PDA

View Full Version : Helio Gets Shell Digs and other eggciting InDycAr News...

racer2c
12-03-10, 03:17 PM
Shell / Penzoil to sponsor the dancer for Indy and Sarah is retiring from driving to have babies. Giving Ed C the keys. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-03-10, 03:22 PM
Nice livery.

Penkse's worst driver gets the primo sloppy seconds sponsorship from his NASCAR program.

I'm eggzited about the season.

opinionated ow
12-03-10, 08:07 PM
should have put that on the two aussie's cars...shell exists in australia. verizon doesnt

datachicane
12-03-10, 10:42 PM
Is Helio still racing? I thought he put in some nice drives back in the day in his Hogan/Lola. Good for him. Gotta admit I had no idea who his teammates were 'til I googled it. I liked Power, too. Maybe someday he'll race in a series I can stomach again, but that day ain't today.

Methanolandbrats
12-03-10, 11:13 PM
Is Helio still racing? .

No, he rides around in circles, but it's not racing. His gig is to sob and climb chainlink like an ass raped monkey. He does a greasy, retarded Fred Astaire impression too.

stroker
12-04-10, 10:07 AM
I liked the old Bryan Herta Shell livery better.

Napoleon
12-04-10, 10:40 AM
I liked the old Bryan Herta Shell livery better.

Or Kenny Brack or Jimmy Vasser.

I have the Brack die cast and the Shell station 5 doors down from my house let me take the Jimmy Vasser Shell car sign that hung on one of their sign polls when they were taking it down after the Cleveland Grand Prix had run.

Methanolandbrats
12-04-10, 10:48 AM
Yellow Lola was a beautiful car.

NismoZ
12-04-10, 11:43 AM
Yeah, Brack's. I took (stole?) one of those giant Shell banners off the chain link fence behind the hairpin grandstands at Denver a few years ago as we were headed back to the parking lot after the race. Seemed like everyone was doing it, so...? Ruined my nail clipper! I learned not to leave my garage door open too late at night...it's gone. Karma? I didn't know there was another ChampCar fan within 20 miles of my house, but I've routinely looked into open garages ever since as I drive around town.:D

Duroc
12-04-10, 04:48 PM
I had forgotten about this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3r6-ELiSy0)

:thumbup:

cameraman
12-04-10, 11:13 PM
Now that kind of oval race I could watch. Too bad the IRL is completely unable to do anything like it.

High Sided
12-04-10, 11:59 PM

patski
12-05-10, 12:39 PM
Those were the days!!

Don Quixote
12-05-10, 12:55 PM
A bunch of greedy, self serving and incompetent a-holes took that away from us, but I guess we have been over that before. :mad:

pchall
12-05-10, 01:17 PM
Is Helio still racing? I thought he put in some nice drives back in the day in his Hogan/Lola. Good for him. Gotta admit I had no idea who his teammates were 'til I googled it. I liked Power, too. Maybe someday he'll race in a series I can stomach again, but that day ain't today.

As I remember it, Hogan was a one car effort and Hogan paid for it mostly out his own pocket.

SteveH
12-05-10, 02:06 PM
As I remember it, Hogan was a one car effort and Hogan paid for it mostly out his own pocket.

In the sense that Hogan Trucking (http://www.hogan1.com/)was the sponsor, yes. It's actually a rather large company. Large enough to find value in sponsoring a team in CART, I don't know.

pchall
12-05-10, 06:01 PM
In the sense that Hogan Trucking (http://www.hogan1.com/)was the sponsor, yes. It's actually a rather large company. Large enough to find value in sponsoring a team in CART, I don't know.

Apparently not. Hogan Trucking disappeared as a "sponsor" when old Carl died.

racer2c
12-05-10, 08:47 PM
No one sad Sarah is retiring? :confused:

Methanolandbrats
12-05-10, 09:13 PM
No one sad Sarah is retiring? :confused:

Ya know, I actually kinda am. She was a hard working grass rootser that fought a hell of an uphill battle. Always liked her.

stroker
12-05-10, 09:58 PM
Ya know, I actually kinda am. She was a hard working grass rootser that fought a hell of an uphill battle. Always liked her.

She took a lot more crap than she deserved, IMHO.

Gnam
12-06-10, 01:38 AM

WOW. speedway wings! :thumbup::thumbup:

Napoleon
12-06-10, 07:16 AM

I would agree with this.

racer2c
12-06-10, 09:14 AM
Evidently Sarah is still going to try to field a car as an owner. Not sure if she'll be an Indy only entry. It's nice to have underdogs to root for. Especially when they beat Danika.

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 09:47 AM
I would agree with this.Me too. I would have liked to have seen her in lights or atlantics back when it meant something. Unfortunately the idiot had to use her as a gimmick.

swift
12-06-10, 02:38 PM
Me too. I would have liked to have seen her in lights or atlantics back when it meant something. Unfortunately the idiot had to use her as a gimmick.

IIRC Derrick Walker wanted to run her in some Atlantics races around her IRL schedule. Did :tony: actively prevent this? Just wonderin' after the fact. :\

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 04:20 PM
IIRC Derrick Walker wanted to run her in some Atlantics races around her IRL schedule. Did :tony: actively prevent this? Just wonderin' after the fact. :\As I recall, she didn't want to do it. But common sense would indicate that :tony: told her if she races with the enemy, no more :tony: dollars.

Steve99
12-10-10, 07:00 PM
As I recall, she didn't want to do it.
She came from USAC and wasn't interested in going road-racing.

grungex
12-14-10, 12:27 AM
Probably because she had no idea what a brake pedal was for.