PDA

View Full Version : Kicked off of 7G

Napoleon
01-13-03, 08:31 AM
Well I have been kicked off of 7G for no other reason then that I post here. I haven't posted any offending post over there (at least for quite some time) and I have never posted even an obscure reference to this site.

trubritz
01-13-03, 09:03 AM
Napoleon - don't feel too bad, look on it as fortuitous timing...after all the people that post here are for the most part refugees seeking political asylum.

Better to be somewhere you can voice your opinion without being {edited by....} :D

And for something to brighten your day, and give you plenty of chuckles try this site
http://www.stupidvideos.com

It's a clean site btw - with plenty of belly laughs to boot!

WickerBill
01-13-03, 09:18 AM
That's amazing. Simply amazing. And it offends me, as the owner of this site. Rest assured, though, that there will be no war here (at least not a two-sided war); I don't intend to censor Seventhgear at OC.

I just did a lookup on your recent posts, and it appears you must've offended someone on the corporate tax vs. dividend tax issue... because that's all you've posted in the last few days.

WB

Napoleon
01-13-03, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by WickerBill
I just did a lookup on your recent posts, and it appears you must've offended someone on the corporate tax vs. dividend tax issue... because that's all you've posted in the last few days.

Thats right, thats all I have posted in days, and I didn't call anyone dumb or otherwise insult anyone in those post, I simply stated a contrary position.

SteveH
01-13-03, 10:34 AM
Nap, I think someone figured out you're a lawyer.

Ooooh, yech.;)

RaceGrrl
01-13-03, 11:01 AM
I don't really understand this concept of member "ownership." I frequent a lot of different websites, but none of them own me. It would seem that peaceful coexistence would be an admirable goal. :confused:

Foxman
01-13-03, 11:17 AM
I just find it astonishing that nobody was ever banned for posting at CW yet you post at OC and you are banned. I don't see what the big deal is, OC simply provides an alternative, is that a bad thing?! NO.

Turn7
01-13-03, 11:36 AM
Hey Nap,

At least your in good company. Samething happened to me. I view it a s a blessing though.

I had not posted there in about 3 weeks and I went to login and I was banned.

rabbit
01-13-03, 11:45 AM
Yet somehow, thinly-veiled trolls like 1racefan are allowed to stay.:shakehead

http://www.seventhgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00005130

Napoleon
01-13-03, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Turn7
Hey Nap,

At least your in good company. Samething happened to me.

And thats good company.

:D

pchall
01-13-03, 12:27 PM
I seem to have lost posting privileges at 7G as well. I wonder if someone has been grazing the members list here and compiling a Naughty list?

RacinM3
01-13-03, 12:30 PM
Are you sure you've been kicked off? I've seen this type of stuff happen before where someone thought they were kicked off and it was just as much a surprise to the moderator there. Did you email them and ask?

GoBlue
01-13-03, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Yet somehow, thinly-veiled trolls like 1racefan are allowed to stay.:shakehead

http://www.seventhgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00005130

maybe too busy reading other forums to take care of their own?

Warlock!
01-13-03, 12:43 PM
HA HA! I'm still allowed to post. No forum moderator in their right mind wants to lose my valuable perspective of which I so eloquently convey to the less informed... such as, "DUHHH!!! Beer is GOOD!" Lotsa place vying for my services, I tell ya...

Winter Warlock!

pchall
01-13-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RacinM3
Are you sure you've been kicked off? I've seen this type of stuff happen before where someone thought they were kicked off and it was just as much a surprise to the moderator there. Did you email them and ask?

When your log in doesn't work any more it might be a sign. Besides, at the time all I wanted to do was correct a typo in my latest post. 7G is no longer worth the effort to write a special e-mail.

Foxman
01-13-03, 01:07 PM
Not that I ever wanted to post there again, but even after requesting that my acct be disabled, it worked for months, it worked 2 weeks ago, now it no longer works. Either they are really bad at maintaining a user DB or there is something going on here. Either way, good riddance. Let's make OC the best CART forum on the net.

Fox

trubritz
01-13-03, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Foxman
Not that I ever wanted to post there again, but even after requesting that my acct be disabled, it worked for months, it worked 2 weeks ago, now it no longer works. Either they are really bad at maintaining a user DB or there is something going on here. Either way, good riddance. Let's make OC the best CART forum on the net.

Fox

Foxy, when I requested to be "deactivated", I had to ask Laguna in the end to do it.

What a great guy that Laguna is;) ;) ;)

TrueBrit
01-13-03, 01:54 PM
It would appear that some folks here have had negative experiences at 7G and that is a shame. I have had nothing but positive contact with the folks that run and administer that site.

I have said this before, and I think it should be re-iterated, a pissing contest or a 'war' with 7G, or any other site achieves nothing positive and only ruffles feathers and fosters ill-will. I understand (I think;) ) the reasons for OffCamber's genesis, but in the overall most, I know..MOST, of the folks over at 7G are fellow CART enthusiasts like us, but it has been spoiled by a few disruptive interlopers...That's no reason to bad-mouth the overall site though (correct me if I'm wrong WB) and I think that attempting to provoke some sort of reaction will only increase whatever negativity currently exists between this site and that one..

Just my opinion,

Cheers!! Pip!! Pip!!

TrueBrit

WickerBill
01-13-03, 01:57 PM
Agreed, Brit. Like I said above, there won't be any return volleys from OC. Let's move on...

WB

lone_groover
01-13-03, 02:23 PM
I just got in. But then, I haven't posted in weeks.

Maybe when they see my name, the 7G langoliers will come for my virtual soft parts too.

{ :p :p :p :p :p :p }

I'd be hurt if they didn't.

Turn7
01-13-03, 03:34 PM
It is just a typical reaction from an insecure person. I wouldn't expect anything other than what has happened.

RacinM3
01-13-03, 05:03 PM
Personally, I think this thread is non-productive....the "split" in CART racing has caused us enough grief to last a lifetime. Why repeat it?