PDA

View Full Version : NFL Off-Season 2011: Lock-Out Edition

Pages : 1 [2]

Insomniac
07-29-11, 12:30 PM
I wish Ocho best. Maybe now he can get back to focusing on football and return to his old form. Hopefully that will bring a higher pick for him.

Adam Schefter reports that the Patriots traded a 2012 fifth-round pick and 2013 sixth-rounder to the Bengals for Chad Ochocinco.

Not sure if those upgrade based on performance.

nrc
07-29-11, 02:16 PM
I suppose that's better than just waiving him outright and I guess Chad also had to renegotiate his deal to get it done.

Maybe that's why Brown is being stubborn about Palmer, he can't see taking a fifth and sixth round pick for him. :D

Insomniac
07-29-11, 05:49 PM
I suppose that's better than just waiving him outright and I guess Chad also had to renegotiate his deal to get it done.

Maybe that's why Brown is being stubborn about Palmer, he can't see taking a fifth and sixth round pick for him. :D

Looks like they're waiting to re-do his contract. He was practicing today (and was wearing #85). Supposedly the restructure is from a 1 year to 3 year contract.

WickerBill
07-30-11, 05:25 PM
The Eagles are calling themselves "the dream team" according to Clayton. Looks like I have a new team to hate!

nrc
07-31-11, 12:12 AM
Bengals signed Nate Clements to fill the gap left by Joseph. Pretty good pick up if he can keep it up at 31. Not as good a cover man as Joseph, but smart and physical. He might actually be a better fit for Zimmer's defense than Joseph.

dando
07-31-11, 12:18 PM
Bengals signed Nate Clements to fill the gap left by Joseph. Pretty good pick up if he can keep it up at 31. Not as good a cover man as Joseph, but smart and physical. He might actually be a better fit for Zimmer's defense than Joseph.

Good move. Muck is apparently out or the season with a blown Achilles. Need to address RB now.

-Kevin

Insomniac
07-31-11, 12:52 PM
The Eagles are calling themselves "the dream team" according to Clayton. Looks like I have a new team to hate!

Did Vince Young and Mike Vick come up with it?

dando
08-13-11, 11:13 AM
@nrc...this is gonna be a LONG season based on last night's performance. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

Gnam
08-13-11, 04:01 PM
The lockout may be over, but the Niners are gonna spend the season locked in the basement.

49er Fever! Catch it!

nrc
08-13-11, 09:47 PM
@nrc...this is gonna be a LONG season based on last night's performance. :saywhat: :

Hope, hope, must find hope.

OK, here's something. In spite of his interior line acting like a welcome mat for the Lions' tackles Dalton managed to go 11/15. That's 73% which is better than any season of Palmer's career.

Except for that first throw-it-up-and-pray Dalton played pretty well for a rookie considering all the pressure he was getting. He also seemed to keep his composure through all of it.

The real shock was the defense which was supposed to anchor this team until the new offense could get on track. At least they were able to stand up against the run pretty well, but with no pressure on the Lions QB they really didn't have to run.

dando
08-13-11, 09:57 PM
Hope, hope, must find hope.

OK, here's something. In spite of his interior line acting like a welcome mat for the Lions' tackles Dalton managed to go 11/15. That's 73% which is better than any season of Palmer's career.

Except for that first throw-it-up-and-pray Dalton played pretty well for a rookie considering all the pressure he was getting. He also seemed to keep his composure through all of it.

The real shock was the defense which was supposed to anchor this team until the new offense could get on track. At least they were able to stand up against the run pretty well, but with no pressure on the Lions QB they really didn't have to run.

I hear ya, but keep in mind that Carrot Top's QB rating was 54.6 and averaged 4.6 yards/attempt (can you say Vince Young?), the OL sucked, and the D was simply pathetic. I really think the OL was afraid of Suh (like Fast Times in Ridgemont High terrified). And Carrot Top was throwing off his back foot far too often...not hard to get since he had the D in his face all night long. :saywhat: Brace yourself for a LONG season driving back and forth from Cincy. :irked:

-Kevin

nrc
08-14-11, 03:36 PM
I hear ya, but keep in mind that Carrot Top's QB rating was 54.6 and averaged 4.6 yards/attempt (can you say Vince Young?), the OL sucked, and the D was simply pathetic.

If you've got guys running through the Oline like a turnstile then short completions are about the best thing you're going to get on passing downs. Dalton was one errant pass and a couple of third down completions from a really good debut.

The biggest worry for me was the lack of pressure from the Dline. Coverage issues may have been just too much time. On both touchdowns Hall was there and just couldn't get turned around to make a play. Hopefully that's just rust.

TKGAngel
08-18-11, 09:47 AM
So what do y'all think about Vick's claim that he wanted to play for either the Bengals or Bills but the league "steered" him toward the Eagles?

dando
08-18-11, 10:00 AM
TPeezy eligible for the supplemental draft, but must sit for the first 5 games and no practice. Karma, biotch. Stupid decision by the nFL, IMO. Just make him wait until next April. :saywhat: :shakehead I hoping he either doesn't get drafted or ends up in Cleveburgh or Boofaloo. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-18-11, 10:01 AM
So what do y'all think about Vick's claim that he wanted to play for either the Bengals or Bills but the league "steered" him toward the Eagles?

My first take is why would he want to play for either of those teams? :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-18-11, 11:44 AM
TPeezy eligible for the supplemental draft, but must sit for the first 5 games and no practice. Karma, biotch. Stupid decision by the nFL, IMO. Just make him wait until next April. :saywhat: :shakehead I hoping he either doesn't get drafted or ends up in Cleveburgh or Boofaloo. :gomer:

-KevinCincinnati has a better mentoring system in place. :gomer:

TKGAngel
08-18-11, 01:14 PM

-Kevin

Hey, what did we ever do? ;)

The B-lo media would have a field day with him, and the Amish Rifle is pretty solidly set with Thigpen as his backup.

dando
08-18-11, 02:42 PM
Hey, what did we ever do? ;)

South Canadia.

:runs:

:gomer: :p

-Kevin

extramundane
08-18-11, 07:13 PM
My first take is why would he want to play for either of those teams? :gomer:

-Kevin

That's a Blacksburg education for you.

Wait.

Crap.

Nevermind.

Gnam
08-22-11, 01:46 AM
Stay classy Bay Area. :shakehead

San Francisco police are seeking witnesses today to the shooting of two men and the severe beating of a third in a bathroom at Candlestick Park, as city and league officials condemned a rash of attacks and brawls that marred the annual preseason football game between the Raiders and 49ers.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/21/BAAJ1KQ51U.DTL#ixzz1VjY8WMI2

The NFL wants these two teams to share a new stadium.
Sounds like a great idea. :thumbup:

Insomniac
08-22-11, 01:28 PM
Stay classy Bay Area. :shakehead

The NFL wants these two teams to share a new stadium.
Sounds like a great idea. :thumbup:

It sounds like Raider on Raider violence. The guy who was shot multiple times was reportedly wearing a F the 49ers shirt and the shooter Raiders gear.

WickerBill
08-22-11, 01:47 PM
Raiders take Pryor. Surprise!

Gnam
08-22-11, 02:36 PM
I wish it were just Raider fans. One reporter's story on the 49er fans menacing the parking lot before the game.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=95869

The new stadium plan eliminates tailgating with a multi-story parking garage. Until yesterday that was seen as a big negative. Now it will be one of the selling points.

Don Quixote
08-22-11, 02:41 PM
Raiders take Pryor. Surprise!Think of it this way. The Raidazzz would have blown their 3rd round pick next year anyway. :D

Insomniac
08-22-11, 07:09 PM
Raiders take Pryor. Surprise!

Could be a smart move? Play WR this year and work him into the QB stuff? I suppose his intelligence and commitment are in question given the reason he was even in the supplemental draft, but if he could play WR while learning the QB stuff he contributes and gets a red shirt like year. Get the player for a year before you even lose the draft pick.

dando
08-22-11, 09:35 PM
This new scoring review rule is...Just. Plain. Stupid. The MLB refuses too adopt replay and the NFL goes amok. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

nrc
08-23-11, 03:01 PM
Yeah, gotta agree. They've gone to all the trouble to make sure replays don't disrupt or slow the game and then they throw that in?

How about this instead - coaches can always challenge a scoring play. But if you're out of challenges and you still challenge a scoring play and lose, then you get a 5 yard delay of game penalty on the ensuing kick-off.

dando
08-23-11, 03:28 PM
Yeah, gotta agree. They've gone to all the trouble to make sure replays don't disrupt or slow the game and then they throw that in?

How about this instead - coaches can always challenge a scoring play. But if you're out of challenges and you still challenge a scoring play and lose, then you get a 5 yard delay of game penalty on the ensuing kick-off.

I'd go for that over this stupidity. :saywhat:

Oh, and speaking of lock outs, can we please lock out the Bungles? :saywhat: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
08-23-11, 07:39 PM

My only issue with the rule is it favors the defense. If the offense scores and they rule it wasn't, they have to use a challenge to put the points on the board. As it is now, this rule can only take points off.

It's similar to the college rule, just limited to scoring plays only. They aren't going to review every scoring play, just ones that are close (that presumably would be challenged by competent coach). The two I've seen so far (same game) were on plays that would've likely been challenged. One had the ball moving at the end to the end zone (call could've gone either way IMO) and the other was a run/breaking the plane deal that didn't have very good angles (would've been better if it was the regular season).

Insomniac
08-28-11, 02:14 PM
Did Ochocinco always leave his feet to catch a ball in Cincinnati? He seems to jump for everything in New England.

nrc
08-28-11, 03:15 PM
Did Ochocinco always leave his feet to catch a ball in Cincinnati? He seems to jump for everything in New England.

Yep. Well, not always. He started that over the last few years. It wouldn't be so bad if he would jump, catch, and run but a lot of times he immediately goes to the ground.

I think he got into the habit of jumping to showboat and started to duck and cover because of the hits he was taking.

Insomniac
08-28-11, 04:21 PM
Yep. Well, not always. He started that over the last few years. It wouldn't be so bad if he would jump, catch, and run but a lot of times he immediately goes to the ground.

I think he got into the habit of jumping to showboat and started to duck and cover because of the hits he was taking.

It's really annoying because he jumps when it's not even necessary. He will jump so the ball is hitting him closer to the numbers. Seems like a poor way to keep the timing right. Supposed to be catching and running. Reminds me of Ben Watson, but he was a pad catcher. I can't imagine a top WR using anything besides their hands. Just reach out and grab it 85! :)