PDA

View Full Version : Michel loses pole

nz_climber
06-14-03, 10:02 PM
FROM Cart.com

JOURDAIN LOSES POLE AFTER TECH INSPECTION Saturday, June 14, 2003

Michel Jourdain Jr. will start back in 13th having been disqualified from Saturday's qualifying session and losing his pole position time for Sunday's Grand Prix of Monterey. His Team Rahal Lola/Cosworth was found to be underweight during CART's technical inspection after qualifying for round seven of the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series.

Click here for full Story (http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6229)

Railbird
06-14-03, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up Rusty.

We'll see what Jourdain can do tomorrow with a good car coming from the back.

Audi_A4
06-14-03, 11:07 PM
I would not be surprised if he winds up on the podium.

pchall
06-14-03, 11:07 PM
Starting 13th is slightly better than 19th. But MJ has his work cut out for him.

RaceGrrl
06-14-03, 11:10 PM
It's not an easy course to pass on, but Team Rahal does well on pit stops, so that should help a little.

Ankf00
06-15-03, 01:50 AM
It's now a 1 turn course really... hairpin excluded for obvious reasons, he should do well with his crew and his well prepared car, i'd be very surprised if he didnt pull off a top 5, it's not like seca's impossible to pass on

RaceGrrl
06-15-03, 08:51 AM
From Team Rahal's website: "We are shocked and baffled at this development. The crew weighed the Gigante car just prior to qualifying and the car was overweight. The numbers just simply don't add up. We are currently investigating the discrepancy in the weight of the car. We feel bad for Michel who did a fantastic job in qualifying today. We hate to see his success taken away because of an error by the team."

Rahal Story (http://www.rahal.com/news/index.php?newsid=670)

RaceChic
06-15-03, 12:04 PM
All I can say is, what a shame. :shakehead

nz_climber
06-15-03, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
Thanks for the heads up Rusty.

Wrong kiwi but its all good :D

Rusty = kiwifan