

extramundane
02-15-11, 04:13 PM
You know, sometimes their articles aren't the most timely, but I like the writing on autoblog.com:

Glucker, who wrote that piece, is typically a very good read. AB really stepped up the quality of their writers the last couple years (even though they lost their best to Motor Trend).

racer2c
02-15-11, 04:22 PM
I think if NASCAR had any smarts at all they would embrace the pony cars. The current bodies are atrocious. I actually think their production namesakes look much better.
They ran the new Challenger in whatever they call Busch now and it actually looked like a Challenger (at least in the promo pics I saw...I never saw it race). Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers would probably spike the car guy interest a little.

cameraman
02-15-11, 04:29 PM
If they had any brains they would steal the general concept of WRC rulebook and make them "Stock" cars for real.

NismoZ
02-15-11, 11:15 PM
The COY:confused:

pchall
02-21-11, 03:44 PM
The COY:confused:

Not quite Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger but thet will do. I remember that NASCAR briefly had a pony car division in the late 70s. Sort track races. I got to see them on a flat cinder 1/4 mile around a football field with football grandstand being the only seating. There were no pitstops and ran a sprint/midget formatted evening and the cars were run in and out of the stadium to be worked on in the faculty parking lot.

NismoZ
02-21-11, 11:02 PM
Huh, that kinda reminds me of Mel Kenyon and and those other USAC guys running the midgets around Joliet Stadium back in the '60s. Wasn't on cinders, though. Ah, fun summer Saturday nights! Norm Nelson, Don White and the USAC stock car circus at Soldier Field, too. Sat in row 1 outside 2 right at the concrete wall (it was about 10 feet high. Nuthin coming over THAT...except the rubber we'd get all over our faces and in our hair. I knew how to show my dates a good time!:D

Andrew Longman
02-22-11, 10:19 AM
Why does it take two years to get new decals approved? How might these headlight decals give Ford a competitive advantage over the Impala and Charger decals?

extramundane
02-22-11, 10:21 AM
Those decals will never work.

Michaelhatesfans
02-24-11, 02:32 AM
Why does it take two years to get new decals approved?

Beat me to it.