PDA

View Full Version : The New Black and Gold

racer2c
01-14-11, 12:16 PM
The red from the Total sponsor takes away the over all effect, but it's still pretty cool.

TrueBrit
01-14-11, 12:27 PM
I'd have to agree...pretty sweet looking..

Methanolandbrats
01-14-11, 12:31 PM
Well, it looks fast.

High Sided
01-14-11, 04:32 PM
:thumbup:

another example of red taking away from the overall effect...
http://www.earnhardtautomotive.com/hofg3.html

DagoFast
01-14-11, 07:20 PM
It reminds me of Smokey and the Bandit, Members Only jackets and Mario and Ronnie. This retro s%!t is getting out of hand. Quit looking backwards.

pchall
01-14-11, 11:19 PM
It reminds me of Smokey and the Bandit, Members Only jackets and Mario and Ronnie. This retro s%!t is getting out of hand. Quit looking backwards.

I agree. Retro is an escape from an impossible future.

racer2c
01-15-11, 12:08 AM
I assume that once the sponsors paint is laid down, it won't look anything like this.

Ziggy
01-15-11, 10:17 AM
Nice fin and jet engine nacels :thumdown:

Freakin' cartoon car.

Interesting reading this week from Auto Car dated 1969 in a letter from Jochen Rindt in where he spoke of wings bringing the ruin of close racing. He also states in where in did not take as much talent to actually drive the car.

They are so far down the wrong road it makes me sick

Methanolandbrats
01-15-11, 11:00 AM

They are so far down the wrong road it makes me sick So you don't like the movable wings? :gomer:

cameraman
01-15-11, 12:39 PM
That's last year's car with a new paint job. The 2011 car won't see the light of day for a few weeks at least.

pchall
01-15-11, 04:02 PM
On second viewing, I'm angry and hope that JPS copyrighted their livery and can sue the new kids asses off.

This is pretty punk and lame to me. If they want to be Team Lotus the can go green like Kermit and add the yellow nose and the stripe up the cowl to the cockpit.

STD
01-15-11, 06:34 PM
Team Rotus is staying with those colors.

stroker
01-15-11, 11:13 PM
French car? Should be blue, perhaps like the old Gitanes Ligier...

TedN
01-18-11, 07:32 AM
Livery could be a problem in Montreal.

The revival of the legendary John Player Special-Lotus colours may be great for nostalgic Formula One fans, but the historic black and gold paint scheme may cause some headaches for its team during Canadian Grand Prix in June.

While it’s a neat tribute to the Lotus teams of the 1970s and 1980s, having the Renault F1 team’s car look even remotely similar to a cigarette pack likely violates Canada’s ban on tobacco advertising, even if it has no connection to the former sponsorship or the John Player Special (JPS) brand owner. Renault F1 announced late last year that it would resurrect the JPS colours after signing a sponsorship deal with Group Lotus.

Link (http://tinyurl.com/5skkv5j)

Ted

stroker
01-18-11, 09:09 AM
French car? Should be blue, perhaps like the old Gitanes Ligier...

Ah. Didn't see the Lotus connection. I am, as usual, a numbnut.