PDA

View Full Version : Linda Wood

Ed_Severson
01-15-11, 11:26 PM
Many of you probably remember Dave & Linda Wood through their involvement with the Champ Car Inner Circle ... Dave would periodically post here under the username wood-eye. What you may or may not have known is that Linda had been battling cancer for a while.

Unfortunately Linda passed yesterday, surrounded by her friends and family.

For anyone who might be interested, Dave had a blog to keep people up to date on Linda's journey, which you can read here (http://www.linda-lou.blogspot.com/) if you'd like. I suspect there may be some info on memorial, messages, flowers, etc. there, but perhaps Dave will expend his energies elsewhere. I will try to update here as I come across any info.

I can only claim to have briefly met both Dave and Linda a couple times, but I saw an awful lot of them at the track. There were a lot of things wrong with Champ Car towards the end, but they were always a bright spot. Wonderful people, great with the fans, and amazingly pleasant at all times -- glad we had them in the paddock with us. Godspeed, Linda, and deepest condolences to Dave & family.

trish
01-16-11, 12:15 AM
I've been reading their blog since it was posted at CCF (CW) a few years ago. She fought long and hard and went through so many ups and downs but still was able to smile, stay positive, and enjoy her time with family and friends. What incredible strength she had. It's obvious that she was a very special person as she was loved, admired and cared for by so many people. May she rest in peace. Now my thoughts are with Dave and their family.

Elmo T
01-16-11, 11:16 AM
:(

I don't think I ever crossed paths with those two where they weren't smiling, having fun, and making sure everyone else was having a good time.

KLang
01-16-11, 11:21 AM
I remember both of them from the races.

:( My condolences.

Chief
01-16-11, 11:23 AM
I and my friends had the good pleasure of meeting Linda. Her hard work was appreciated and as Ed described, a bright spot for all of us. She will be missed.

Condolences to Dave and their families. :(

Don Quixote
01-16-11, 11:31 AM
They were the best. Rest in peace Linda. Condolences to Dave and family. :(

TravelGal
01-16-11, 03:01 PM
That blog was the greatest love story ever written. I felt privileged to be able to read it every day.

nrc
01-16-11, 05:47 PM
Very sad news. Prayers and wishes for comfort to the family and friends. :(

RaceGrrl
01-17-11, 12:58 AM
:(

So sorry to hear about Linda's passing. My sympathies to Dave and his family.

TravelGal
01-17-11, 03:28 AM
From the blog, http://www.linda-lou.blogspot.com/
posted Sunday night:

"The CELEBRATION OF LINDA will be Saturday...January 22nd at 1 pm....at the Zion Lutheran Church in Newberg Oregon.....301 S River Street.....

With the help of Pastor Steve Estrem , Janine and Dave were able to put a program together that reflected the wishes Dave and Linda had discussed several times.....

Following the Celebration Of Linda, a GATHERING will take place in the Fellowship Hall where refreshments will be served as well as pictures of Linda....folks will be able to put an order in for a picture book of our favorite photos of Linda as well as seeing some favorite things of Linda...

This event has a money back guarantee...it will not be something to miss...."

There also follows a description of the different stories of how he and Linda "connected." Very funny. Very "Dave."

Anteater
01-20-11, 08:33 PM
That blog was the greatest love story ever written. I felt privileged to be able to read it every day.

The blog was very uplifting to read; Linda had such an outstanding attitude despite the many challenges that faced her, and Dave was her stalwart support throughout. I learned many life lessons from their adversity. RIP dear Linda; Dave and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers.