PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber Yahoo Fantasy NASCAR 2011

manic mechanic
02-02-11, 02:05 AM
OK.. I took the plunge, and after years of grousing about it, I started the league... Hopefully, I will do as well as JL and Devilmaster as a commish. :thumbup:

Same rules apply as in previous years... If you meet a player higher in points at the track (ANY form of motorsport) during the season, you are obligated to buy/provide for them a beverage of their liking. If they decline the offer, they forefeit the offer by default and no further action is necessary at that event weekend. :laugh:

Group ID # 13818
Group name: offcamber
password: sammich. (in deference to Cork)

If you still want to play, sign on for the year!

manic

devilmaster
02-02-11, 09:01 AM
OK.. I took the plunge, and after years of grousing about it, I started the league... Hopefully, I will do as well as JL and Devilmaster as a commish. :thumbup:

Umm, ya. You might wanna set the sights a little higher! ;)

manic mechanic
02-09-11, 04:11 PM
Umm, ya. You might wanna set the sights a little higher! ;)

Don't be so tough on yourself, Steve...

You dealt with me without putting a hit out on me, so at least you got that going for you... :laugh:

manic

manic mechanic
02-09-11, 04:12 PM
Ony 3 teams so far???

Where are the rest of the usual suspects????

TRDfan
02-10-11, 05:51 PM
I think I took last year off.....but I'll jump back in.

Winston Wolfe
02-11-11, 01:56 PM
OK folks, meet team "NixJax Racing".
which is the team formerly known as "Minor Threat Racing"
My 10 year old son wants to *help* this year - so its a true team effort :D

Let's see what changes YAHOO! has in store for us this year.
Last year there was kind of a Spring, Summer and Fall "leader"....

Winston Wolfe
02-11-11, 02:15 PM
Ony 3 teams so far???

Where are the rest of the usual suspects????

Manic - I'm back.... last year's "Summer" winner :cool:
and overall 3rd place trophy winner...

hey, look at it this way - if its only the 4 of us, you gots a 75% chance of taking home at least one piece of hardware! :gomer:

TRDfan
02-11-11, 11:42 PM
I was so inspired (not) by the Bud Shootout selection show - I completed my sign up.

"Turn 3 Racing" is ready to roll. (A lil tribute to the good times at the Mile)

Methanolandbrats
02-12-11, 01:35 AM
Jimmee Jhonson, Mark Martin, some other rednecks, that's my guess. Dale Jr still sucks. Caught some "practice" today while waitning for the Bucks game. Looked like subway cars glued together pushing each other. Lesser Waltripe came on and yammered about the back car "steern' the front car". WTF? Then the retards announcing said the dodge looked like a muscle car because of the taillight decal and some other mouth breather chimed in the Ford had decals that made it look like dual exharst. I will not waste anoather millisecond of my life thinking abouit that ****.

Winston Wolfe
02-12-11, 03:47 PM
Jimmee Jhonson, Mark Martin, some other rednecks, that's my guess. Dale Jr still sucks. Caught some "practice" today while waitning for the Bucks game. Looked like subway cars glued together pushing each other. Lesser Waltripe came on and yammered about the back car "steern' the front car". WTF? Then the retards announcing said the dodge looked like a muscle car because of the taillight decal and some other mouth breather chimed in the Ford had decals that made it look like dual exharst. I will not waste anoather millisecond of my life thinking abouit that ****.

Yo, Gas & Sausage - that is a great recap of what NAPCAB has become. Its all about the show. Lesser Waltrip is truly a certifiable mouthpiece for the theatrical production that roundy round has become. The decal difference between the Car of Yesterday is comical. With the strict adherence to the rules, madated wing/spoiler angles, vehicle templates, gears, rear ends, manifolds, etc. they have taken virtually any ingenuity out of the racing. Multiple "TV Time Out" yellow flags for "day-bree" on the track, and taking full yellows for a guy who spins at the rear of the field, so that they can bunch of the field to create more excitement has got to have St. Dale, Sr rolling in his grave.
I enjoy the yahoo fantasy league so that I can win some virtual awards, but your recap of what NASCRAP has become is truly comical and accurate!:thumbup:

manic mechanic
02-12-11, 04:18 PM
With the strict adherence to the rules, madated wing/spoiler angles, vehicle templates, gears, rear ends, manifolds, etc. they have taken virtually any ingenuity out of the racing.

Wait just a minute there, Y'all...

They have announced a switch to EFI starting in 2012, and Ford wants the Mustang approved to replace the Fusion in 2013.

Now if the bow-tie guys can get the Camaro involved (to replace that fugly Impala SS) at least the cars will be better recognized by all the 5 year olds the Daytona Mafia are currently attempting to brainwash :laugh:

The way I see it, all they will need is a fistfight or two and the cabs will gain back the market share they lost over the last few years.

manic

Dvdb
02-18-11, 03:17 PM
Ribs and Bacon Racing (formerly Team TJB) is back after a winter of discontent.

manic mechanic
02-19-11, 10:20 PM
8 teams now, but plenty of room for more!

Thanks for playing, folks! (Yes, I will say it in advance)

manic

JLMannin
02-20-11, 09:34 AM
I'm in. Same team name as usual (Team Cornball)

dando
02-20-11, 10:30 AM
Team Boogity, boogity, boogity is in the house.

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
02-20-11, 02:18 PM
Just remembered to update my team picks for the week.
Looks like EVERYONE on YAHOO! is going with Jr. for "The Call"....
I mean, who cant get all teary-eyed when lap #3 comes and everyone holds three fingers in the air for a moment of silence for St. Dale ???? :gomer:
Are the drivers going to turn off their motors and coast ?
Is DW going to shut his pie-hole for a few seconds ??? :shakehead
Only time will telll !!!!

Dave99
02-27-11, 12:45 AM
Watch out for The Malachi Crunch! :gomer:

trish
02-27-11, 07:57 PM
Watch out for The Malachi Crunch! :gomer:

You might want to set up a roster so you can score some points.

manic mechanic
03-01-11, 01:59 AM
You might want to set up a roster so you can score some points.

Chill out on Dave... He's a former champion of this league, and evidently he thought the "Arnold Palmer" rule was in effect... It isn't, and so it goes.

I'd put money on the "ormlygumfudgeon" fighting for a top 5 come November if I were you. ;)

I just know.:p

Welcome Back, Dave!!!

I knew you'd get bored with other stuff and come back!! :laugh:

manic

trish
03-06-11, 12:47 AM
Wait just a minute there, Y'all...

They have announced a switch to EFI starting in 2012, and Ford wants the Mustang approved to replace the Fusion in 2013.

Now if the bow-tie guys can get the Camaro involved (to replace that fugly Impala SS) at least the cars will be better recognized by all the 5 year olds the Daytona Mafia are currently attempting to brainwash :laugh:

The way I see it, all they will need is a fistfight or two and the cabs will gain back the market share they lost over the last few years.

manic

Unfortunately for NASCAR I don't think any cameras were rolling, but with 2 races in Robby is already on probation for beating up Kevin Conway. lol

manic mechanic
03-27-11, 11:27 PM
Serious competition going on from 3rd to 7th... that gap is under 40 points, and positions among the group change weekly!

I'm happy with 91.88% of the league...

Dave, you need to start submitting some lineups or you will face sanction/exclusion. ;)

<Da Commish>

Dave99
04-07-11, 08:24 PM
Dave, you need to start submitting some lineups or you will face sanction/exclusion. ;)

<Da Commish>

:(

You know me... I was hoping to finish the season with a perfect record. :gomer:

See you next Saturday @ LB for ALMS? Yes :thumbup: No :thumdown:

manic mechanic
04-08-11, 12:13 AM
:(

You know me... I was hoping to finish the season with a perfect record. :gomer:

See you next Saturday @ LB for ALMS? Yes :thumbup: No :thumdown:

See post #19.. I picked you to be in contention for the win, not the "Arnold Palmer" award.

I dislike being disappointed more than I dislike pseudo-participants. I started a week late one year and stayed in the hunt all year because that is what the competition expected of me.

Long Beach for ALMS? Absolutely. :thumbup:

No better way to show the LBGPA that the main race has been on Saturday since 2009 than having a packed house for ALMS and people giving away FIC tix for Sunday.

Thanks for listening...

manic

trish
07-02-11, 10:39 PM
I lucked out with my picks tonight. Hopefully I move up a little.

trish
07-17-11, 04:28 PM
I was looking good until the last 3 laps. :(

manic mechanic
11-20-11, 10:44 PM
Final results of the NECKCAR challenge 2011 (as if most of you give a flying F#ck...) Get over it.. WE had fun!!

Team name: total points, position change, top 10s, top 5s week wins

1 Team Taxicabs 9,757 (+1) 36 25 6
2 Team Crashtruck 9,630 (-1) 36 19 5
3 Haywood's Circle-Jerks 9,475 (0) 36 20 3
4 Kyle B The Son Dale Never Had 9,321(0) 36 18 3
5 tweekingdarules 9,357 (0) 34 15 4
6 Turn 3 Racing 9,342 (0) 35 20 3
7 Team Cornball 9,214 (0) 35 16 5
8 Capitalism Gone Wild 9,155 (0) 32 19 3
9 NIxJax Racing 9,073 (0) 34 17 3
10 Ribs and Bacon Racing 8,899 (0) 35 11 2
11 Boogity boogity boogity 2,259 (0) 8 2 1
12 Ernest T. Bass Racin' 1,605 (0) 4 0 0

Congrats to dcracer on the season championship. Winning the whole deal on the last weekend shows a lot of moxy.

Enjoy the championship, dc... You earned it! :thumbup:

manic

TRDfan
11-20-11, 11:05 PM
I do much better the weeks I actually remember to pick drivers before qualifying.

My gut said to pick Stewart for today, but my brain said Edwards - should have went with my gut.

manic mechanic
11-20-11, 11:54 PM
I do much better the weeks I actually remember to pick drivers before qualifying.

My gut said to pick Stewart for today, but my brain said Edwards - should have went with my gut.

You were not alone, my friend... I had the winner on the bench 11 times this season (talk about "leaving it on the table") ... Edwards was my guy today as well.

Great effort from your team this year, my friend. :thumbup:

manic

emjaya
11-21-11, 07:43 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I had Stewart on the bench.

I've led this thing for half the season and I've lost on the last week. That sucks. :(

(wanders off to kick the dog.) :gomer:

Oh, and congrats to whomever won.

Dave99
11-23-11, 09:06 PM
I had the winner on the bench 11 times this season

Oh, yeah? Well I had the winner on the bench all year long!! :gomer:

:laugh:

dcracer
11-28-11, 01:21 AM
Never thought in a 100 years did I think i had a chance at winning this thing. I was 400 points out of first with 10 races to go, was ready to just try and hang on to second.

Had a bunch of fun with this league this year. Hopefully will be as much fun again next year.

Thanks manic for putting it together.

TravelGal
11-28-11, 01:50 AM
Hey, dc, just like Stewart. Bazillion points behind and wins it on the last weekend. What else can we do to get you to start posting here?

manic mechanic
01-29-12, 11:07 PM
bump...

Well OK then... Who is doing Comissioner duty in 2012?? Quite a few have taken a turn, and it's time for some new blood to administer this deal.

Trish??

WW??

Dave???? :laugh:

Sonic??

emjaya??

<crickets>....

dcracer
01-29-12, 11:14 PM
I can do it, if that's ok with everyone.

manic mechanic
01-29-12, 11:24 PM
I can do it, if that's ok with everyone.

Just do it, and post the link as a new thread.

I salute you, my friend! :thumbup: