PDA

View Full Version : We have rebooked your ticket at no extra charge...

EDwardo
12-29-10, 06:51 PM
I was in Florida for Christmas visiting my mom. I was scheduled to fly back to Kansas City on Christmas day. But, All Delta flights into Atlanta were canceled for Saturday due to an impending snow fall (which turned out to be about 1 inch!). I went to the Delta web site to see what my rescheduled flight was going to be. Apparently the rocket science division at Delta had decided it was a good idea to re direct my trip back to Kansas City by way of New York on Sunday. I guess they hadn't noticed the same weather reports I had seen that a blizzard was due to bury New York on Sunday. I could see that my new flight plan was a bad idea so I called Delta (and was on hold for nearly an hour) before I got my flight rescheduled back through Atlanta and on to KC on Tuesday.
I might still be in New York on a bench without that phone call.

What was Delta thinking when they decided it was a good idea to send passengers to New York in the throes of a blizzard?

But like they informed me when I brought up the web page with my new itinerary to New York, "We have re booked your ticket at no extra charge...

WickerBill
12-29-10, 08:49 PM
Funny. It wouldn't be if you were in New York though -- American is saying some stranded passengers may be there until Jan 2...

TravelGal
12-29-10, 09:28 PM
Sorry to chuckle at this. The brain trust at just about any airline trusts the brains in the computer. :rolleyes: Meaning, it just looks for another option with seats available. Most of the time this happens, you find yourself with misconnecting flights. Oh, sorry, the computer didn't notice that either. Good job you were alert!

How about those Chiefs?!