PDA

View Full Version : FIA Approves Tiny, Boosted Lumps

Methanolandbrats
12-10-10, 12:51 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88647 Can't even equal todays output without bolt on dynamos :yuck: When I read this crap I like Jenson Button more and more. He wants "1000 HP and big front tires" :D

extramundane
12-10-10, 01:08 PM
Danica's finally getting an F1 drive?

Andrew Longman
12-10-10, 01:12 PM
I'm trying to find any announced changes in there are might be a good thing.

Movable rear wing for 2011?
The idea of a moveable rear wing for 2011, which will help overtaking, was approved - meaning that teams must now focus on getting the concept to work correctly prior to the start of the season.First race is only a few months off? Well, since they can't really test it anyway, that shouldn't be a problem. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
12-10-10, 01:21 PM

Movable rear wing for 2011? First race is only a few months off? Well, since they can't really test it anyway, that shouldn't be a problem. :shakehead

The wing won't be a problem unless it doesn't stand up at the end of the straight :D Then well see who can drive backwards. :thumbup:

chop456
12-10-10, 01:32 PM

:laugh:

Steve99
12-10-10, 03:39 PM
which will help overtaking,
That remains to be seen. The movable front wing didn't seem to help anything. And shrinking the front tires made following closely nearly impossible, which should have been expected.

cameraman
12-10-10, 05:27 PM
We will see. Lewis Hamilton said that the combination of the adjustable rear wing and the KERS system was almost impossible to manage at the end of a straight. He said that there were so many buttons, levers and switches to hit that you couldn't actually do it all and drive the car much less race the car.

Methanolandbrats
12-10-10, 06:29 PM
We will see. Lewis Hamilton said that the combination of the adjustable rear wing and the KERS system was almost impossible to manage at the end of a straight. He said that there were so many buttons, levers and switches to hit that you couldn't actually do it all and drive the car much less race the car.

Yup. The only KERS that makes sense is a transparent system similar to the one on the 911 GT3 R Hybrid. And the movable wing is just stupid and probably dangerous. Of course after a very competitive season, it is time for massive changes to save money and improve the racing :confused:

oddlycalm
12-10-10, 07:06 PM
In an effort to contain costs the FIA World Motor Sport Council committed group suicide in Monaco on Friday...

oc

ilferrari
12-11-10, 12:00 AM
I remember when F1 people used to scoff at NASCAR for being shallow entertainment full of contrived rules to generate action for TV.

cameraman
12-11-10, 02:12 AM
In an effort to contain costs the FIA World Motor Sport Council committed group suicide in Monaco on Friday.

We can but only hope. If we're really lucky they'll take the ACO with them.

manic mechanic
12-12-10, 03:31 AM

No, she just needs the "bolt-on dynamos"...:rofl::rofl:

Indy
12-12-10, 08:42 PM
I remember when F1 people used to scoff at NASCAR for being shallow entertainment full of contrived rules to generate action for TV.

Still do.

Oh, the shame... :o

Steve99
12-15-10, 10:05 PM
Of course after a very competitive season, it is time for massive changes to save money and improve the racing :confused:

The only thing competitive about the season was the driver's championship. The races themselves weren't too memorable, unless a Red Bull was running into someone or self destructing.

pchall
12-16-10, 09:41 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88647 Can't even equal todays output without bolt on dynamos :yuck: When I read this crap I like Jenson Button more and more. He wants "1000 HP and big front tires" :D

Cosworth GBA 1986-87 1497cc 750-1000 Bhp.
Formula 1, Turbo V6 Ford, Benetton get 1000 Bhp with fuel in '87

The "fuel" mixes used were highly poisonous and I doubt if they will ever be allowed again.

Methanolandbrats
12-16-10, 09:57 AM
The "fuel" mixes used were highly poisonous and I doubt if they will ever be allowed again.

Ya, fuelers had to wear respirators to fill the cars.:D Qualifying motors that lasted a couple laps, those were the days. :)

Methanolandbrats
12-16-10, 10:00 AM
The only thing competitive about the season was the driver's championship. The races themselves weren't too memorable, unless a Red Bull was running into someone or self destructing.

Red Bull found an advantage through clever engineering and exploited it. It was up to the other teams to figure it out and catch up. That's how F1 is supposed to work. The extreme alternative is Cabs where any advantage is taken away to ensure "close racin'". I thought this year, in fact the last three years were excellent seasons.

Insomniac
12-16-10, 05:35 PM
Red Bull found an advantage through clever engineering and exploited it. It was up to the other teams to figure it out and catch up. That's how F1 is supposed to work. The extreme alternative is Cabs where any advantage is taken away to ensure "close racin'". I thought this year, in fact the last three years were excellent seasons.

The crappy part is that because of the testing limits, it takes forever to catch up.

Steve99
12-21-10, 03:28 PM
Red Bull found an advantage through clever engineering and exploited it. It was up to the other teams to figure it out and catch up. That's how F1 is supposed to work.
I don't have a problem with that, but I think this season was a snoozer. After the first lap, the rules/regulations result in a parade of fast cars, not racing. The seasons just before the double-diffusers were better. And whoever decided that taking away front-end mechanical grip by shrinking the front tires was a good idea, should be forced to go work in the IRL.

Methanolandbrats
12-21-10, 03:53 PM
I don't have a problem with that, but I think this season was a snoozer. After the first lap, the rules/regulations result in a parade of fast cars, not racing. The seasons just before the double-diffusers were better. And whoever decided that taking away front-end mechanical grip by shrinking the front tires was a good idea, should be forced to go work in the IRL.

The previous two seasons were better. The front mechanical grip thing was stupid and the new rules are even more stupider :gomer: KERS and moving wings are more decisions for the driver to make instead of just driving. The wing rules are also gonna open up room for more "stewards decisions". :yuck: