pchall
06-15-03, 12:09 PM
Bentley 1,2
Audi 3,4

Ferrari 550 10
Corvette 11,12 ten laps down

Reynard-Leyman 15
Lola-MG went poof!

I'm not quite sure what to think about this one. Audi at least sent last year's cars out to privateers to give some substantional competition to the Bentleys, but the LMGTP and LM900 part of the field was very small and very thin in quality.

Corvette got smushed by the surviving Ferrari in GTS in their 50th anniversary year. Will this program disappear now?

LM675 went to an aging 2.0t VW project when the Lola-MG blew up. Almost no entries of consequence here. Seems like it's time to stick a fork in this class.

DaveL
06-15-03, 01:03 PM
The Bentley Boys ran a great race, but they really didn't have any competition.

oddlycalm
06-15-03, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveL

Agreed. Looking at the field this year, it makes one realize that it's not just CART that is suffering. I can't recall ever seeing a thinner field for LeMans.

oc

Ziggy
06-15-03, 07:45 PM
Maybe they can start a new series for the little guys, oh, I forgot, the France family already did that.....

Hope this was ok Peter Olivia, I didnt check in first

Ziggy

Peter Olivola
06-16-03, 03:26 PM
Whatever your problems, your misspelling of my name reveals more than you probably intended.

Originally posted by Ziggy
Maybe they can start a new series for the little guys, oh, I forgot, the France family already did that.....

Hope this was ok Peter Olivia, I didnt check in first

Ziggy

pchall
06-16-03, 03:38 PM
Olivia from Twelfth Night ?

hmmmmm....

Ziggy
06-16-03, 07:51 PM
:)

Kate
06-25-03, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DaveL

However, the absolutely best racing of the weekend was the race between Gunnar in the Panoz and whats his name in the Courage! The good thing about Le Mans is there are so many classes of cars and so many cars that you always have something to watch.

Ron Fellows said last year in Mid-Ohio that once the Ferrari was reliable it would eat Corvette for lunch. It seems he was correct.

The usual excellent job by the Alex Job boys, with a surprise second in class for Orbit Racing (they of the t-shirt cannon). Well raced one and all! Even the gorgeous but doomed Pagani Zonda, which did twice the number of laps it managed at Sebring, for a grand total of ten.....:cry: And for the Spyker, which finished a million laps down, but finished!:thumbup: