PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends...

WickerBill
11-25-10, 09:18 AM
...and to everyone else, happy Thursday!

racer2c
11-25-10, 09:44 AM
Gobble gobble! Mom is hosting this year so it's feet up in front of the football games until the "March of the Bird" for me. :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have a million things to be thankful for and Off Camber is one of them!

Cheers!

KLang
11-25-10, 10:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm not cooking for a change, we are in San Antonio for the lighting of the Riverwalk tomorrow night.

Buffet at the motel this afternoon. I'm sure it will be grand. :saywhat:

dando
11-25-10, 10:30 AM
Bird is brining away. :thumbup:

Happy turkey day!

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
11-25-10, 10:57 AM
Happy Bird Scorching Day to All. :)

oddlycalm
11-25-10, 04:49 PM
The kids are responsible for the food so it's spectating and relaxation for me.

The hummingbirds on my window feeder are thankful the arctic temperatures have lifted and are putting on a great show at the moment. Like crapwagons in a gymnasium....? :gomer:

oc

nrc
11-25-10, 10:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Among the many things we have to be thankful for today are that we still have such fine friends here on OC who still come and visit even though we allow no fun and the series that brought us all together is long gone.

Thank you all.

cameraman
11-25-10, 11:16 PM
It is amazing how quickly you can cool off a batch of apple pie filling by sticking the pot in a 15°F snowbank.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Methanolandbrats
11-26-10, 12:10 AM
It is amazing how quickly you can cool off a batch of apple pie filling by sticking the pot in a 15°F snowbank.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I hate you. ;) I have a friend who lives north of SLC and he has no bugs, no humidity, a beautiful view of the mountains and dozens of feet of beautiful snow in the winter. I'm guessing your setup is the same. I've got 15 degrees now, but no snow :( I should move.

G.
11-26-10, 02:15 AM
Hope it was a good one!

Scaled back this year, not as many people. Relaxing.

Indy
11-26-10, 02:56 PM
Gobble gobble. I love Thanksgiving leftovers.

TravelGal
11-26-10, 06:19 PM
Happy Day After to everyone. Had the most spectacular turkey ever yesterday. 23 pounds of tender, delicious meat. I cut off the the wings and drumsticks with a paring knife (sounds like the farmer's wife) it was all so tender. Absolutely cannot beat a fresh gobbler from Foster Farms (no preservatives in the feed or the meat).

Anyone else have any favorite brands? Or have we covered that in previous years? And what do you do with the leftovers? Recipes, gentlemen, recipes. Edit: I just saw the recipe thread!

Last, boss, what do you mean you don't allow any fun? This is the best group of people on the net and quite hilarious (crapwagons in a gymnasium? LOL LOL), along with insightful, caring, intelligent, etc. As r2c said, OC is on the list of things I'm thankful for every year.

stroker
11-26-10, 07:41 PM
And what do you do with the leftovers?

Dunno 'bout everybody else, but one of my departed (and much missed) Dad's favorite holiday pastimes was making soup out of the leftover turkey carcass. He'd boil the bejeesus out of it to make stock then add the meat scraps off the bones and whatever trimmings were left (veggies, stuffing, etc.). I just spent the better part of the day doing the same thing. Dunno how it's going turn out, but we'll see. That's half the fun. Usually his was pretty frikkin' tasty.

:)

TKGAngel
11-26-10, 08:57 PM
Anyone else have any favorite brands?

It's not a full turkey, but Wegmans sells a delicious honey-brined turkey breast. While it is pricey ($4.50/lb), it's quite good. I'm pretty sure that's what my grandmother used this year as her "spare" turkey for us masses.

Ankf00
11-26-10, 10:42 PM
cajun fried turkey, boudin stuffed smoked pork tenderloin topped w/ crawfish etouffe, 2 prime rib roasts, sausage & duck gumbo, oyster dressing, twice baked jalapeno cornbread stuffing, sausage & duck stuffing, boudin balls, scalloped tatoes, mashed tatoes, sweet tatoe fries w/ paprika, cajun fried onions, cajun fried onions on green bean casserole, buncha other tatoes and whatnot that i cant remember, and pies from Royer's Round Top Cafe.

A&M tailgate >> A&M game

Methanolandbrats
11-26-10, 10:49 PM
cajun fried turkey, boudin stuffed smoked pork tenderloin topped w/ crawfish etouffe, 2 prime rib roasts, sausage & duck gumbo, oyster dressing, twice baked jalapeno cornbread stuffing, sausage & duck stuffing, boudin balls, scalloped tatoes, mashed tatoes, sweet tatoe fries w/ paprika, cajun fried onions, cajun fried onions on green bean casserole, buncha other tatoes and whatnot that i cant remember, and pies from Royer's Round Top Cafe.

A&M tailgate >> A&M game

cajun fried seems to be the key to the whole deal :laugh: Nobody knew how to fry a pie?

Ankf00
11-26-10, 10:57 PM
the pies were pecan, not pumpkin, 100% texican :p