PDA

View Full Version : OSU visits Bucky for Hoops

Methanolandbrats
02-12-11, 05:05 PM
Looked kinda like last fall :D

dando
02-12-11, 05:22 PM
Kinda lame when you chant overrated and then storm the court. :saywhat: :laugh: Just saying. :shakehead Enjoy your Blatz. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
02-12-11, 05:24 PM
Oh, and not an upset...Vega$ had Bucky as a 1 pt. fave. :p

-Kevin

dando
02-12-11, 05:26 PM
Lastly, nice job not allowing a shoot around until 7am on game day. :thumbup: :irked: :shakehead If chick's hockey is so important up there, build a rink for them. :thumdown:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-12-11, 07:04 PM
Damn, three posts, my stringer is full :D BTW, they are building a hockey rink for the men and the chicks with sticks. Oh, the shootaround was the problem huh :rofl: ya sure it wasn't Bucky's defense, doubling wonder boy in the post, rebounding and three point shooting? :D

dando
02-12-11, 08:43 PM
Just trying to keep my post count up.... :gomer:

Dude, kudos to to Bucky & friends (aka: the refs). Just seems strange that y'all would chant overrated and then storm the floor. :laugh: :gomer: As I have said to Donkey Boy several times, there is no #1 team this season by far. Perhaps we needed Robert Reynolds to choke Taylor. :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-12-11, 09:04 PM
Da refs? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/gameflash/2011/02/12/67227_boxscore.html Note the column PF. Refs had nothing to do with it. Also note the balanced scoring by Bucky and the lack of scoring by OSU despite the fact Bucky doubled your post. The game came down to going and getting the rebounds and putting a hand in the face of OSU shooters after their 2nd half run. A very good game. What's wrong with storming the court? It's a habit when you guys come to town. :D

dando
02-12-11, 10:40 PM
Keeping it klassy in Madison. :shakehead :saywhat: :irked:

http://blog.dispatch.com/hoopsscoops/2011/02/postgame_wisconsin_1.shtml

Get over yourselves, yo. Got titles? :rofl:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
02-12-11, 10:51 PM
Wisky fans invented stupid. Can you imagine taking a kid to one of their sporting events so they can learn all those "adult" words? I'm surprised that they only spit on the Buckeye players and didn't break out the urine filled condoms like they normally do. Its the only school where they won't let you in if your ACT scores are too high. :D :gomer: :thumdown:

Don Quixote
02-12-11, 10:54 PM
Oh, and their coeds are ugly, their cheerleaders are swine, and their band has to use sheet music. :D

dando
02-12-11, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=Methanolandbrats;288480What's wrong with storming the court? It's a habit when you guys come to town. :D[/QUOTE]

Again, y'all chant overrated and storm the court. :confused: :laugh: Ah well, it's Madison..... :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
02-12-11, 11:39 PM
Again, y'all chant overrated and storm the court. :confused: :laugh: Ah well, it's Madison..... :gomer:

-Kevin

Because OSU was overrated and Bucky proved it. Hard to understand? Watch the game again. I thought it might be possible to discuss basketball on this board, but I guess not. The rest of the comments contributed to this thread set a new level of stupid for Off Camber.

SteveH
02-13-11, 12:01 AM
Overrated? Hardly, they were undefeated. By no means an OSU fan, but they were rated exactly where they should have been. Now, if they retain the number 1 ranking after this loss, you may be correct.

Don Quixote
02-13-11, 12:14 AM
Because OSU was overrated and Bucky proved it. Hard to understand? Watch the game again. I thought it might be possible to discuss basketball on this board, but I guess not. The rest of the comments contributed to this thread set a new level of stupid for Off Camber.:D Did I hook you?

dando
02-13-11, 12:28 PM
Because OSU was overrated and Bucky proved it. Hard to understand? Watch the game again. I thought it might be possible to discuss basketball on this board, but I guess not. The rest of the comments contributed to this thread set a new level of stupid for Off Camber.

Like I stated, there is not a solid #1 team this season. There are perhaps 8 teams that could be #1 overall. It took a 50% shooting performance from 3 (12 of 24) for Bucky to beat The OSU on their home floor by 4 points, including carrot top who is a 34% shooter from 3, but went 2 for 2 from 3 and iced the game with his second 3. Repeat that shizzle again. :saywhat: More than happy to discuss hoops any time...I do so almost daily with Donkey Guy. I simply stated facts, and found the UW fans' behavior boorish and hypocritical. I have never stormed the floor in St. John or The Schott...even after we beat 30 and something and 0 Illinois in '06. I have however been on the field in The Shoe 3 times (my freshman year after defeating UM in The Game and clinching a Rose Bowl birth, in '96 after defeating UM and clinching a Rose Bowl birth for the first time in ages, and against Iowa in '09 after clinching a Rose Bowl birth for the first time in ages...get the theme here?). I did not chant overrated in any of those instances (seems to defeat the purpose of the celebration, yo). I also stated that the Bucks were not afforded a chance for a shoot around until 7 am on game day due to a chicks with sticks game on Fri. Fact. Sorry, but our chicks with sticks play in their own barn. Sully's comments about the behavior were just sad. Kinda like PSU fans tossing bottles of urine onto TBDBITL @ Happy Valley a few seasons ago. I don't support couch/dumpster burners here, nor pathetic behavior elsewhere in the Big 10+1. Fact.

So if you want to discuss hoops, we shot 54% from the field, 87% from the line, and won rebounding and TOs by a small margin, which usually is a recipe for a W. It took 50% 3 point shooting (a +9 edge) to beat the Bucks on your home court. Pull that **** out of your @ss again and we'll talk. Have fun @ Purdue Wed...you'll need to pull that off again to beat them there (keep in mind Bucky barely beat 3-9 Iowa on the road last week). Go pound snow. :irked:

And yes, posting a thread like this 'to discuss hoops' sets a new level of stupid even for you. :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-13-11, 01:28 PM
Lastly, nice job not allowing a shoot around until 7am on game day. :thumbup: :irked: :shakehead If chick's hockey is so important up there, build a rink for them. :thumdown:

-Kevin

if baseball is so important up there, build a dome instead of forcing the rest of the nation that doesnt live in tundra-ville USA to push back opening day 2 months to late Feb

dando
02-14-11, 02:59 PM
if baseball is so important up there, build a dome instead of forcing the rest of the nation that doesnt live in tundra-ville USA to push back opening day 2 months to late Feb

:shakehead It's not. And this has nothing to do with the discussion @ hand. In any case, baseball is a summer sport, and is no longer the national past time....perhaps the 3rd most popular sport in the US @ this point (behind football and hoops). My point was that hockey is huge in Wisky and Minnie, etc. up north, and considering the size of UW (in both admissions and endowments), there is no reason they shouldn't have their own facility. Just sayin', yo.

Did you want to discuss hoops? Apparently that was the reason for posting this thread.... :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
02-14-11, 08:39 PM
the discussion at hand was hoops, you diverted to facilities
"its not" yet you guys whined incessantly until the NCAA prevented teams from playing before Feb 18th. :laugh:

chop456
02-15-11, 12:10 AM
So the girls should play in a crap arena while the boys play in the sparkly new Kohl Center, or the girls should have an identical, ridiculously expensive arena?

dando
02-15-11, 10:01 AM
Jayhawks smoked by UNRANKED K State. Let's all chant OVERRATED and storm the court. :gomer: That's the second time KS has been smoked this season. There is no true #1 this season. Throw 8 teams in a hat and pick one weekly. Sparty visits The OSU tonight @ 9. :thumbup:

-Kevin

SteveH
02-15-11, 10:05 AM
Sparty visits The OSU tonight @ 9. :thumbup:

OSU doubles the score on MSU?

dando
02-15-11, 10:08 AM
OSU doubles the score on MSU?

MSU is in a bad way right now. I've never seen Izzo lose a team like this season....and Roe is likely out for tonight to boot.

-Kevin <=== waiting for 6-March so Bo Ryan can "Deal with it." :)

dando
02-17-11, 09:59 AM
From 50% to 15% from 3. Thanks for playing, Bucky. Your 3rd place prize is available on the way out. Deal with it. :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-17-11, 01:18 PM
For the record. Basketball sucks.

Its what happens between Football and Baseball (and racing season) and is only even slightly necessary if the ice is too thawed for Hockey.

:D

dando
02-17-11, 01:31 PM
For the record. Basketball rocks.

Fixed. :p

-Kevin

chop456
02-17-11, 01:32 PM
From 50% to 15% from 3. Thanks for playing, Bucky. Your 3rd place prize is available on the way out. Deal with it. :gomer:

-Kevin

The only person here that doesn't seem to be able to "deal with it" is you. :laugh:

Don Quixote
02-17-11, 01:54 PM
The only person here that doesn't seem to be able to "deal with it" is you. :laugh:Shouldn't you be rioting at the state house today? :D

dando
02-17-11, 02:21 PM
The only person here that doesn't seem to be able to "deal with it" is you. :laugh:

Dude, srsly? That was a Bo Ryan comment. :laugh: I'm just discussing hoops...that's why this thread was started, right? :gomer:

:p

-Kevin

nrc
02-17-11, 05:29 PM
I've often been told that I shouldn't take these little sports dust-ups too seriously. So I'm not. I trust you're all just punching one another in the arm in a brotherly fashion.

devilmaster
02-17-11, 06:05 PM
yep, no need to pull the car over, dad... ;)

dando
02-17-11, 06:48 PM
I've often been told that I shouldn't take these little sports dust-ups too seriously. So I'm not. I trust you're all just punching one another in the arm in a brotherly fashion.

Yes, dad. He started it. :D :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
02-17-11, 07:03 PM
Fixed. :p

-Kevin

Sorry. Unless Gene Hackman, a drunk and six short kids from Lick This, Indiana are involved, I'm not interested.

Oh, yeah. And Barbara Hershey. Got to have her too.

chop456
02-17-11, 07:40 PM
Dude, srsly? That was a Bo Ryan comment. :laugh: I'm just discussing hoops...that's why this thread was started, right? :gomer:

:p

-Kevin

I have no idea who Bo Ryan is, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was funny. ;)

As for your taking it seriously - this thread was about UW vs. OSU. Now I guess it's about every game that UW loses. You'll be busy. :D

Gnam
02-17-11, 08:58 PM
The UW B-ball team just unionized and is demanding more wins this season.

dando
02-17-11, 10:53 PM
Original post (discusing hoops?)

Follow up post (discussing hoops, srsly?)

Again. Srsly? Are we discussing basketball? :laugh: :shakehead

Again, I love to talk/discuss hoops....not troll posts. :gomer: BTW, that's why I spent ~$2K this season to keep my deceased FIL's PSL and season tix. Bite me. *finger* :saywhat: :shakehead

nrc, you can close this thread as far as I'm, concerned since we can't:

I thought it might be possible to discuss basketball on this board, but I guess not.

:shakehead

-Kevin

dando
02-19-11, 04:19 PM
St. John's > Pitt :thumbup: That's one plucky team Lavin and the coach combover have built. :D

-Kevin

dando
02-19-11, 05:04 PM
And now #2 Texas falls to Big Red N. :laugh: As I stated previously, there is no true #1 this season. $10 OSU falls to PU tomorrow. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
02-20-11, 04:18 PM
Congrats to PU. The Bucks legs are gone. Gonna be a short tourney season, IMO. :saywhat: Absolutely absurd that the same crew that called Sparty/Illini last night @ 9 called this game. No excuses, tho...you can't shoot <40% and turnover the ball 18 times and expect to win. :shakehead

-Kevin