PDA

View Full Version : Gentiloozer does something right for once!

Trevor Longman
01-31-11, 10:40 PM
This is really fantastic news even if it is for Gentiloozers backmarker team. I feel good for them. Plus it will be nice to see them all racing in America again.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/alms-da-matta-junqueira-and-jones-sign-for-jaguar/

Ripped
01-31-11, 10:55 PM
They can't make those things run long enough to need that many drivers. I give it two races before two of those guys quit the deal. I bet they end up in court arguing about money owed as well.

Methanolandbrats
01-31-11, 11:48 PM
I hope this works, it reeks of potential awesomeness. :thumbup:

Ripped
02-01-11, 12:31 AM
I hope this works, it reeks of potential awesomeness. :thumbup:

Do you think T. Kendall still has Christiano's phone number?

Gnam
02-01-11, 02:06 AM
Get the money upfront and start looking for another ride from Day 1. Otherwise, enjoy!

NismoZ
02-01-11, 09:35 AM
Like Trevor I will applaud the silver lining and let the rest of you remind us all of the dark clouds. Sportscar/GT fans need all the help we can get and I look forward to seeing these guys race.

pchall
02-01-11, 01:10 PM
I thought this thread would be about who he owes money to again. Nine month head start on the topic --- these guys will be wondering where the checks are in a few months.

Gnam
02-01-11, 01:17 PM
If the team covers their travel expenses they'll be ahead of the game.

cameraman
02-01-11, 01:20 PM
It would be nice if the car(s) were not abject embarrassments this year. I'd like to see these guys drive but I really doubt that the car will be worthy of the drivers. Also Gentiloser's ego demands that he still drives, last year he proved beyond all doubt that he sucks but he still drives. Which one of the three gets saddled with being his teammate?

Anteater
02-01-11, 03:41 PM
Good to see da Matta back in the game! :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
02-01-11, 09:22 PM
This is better than all sorts of possible news. It just might turn out to be a great story.

I thought of this though:

"I can't believe somebody as good as Bruno doesn't have a full-time ride in IndyCar but we've got a two-month gap in our ALMS schedule so both of us are available to run the Indy 500.
Sad but true that Indy still has the importance it has. And I really would not like to see its importance crater, just the *****ead who are behind it crater in their impact on the sport.

cameraman
03-11-11, 08:54 PM
They just signed Oriol Servia to drive at Sebring.

Car #98 PJ Jones, Rocky Moran Jr. & Kenny Wilden
Car #99 Oriol Servia, Cristiano Da Matta & Bruno Junqueira

TRDfan
03-11-11, 10:54 PM
I hope it lasts......

NismoZ
03-13-11, 10:57 AM
Servia, DaMatta and Junqueria...Excuse me, but that ALONE would get me to tune in...uh, oh...never mind!:irked:

Andrew Longman
03-15-11, 05:35 PM
Servia, DaMatta and Junqueria...Excuse me, but that ALONE would get me to tune in...uh, oh...never mind!:irked:

You can tune in.

This is the sport.

Unless you need to wash your hair or something.

But unless you want to walk away from the sport completely in smug knowledge that it used to be WAY better, this is it.

Gnam
03-15-11, 06:04 PM
I believe NismoZ was refering to the difficulty in finding ALMS race broadcasts. ;)

I enjoy racing against Rocketsports. It's always a challenge to see if you can finish your first beverage before the Jag craps out. :p

NismoZ
03-15-11, 11:02 PM
Yup, no ESPN3.

NismoZ
03-15-11, 11:12 PM
Yup, no ESPN3. Oh, .com? That might work, or the ALMS site? SIXTY hours of coverage!? That's 1hr. Per car!:eek:

Fio1
03-16-11, 02:06 AM
Glad to see Rocky Moran JR back in a race car!

extramundane
03-16-11, 07:47 AM
Yup, no ESPN3. Oh, .com? That might work, or the ALMS site?

Seeing as the ALMS Timing & Scoring site crashed multiple times during testing the last two days (requiring "emergency server maintenance" at one point), I'm not what you would call optimistic about their ability to handle the stream for non-ESPN3 folks.

As for Paulie Poledance, he oughta be thankful that godawful Panoz is around- makes his operation look top-shelf in comparison. :laugh:

extramundane
03-16-11, 02:08 PM
Or maybe not. From Elsewhere:

In the US, the feed will be available via ESPN3 and ALMS.com However, this feed will be from ESPN3, so either you have ESPN3, or you are out of luck.

NismoZ
03-16-11, 06:11 PM
Well, there you go, then! No spoilers!:rofl:

cameraman
03-16-11, 07:23 PM
That makes no sense at all. To quote the ALMS site:
You don't get ESPN3? Have no fear. The same incredible live qualifying and race coverage will be available on this website.

Somebody is wrong, the question is who?

extramundane
03-16-11, 07:26 PM

The quote I posted was from someone who asked for clarification within ALMS. I think the only thing certain at this point is that the package is f***** up.

Gnam
03-16-11, 07:37 PM
You don't know what ESPN3 means.
:gomer:

extramundane
03-17-11, 07:51 AM

From the Hunting Dog, on the ALMS forum:

It means if you are in the US. You can watch it through ESPN3, or ALMS.com... but ONLY if you have access to ESPN3 from your ISP.

If you do not, you are out of luck.

Outside of the US, anywhere, you will see the broadcast from ALMS.com, with the RLM commentating... assuming it works.

These are not assumptions, or heresay, I talked to the PR department today, to seek clarification for the forums.

Vibrant!

G.
03-17-11, 03:03 PM
You don't know what ESPN3 means.
:gomer:

I think it means I have to upgrade to XboxLive Gold.

You can watch it through ESPN3, or ALMS.com... but ONLY if you have access to ESPN3 from your ISP.Huh?

Does my ISP have to subscribe to ESPN3??

My ISP lets me have access to lots of places, most of 'em they prolly shouldn't.

extramundane
03-17-11, 03:30 PM
Does my ISP have to subscribe to ESPN3??

Yep. The list of participating ISPs is here (http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList), but I've heard that just because a provider is on the list doesn't necessarily mean all of that provider's service areas have access to it.

cameraman
03-17-11, 04:01 PM
It is limited to cable internet ISPs. If you connect via DSL you can't get ESPN3.

nissan gtp
03-17-11, 08:07 PM
this sucks. :mad:

Indy
03-17-11, 09:02 PM
It is limited to cable internet ISPs. If you connect via DSL you can't get ESPN3.

Isn't uverse DSL? I have uverse and I get it, though the video quality makes it virtually worthless.

RusH
03-17-11, 09:46 PM
I get Verizon DSL. 6204 Kbps at this moment.

cameraman
03-18-11, 12:57 AM
Okay in Salt Lake at least the only way to get it is if you get your internet through Comcast cable.

cameraman
03-18-11, 08:12 PM
Getting back on topic.

Gentilozer stays true to form:

Qualifying

17th in GT #099 (Junqueira*)/Da Matta/Servia -2.699 from GT pole
20th in GT #098 (Jones*)/Moran/Wilden -3.766 from pole

That is counting the GTE-AM in the GT class

That Panoz thing is in between them along with a GTE-AM ZR1.

cameraman
03-19-11, 08:45 PM
Cristiano da Matta is out on the track. Down a mere 255 laps:shakehead

Fio1
04-16-11, 07:47 PM
That guy needs to stay out of the car and let pro's at it. Nice going stuffing it in the wall. Come man, put Rocky JR in car, Paul! :saywhat:

manic mechanic
04-21-11, 12:20 AM
Not a bad result from the #99 car at LBGP, and the team was very receptive to visitors. Good performance improvement; The car is beginning to come along.

Results:

#99 (Bruno & Cristiano) 12th overall (-4 laps), 6th in GT (-2 laps).

Fast race lap: 1:21.633 (Bruno). Class fast lap: 1:20.552 (Magnussen)*track record for the class*.

Oh, and Fio, I'd bet that PG is going to get someone he knows from GA before he hires Rocky jr. No knock on Moran, but PG would want someone with more recent seat time in a "big" car (and some GA drivers have been known to "work for food"). ;)

Saw a lot of people I know last weekend... missed some I haven't seen in awhile.

manic

Anteater
08-11-11, 04:57 PM
My friend was at Mid-Ohio last weekend; she reports that da Matta wasn't there, and Bruno said that he wasn't with the Jaguar team anymore. He didn't say anything else about it. I was so looking forward to seeing da Matta at Laguna Seca! :(

According to a recent Gordon Kirby column, things were going fine...
http://www.gordonkirby.com/categories/columns/theway/2011/the_way_it_is_no295.html

Trevor Longman
08-11-11, 06:34 PM
I don't know anything about Junquiera but Da Matta is out because he burned his feet rather badly at Lime Rock. I hope they don't leave, they're the only bright spot in an otherwise mediocre team.

Gnam
08-11-11, 07:40 PM
wot?

It wasn't mentioned in the post race interview after Lime Rock.

http://www.motorsport.com/#/alms/news/alms-jaguarrsr-lime-rock-race-report/?v=2&s=1&i=125

I hope he returns.

manic mechanic
08-12-11, 02:07 AM
My friend was at Mid-Ohio last weekend; she reports that da Matta wasn't there, and Bruno said that he wasn't with the Jaguar team anymore. He didn't say anything else about it. I was so looking forward to seeing da Matta at Laguna Seca! :(

Fear not, friends.

Cristiano did indeed burn his feet, but is still with the RSR Jag team (from sources closer to ALMS than I am). RSR hoped he would be ready by Baltimore, but they are being cautious (and Wilden has been a solid, although not as charismatic, sub) with the injury.

I think he will be back in the car at Seca if he is up to the task, otherwise, the team will do what's best for the effort.

<homer simpson mode on> MMMMmmmm...Seca!!!! <homer simpson mode off> :D:D

ALMS fan board gatherings both Friday and Saturday.. a lot like the old ChampCar days! :thumbup:

manic

Anteater
08-13-11, 10:57 AM
Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding, Trevor and manic! I hope Cristiano heals up quickly.

Burned feet--how did that happen? :confused:Was it connected to the electrical problem the car was having at Lime Rock?

Rus'L
08-17-11, 11:28 AM
RSR hoped he would be ready by Baltimore,

I think he will be back in the car at Seca if he is up to the task, otherwise, the team will do what's best for the effort.

That is correct, and I heard it straight from the RSR team at Mid-Ohio.

Rus'L
08-17-11, 11:29 AM
Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding, Trevor and manic! I hope Cristiano heals up quickly.

Burned feet--how did that happen? :confused:Was it connected to the electrical problem the car was having at Lime Rock?

Something like that. The floorboard got really, really hot.