PDA

View Full Version : CV Sports Sues IMS/IRL For Nonpayment

Corner5
01-28-11, 04:54 PM
From AR1-

"CV Sports files lawsuit against IMS and IndyCar CV Sports, who helped broker the IZOD sponsorship deal with IndyCar on Thursday filed a lawsuit against the Indy Racing League LLC and the Indy Motor Speedway in Marion County, Indiana alleging Breach of Contract, Unjust Enrichment, Tortious Interference with Contractual Relationships, Tortious Interference with Business Relationships, and Defamation.
In a nutshell CV Sports feels that IndyCar has tried to cut them out of their fair commission for work they performed in bringing IZOD to the table with IndyCar that resulted in IZOD agreeing to become the title sponsor of the IndyCar World Series in a multi-year deal they claim has an overall value of as much as $100 million."

I read the copy and its a doozy!CV Sports has been hooking up IMS/IRL and IRL teams with sponsors since 2004 for 10% fee. CV Sports brought IZOD (PVH) to IMS/IRL at their request for an "Apparel industry Sponsor" and then IMS eventually cut them out of the picture and didn't pay them.
Howard Jaffe of CV Sports has been refused a hard card and IMS/IRL have threatened any teams that work with him or his company. It says this has cost Andretti 2 team sponsorships.PVH has cut off their communication with CVS also at the request of IMS/IRL.

Also turns out they told CVS they had no contract with any other agency to find a title sponsor, but they did ,with JMI(Just Marketing International), which required they got paid no matter who brought in the title sponsor. They got a percentage without doing anything.

This is typical IMS/IRL business dealings.

:tony::gomer::tony:

Gnam
01-28-11, 05:22 PM
So they pay Simmons for "I am Mindy", but not CVS for bringing a real company to sponsor their sham of a racing series?

Sounds about right. :shakehead

Don Quixote
01-28-11, 06:23 PM
So they pay Simmons for "I am Mindy", but not CVS for bringing a real company to sponsor their sham of a racing series?

Sounds about right. :shakeheadNo good deed goes unpunished. :gomer:

racer2c
01-28-11, 08:46 PM
Wow, ar1 is still around? Whoda thunk.

Indy
01-28-11, 10:18 PM
Typical. The whole split was just a pathetic attempt to scam the team owners out of their profits. Nothing new here.

stroker
01-29-11, 10:25 AM
I'll be interested to see if this makes the Speed Report...

Methanolandbrats
01-29-11, 10:29 AM
I'll be interested to see if this makes the Speed Report...

it's Daytoner time..........scrubbie bubbles take the rag and cabs are warming up for the 5 hunnert. I don't think small claims court in Indiana is gonna rate much airtime.

NismoZ
01-29-11, 12:50 PM
..and don't call 'em ar1.:saywhat:.....:rofl:

TravelGal
01-30-11, 04:38 PM
Typical. The whole split was just a pathetic attempt to scam the team owners out of their profits. Nothing new here.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

..and don't call 'em ar1.:saywhat:.....:rofl:

Now THAT made me laugh. And I needed a laugh today. :thumbup: