PDA

View Full Version : Left Over Turkey Recipes

Methanolandbrats
11-26-10, 09:21 AM
What ya gonna make after ya "bone" the bird :D I'm going with the usual.

Some leftover sliced white meat for sammiches, some left over white meat bits for turkey fettucini alfredo.

Then boil the carcass for soup stock. All the dark meat bits combine well with wild rice, carrots and celery for a tasty soup. :)

chop456
11-26-10, 09:37 AM
Combine stuffing and chopped up turkey. Roll into balls. Dip in egg wash, Panko, then deep fry. Dip in cranberry sauce.

America - **** yeah! :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-26-10, 09:41 AM
Combine stuffing and chopped up turkey. Roll into balls. Dip in egg wash, Panko, then deep fry. Dip in cranberry sauce.

America - **** yeah! :thumbup:

Damn, turkey hush puppies, sounds good. :)

oddlycalm
11-29-10, 03:04 AM
Too lazy to do anything beyond sammiches. That's ok because T sammiches on wholewheat sourdough is about as good as it gets. Open face with gravy or closed with cranberry sauce and Cashel blue cheese. :thumbup:

oc

opinionated ow
11-29-10, 05:08 AM
Just freeze it for Christmas lunch...

cameraman
11-29-10, 05:23 AM
Just freeze it for Christmas lunch...

Gee. You wouldn't be single or anything....

opinionated ow
11-29-10, 07:36 AM
Gee. You wouldn't be single or anything....

Don't know about the states, but turkey costs like 3 times the price of chicken here. Mind you, we only eat it at Christmas over here anyway...

Napoleon
11-29-10, 08:18 AM
Don't know about the states, but turkey costs like 3 times the price of chicken here. Mind you, we only eat it at Christmas over here anyway...

What about the price of Kangaroo?

opinionated ow
11-29-10, 08:40 AM
What about the price of Kangaroo?

You won't find that one in supermarkets. I'm told it's quite tough and gamy. Coles are selling both turkey and 'roo for about the 19.80AUD/kg mark. Which is about 19.80USD/kg come to think of it.

Andrew Longman
11-29-10, 11:51 AM
Too lazy to do anything beyond sammichesAbout the same here. Smoked one bird and did another in the oven. Plus a ham. Lot's of folks over but plenty of leftovers too.

For me, I make a homemade wheat, oatmeal, corn bread that toasted is to die for IMO. Hearty from the wheat. Chewy but soft from the oatmeal. Crisps up nice from the corn. Turkey sammiches on it with cranberry sauce, mayo, black pepper and sprouts (in front of a football game) are a long time tradition in my house. Side of mashed yams and stuffing. :D

Gotta go. Hungry.

Gnam
11-29-10, 01:40 PM
Mix up diced turkey, sour cream, salsa, & chopped onions; Place on a flour tortilla; Roll it up and place in pan; Repeat until turkey or tortillas are gone; Cover in enchilada sauce, cheese, and olives. 350°F for 30 min.

Corner5
11-29-10, 02:03 PM
http://extremecraft.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfe8453ef0105362a3f68970c-800wi

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-AN763_BONES1_DV_20081125164925.jpg

Don Quixote
12-04-10, 07:16 PM

America - **** yeah! :thumbup:OK, I did this. Excellent! :thumbup: Did you think of this yourself, or read about it in some white trash cookbook?

Gangrel
12-05-10, 10:21 AM

Gangrel
12-05-10, 10:23 AM
You won't find that one in supermarkets. I'm told it's quite tough and gamy. Coles are selling both turkey and 'roo for about the 19.80AUD/kg mark. Which is about 19.80USD/kg come to think of it.

Silly furriners! We 'Muricans weight things in lbs, not kgs!

:gomer:

chop456
12-06-10, 03:19 AM
OK, I did this. Excellent! :thumbup: Did you think of this yourself, or read about it in some white trash cookbook?

Stolen from the Comet Cafe (http://www.thecometcafe.com/) in Milwaukee and modified by me.

I've ripped off two things from their sister restaurant, too. The Davenport is ridiculous. Like a Hot Brown, but way better.

Pork Fries
A giant pile of hand-cut fries topped with BBQ pork, house-pickled Jalapenos and homemade Gruyere cheese sauce plus some bacon for good measure.

The Davenport
A mound of slow-roasted Turkey, mustard-laced cranberry sauce, horseradish mashed potatoes, thick slices of tomato, onions and bacon and covered with Gruyere cheese sauce, served atop Rye toast.