PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Bourdais looks to return to IndyCar with Dale Coyne

swift
02-01-11, 04:04 PM
http://www.racer.com/sebastien-bourdais-looks-to-return-to-indycar-with-dale-coyne/article/195469/

:confused:

racer2c
02-01-11, 04:11 PM
Is Feb 1 the new April Fools Day? Something to do with the whole astrology houses shifting. :)

Trevor Longman
02-01-11, 04:15 PM
His future would be more promising in sports cars. I really don't want to see him get dragged down in the AOW scene again.

cameraman
02-01-11, 04:35 PM
It makes absolutely no sense unless he feels he can't get a ride in LMS. Does he still have his Peugeot ride? Crashing out of Zhuhai won him no friends.

The translation off his web page
It is on the small circuit of Sebring that I took the wheel of an IndyCar for the first time since 2005 and my experience at Indy 500. Following numerous requests from Dale, I agreed to come and test his Dallara Honda. I quickly got my bearings, and after some testing principles, we finished the day on a very honorable 53.5, which represents the fastest time recorded since the beginning of the year.
The purpose of this test was to evaluate the potential course of the team and the best in this car. With the lights to green, it only remains to find some missing people in the organization, and I can go back to the U.S.. The program would be limited to the championship road (street circuits and road). I will certainly keep you informed of developments in the project.

So he won't even be in the championship race. Maybe it is just a paycheck.

Gnam
02-01-11, 05:00 PM
weird. Who's next, Forsythe? :gomer:

Chief
02-01-11, 06:35 PM
So's he won't be in the "Most Important Race in History"? Good for SeabAss.

Methanolandbrats
02-01-11, 07:22 PM
Whiney bitch should stay in France. Not that I GAF, won't be watching if he does show up.

patski
02-02-11, 10:52 AM
So's he won't be in the "Most Important Race in History"? Good for SeabAss.

Oh! Oh! It's nuts!

G.
02-02-11, 11:04 AM
His future would be more promising in sports cars. I really don't want to see him get dragged down in the AOW scene again.
Maybe Gentilooser's hiring.

:gomer:

NismoZ
03-11-11, 12:32 PM
Bourdais is still testing with Coyne @ Sebring then on to Barber. Looks like he's in for non-conflicting road races. Wellll... it ain't exactly SUPERLeague, but one has to stay busy when not trying to win his hometown race.:)

NismoZ
03-29-11, 02:11 PM
Baby steps. Next time maybe he gets to take the green!:)

BarillaGirl
03-29-11, 05:19 PM
Baby steps. Next time maybe he gets to take the green!:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

cameraman
03-29-11, 05:56 PM
Bourdais did a very good job of totally destroying that car.:eek:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/bourdais.jpg

NismoZ
03-29-11, 06:25 PM
C'mon now, you've SEEN totally destroyed cars. How 'bout Bodine's crashing, flipping, flaming, T-boned NASTRUCK of a few years ago? :eek: And "he walked away"...eventually!

The Doctor
03-29-11, 10:01 PM
Watched the DCR crew attack Bourdais' car in the paddock once they got it back. Pretty much a total write-off, and Jakes' car was pretty torn up, too. They had no extra floors to use. Had to take the undamaged floor off of Bourdais' car and put it on Jakes' car. Took the left-side suspension off of Bourdais' car to put on Jakes' car. Cannibalized a few other bits and pieces too. Drafted in some friends to help put the 18 back together, saw Dale Coyne himself working on the 18. Watched the elder Bourdais walk around sullenly, talking on his phone, staring at Acorn stickers and looking off into the distance.

Hard Driver
03-29-11, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnqLEL51Bpc

Rogue Leader
03-30-11, 08:54 AM
Ohh how the mighty have fallen.

No offense to DCR, the guys are on a shoestring budget, and have a lot of heart. But Bourdais is a 4 time champion (who boneheadedly totaled his only car in practice), so this all comes out like a big sloppy mess.

Steve99
03-30-11, 03:11 PM
so this all comes out like a big sloppy mess.

Just like the IRL.

Gnam
03-30-11, 03:44 PM
Remember when street races were considered "cheaper" to run than ovals due to less crash damage. :laugh:

The only time I remember a Champ Car upside down on a street circuit was that huge mess in the rain at Surfer's Paradise.