PDA

View Full Version : Trans Am Schedule 2011

Corner5
12-03-10, 04:39 PM
Its a start, I guess.

TOPEKA, Dec. 3, 2010: SCCA Pro Racing today confirmed three races on the 2011 SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series schedule, including the season opener at Sebring International Raceway, a May date north of the border at Mosport International Raceway, and an August race at Road America.

The 2011 season will not only include the traditional ground-pounding Trans-Am machines, but also the recently announced Trans-Am 2 (TA2) and Trans-Am 3 (TA3) classes. All three classes will race together for the 2011 season for separate championship titles, with Trans-Am drivers chasing defending Series Champion Tony Ave.

Among the events to be included on the 2011 schedule are the opener at Sebring International Raceway (March 17 - 19) in Sebring, Fla.; Mosport International Raceway (May 20 - 22) in Bowmanville, Ontario; and Road America (August 19 - 21) in Elkhart Lake, Wis.

The Sebring and Road America rounds of the Championship will run on weekends with the American Le Mans Series, while the Trans-Am Series will co-headline the Mosport event with the World Challenge Championships.

“This announcement is just the beginning of what is shaping up to be a great 2011 schedule for the Trans-Am Series,” SCCA Pro Racing President and CEO Bob Wildberger said. “With three classes, these three events are just the start of what will be a very successful third season since the rebirth of Trans-Am.”

SCCA Pro Racing plans to announce additional dates on the schedule at the 23rd annual Performance Racing Industry Trade Show in Orlando, Fla., Thursday, December 9th at 1:15 p.m. (EST).

2010 SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series Schedule (Confirmed Dates)

Date Venue

March 17 - 19 Sebring International Raceway

Sebring, Fla.

May 20 - 22 Mosport International Raceway

Bowmanville, Ontario (Canada)

August 19 - 21 Road America

Elkhart Lake, Wis.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2010/12/03/509438.html

On a side note- ALMS race at RA will be 4 hours on sat. I was told sunday will be corvette day.

extramundane
12-03-10, 04:53 PM
With 3 classes, they might actually crack double-digit car counts at every event this year.

NismoZ
12-04-10, 11:53 AM
I know, I know, there were all of 9 cars this this past season at Autobahn, but man I enjoyed the sights and sound! That RX-7 Mazda was a SCREAMER! Gotta have Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers to make it feel like a real Trans Am, though.

pchall
12-16-10, 09:57 AM
I know, I know, there were all of 9 cars this this past season at Autobahn, but man I enjoyed the sights and sound! That RX-7 Mazda was a SCREAMER! Gotta have Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers to make it feel like a real Trans Am, though.

Yup. Pony cars are a must.

stroker
12-16-10, 10:13 AM
The new edition of Hot Rod arrived in the mail. There's an article in it about a racing photographer and in the article there's a photo from Riverside circa '67 or '68. THAT was Trans-Am....