PDA

View Full Version : Hertamania!

turn1
06-13-03, 05:14 PM
It is great to see Herta back in the series again!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pchall
06-13-03, 07:41 PM
Anybody have a clue why he's not showing a time on the Qualifying 1 grid?

chop456
06-13-03, 07:59 PM
Check P11 again.

pchall
06-13-03, 09:00 PM
Doh.

Nice to see Herta taking that Lola where no PK Racing car has gone before -- toward the front of the grid.

“The ’98 Reynard notes aren’t doing us much good,” Herta quipped. “I’ve heard people say that I could win races here driving a rental car, but that’s clearly not true. The feeling of just being happy to be back goes away in about five laps.”

Hertamania (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6209)

Railbird
06-13-03, 09:17 PM
“Having Mauricio Gugelmin here is good,” he added. “He’s smart and experienced, he has a good sense of humor and he’s very articulate when he talks about these cars. He brings a lot to the package because he can stand trackside and compare how our car is reacting with some of the others. It’s good to have an experienced set of eyes watching from outside the car.”

Kind of interesting to hear that in this day and age of telematry someone would still depend on the perceptions of an experienced eye to help guide them.

Not suprising to a caveman like myself, but I bet the young engineer types take a different view.

RichK
06-13-03, 10:11 PM
I think Steve Cameron used to talk about current Champcar teams having a guy watching the cars exiting the corner & the usefulness of standing so that the car is headed away from you while it's in the exit of the corner.

I wish I could remember where I read that, but then I've just had a giant Margarita. :cool:

RaceGrrl
06-14-03, 02:18 PM
Continuing a topic from chat, what will be Herta's starting grid position, and where will he finish?

My picks: 6th and 4th

pchall
06-14-03, 02:20 PM
Herta's last flying laps got him up to 7th on the timing sheet.