PDA

View Full Version : good thread reply "So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee"

G.
01-13-11, 04:06 PM
So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

:D

first reply here (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/)

pchall
01-13-11, 04:23 PM
Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs.

She needs to get a boyfriend who is into macrame, decalage, and scrapbooking. ;)

racer2c
01-13-11, 04:31 PM
Funny! I pictured Vince Vaughn rolling that off rapid fire style.

His delivery of this gem is classic in my favorite Christmas movie, Fred Clause;

*reposes a young girls HDTV from her bedroom*

You're gonna get hooked on that thing. I can see it now. Sixteen thousand bags of Cheetos later, you'll wake up, you're thirty-five, you're overweight, you're crying about your life in front of the soaps. I just did you a favor. You get outside, play around, make some friends, play kick the can, do some athletic stuff, go to school, you're comfortable enough to play sports, you get a partial scholarship, you got any ethnic in your background, any ethnicity in your background? I bet you do. It's America, you know what I mean? Find out what it is and put that down on the application for college. Now all the sudden you get a little extra money on the side, Uncle Sam's none the wiser for it. You take that extra money, you buy a motorcycle with it or something. Be a lady. Maybe meet a guy while you're at school. And then you'll get pregnant with child, it works out with the guy, it doesn't work out with the guy, who cares? You're blessed to have that kid in your life. You're going to be athletic, you're going to be a moderate to lukewarm student, and you're gonna have a child before you graduate college. And who are you going to have to thank for all that? Not the big guy in the red suit, but your pal Fred.

:rofl: