PDA

View Full Version : Danica could be savior of NASCAR

racer2c
02-15-11, 11:14 AM
Mike Bianchi (Orlando Sentinel) has an editorial piece calling for NASCAR to embrace Danica as their savior. If you or anyone you know has swallowed poison and need something to help vomit it up...this article will be the best medicine.

...Just like that, I’ve saved the sport. I’ve given Brian France and his fellow NASCAR suits the idea, but now it’s up to them to do everything in their vast power to implement it and make Danica Patrick a relevant.

She’s got everything NASCAR could possibly want, except for the fact that her name isn’t Danica Earnhardt Jr. She’s got the personality, the pizzazz, the zeal, the sex appeal, the media adoration and fan adulation. And she certainly has the fire and desire.

“I want to do well,” she said at the Daytona 500 media day. “I want you (media) guys to have good things to write about me. I want people to be entertained. I want them to believe in me as a driver.” Believe me, Danica, everybody wants to believe in you. You are, without a doubt, NASCAR’s great sprite hope.

Remember when JFK proclaimed that we were going to put a man on the moon? It’s time now for NASCAR to focus on putting a woman in victory lane. Danica Development should be the sport’s No. 1 priority. Do whatever it takes to make her competitive. Give her the best car. Give her the best equipment. Give her the crew chief who is the best cheater (see Chad Knaus).

Link (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/other_sports/auto_racing/view/20110213developing_danica_should_be_nascars_no_1_p riority/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet)

Trevor Longman
02-15-11, 12:09 PM
Kind of like Danica "saved" the .1RL? :rolleyes: NASCAR's problem is that they've alienated their core fanbase. The fans that dedicate a portion of their monthly salary to Earnhardt merchandise and have Michael Waltrip's latest book on audio tape so they can listen to it during the commercial breaks on "Sarah Palin's Alaska". Putting a woman in the spotlight 24/7 would just further put off those core fans that follow the sport and ultimately pay the bills.

Gnam
02-15-11, 02:46 PM
She’s got everything NASCAR could possibly want, She’s got:
1) the personality
2) the pizzazz
3) the zeal
4) the sex appeal
5) the media adoration
6) and fan adulation.
7) the fire and desire.
...yeah but she's missing:
1) skill
2) results
3) knowledge
4) sportsmanship
5) any chance of success

NASCAR is not that desperate.

devilmaster
02-15-11, 02:59 PM

That is up to debate.... NASCAR is hurting.... The new scoring system which replaces the one they used to have (and was designed on a cocktail napkin at a bar, and they were proud of that fact) belies their need to change something, -anything- to try and get the people and interest back.

For those who have followed her way up, Danica, as we all know, is not the answer. And one could argue that this article is another indication of how bad, bad is.

Don Quixote
02-15-11, 03:51 PM
...yeah but she's missing:
1) skill
2) results
3) knowledge
4) sportsmanship
5) any chance of success

She is also missing:
6) sex appeal

:gomer: