PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Vettel is World Champion!!!

opinionated ow
11-14-10, 10:49 AM
What an awesome drive, great strategy and keeping his head down at the right times. 10 poles, 5 wins and a championship claimed on the back of a flawless drive. It just doesn't get any better than that!:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-14-10, 10:51 AM
Fred looks bummed :D

opinionated ow
11-14-10, 10:53 AM
I think Webber had a page of excuses ready...

Indy
11-14-10, 10:57 AM
Someone tell him to stop blubbering.

Badger
11-14-10, 11:34 AM
A well deserved championship for both the driver and team. Good to see a team that allows its drivers to race each other get the crown.

OW
11-14-10, 11:36 AM
Sincere - Sweet -

Opposite Lock
11-14-10, 11:40 AM
Nice spoiler thread title. :shakehead

Pilgrims Drop
11-14-10, 11:47 AM
A well deserved champion in one of the most exciting seasons i've seen of late... and A(c)lo(w)nsos gestures to Petrov just increased my dislike for him...

Wonder what happened to Webber though... clearly affected by preassure but he was strangely slow in the third sector... wonder if he had any transmissions issues after touching the wall at turn 19

stroker
11-14-10, 12:24 PM

Yeah...

:D

TrueBrit
11-14-10, 12:47 PM

x2:laugh:

Indy
11-14-10, 12:59 PM
Nice spoiler thread title. :shakehead

Perhaps you should consider not visiting racing websites when you are trying to avoid racing news. :laugh:

pchall
11-14-10, 01:06 PM
Perhaps you should consider not visiting racing websites when you are trying to avoid racing news. :laugh:

You have no idea how many times I have put a similar comment in a thread over the last 15+ years. I finally gave up when I figured out that some fans are just too goofy about their internet to remember that simple idea. As for me, I've never found that "spoilers" interfere with my enjoyment of a race broadcast or watching of a recording.

Good for Vettel. Only 23 years old and already takes a WDC home. Germany will have a beer shortage tomorrow morning.

grungex
11-14-10, 01:53 PM

"Alonso is faster than you." Not.

Karma, baby... :rofl:

Insomniac
11-14-10, 01:53 PM
Congratulations to Vettel! I was hoping for a Hamilton or Alonso championship, but after watching this race, the person who deserved it the most got it.

What can you say for Alonso and Webber? How could Alonso follow behind Petrov for over half the race. He should've been by or there should've been carbon fiber everywhere. It's crazy they were hoping cars would drop out ahead and he would luck into 4th place. Same goes for Webber and Hamilton following behind Kubica. None of them showed anything on track when it mattered the most.

Crappy track, aero, whatever, you have to make those passes.

NismoZ
11-14-10, 02:08 PM
Geez, you sound like the guy in the pits. "Watch, your tires, conserve fuel, go easy on the gears, stay off the curbs...oh, and pass that guy in front or you have no ride next year!":D

Mary
11-14-10, 02:11 PM
Congratulations to Vettel! Well done and well deserved!

I am double glad that both Ferrari and Alonso LOST! Yippee! :rofl: Truly a fantastic day.

Mary

Indy
11-14-10, 03:05 PM
Crappy track, aero, whatever, you have to make those passes.

I could see why Hamilton did not make a pass -- he could not even catch Vettel. But Alonso surprised me. I would have thought he would make the pass or wreck trying.

Insomniac
11-14-10, 03:37 PM
Geez, you sound like the guy in the pits. "Watch, your tires, conserve fuel, go easy on the gears, stay off the curbs...oh, and pass that guy in front or you have no ride next year!":D

Me? If so, I don't see the connection. I'm saying they needed to go for it over playing it conservative. They were following the 2nd tier teams around the track.

Insomniac
11-14-10, 03:39 PM
I could see why Hamilton did not make a pass -- he could not even catch Vettel. But Alonso surprised me. I would have thought he would make the pass or wreck trying.

It was just weird to see him go conservative. Maybe it was more about the constructor standings. Hope for some grenading engines to get past Ferrari?

stroker
11-14-10, 03:47 PM
Me? If so, I don't see the connection. I'm saying they needed to go for it over playing it conservative. They were following the 2nd tier teams around the track.

I think he might have been teasing you just a bit.

Opposite Lock
11-14-10, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the tip there :gomer:. I had already watched the race before I checked into OC, so it's actually kinda meh to me. I only mentioned it because I thought it was considered good OC form to at least bury the spoiler result inside a thread rather than naming the thread with the result, so that visitors at least have the choice of reading or avoiding that thread. Especially in the case of an early morning broadcast, where people might be watching it delayed on dvr. But if you think it's ok to name a thread with the result, well, have at it. :\

Insomniac
11-14-10, 07:02 PM
I think he might have been teasing you just a bit.

Went right over my head.

cameraman
11-14-10, 07:26 PM
A couple of tweets that tell you the difference between red Bull and McLaren.

Everyone's taking a turn at over-revving the engine in the garage (killing it with power) It sounds like war and makes my head hurt.

Some teams might save a championship-winning engine for the museum – but we like to see pistons embedded in the garage wall…:eek:

G.
11-14-10, 10:07 PM
I only mentioned it because I thought it was considered good OC form to at least bury the spoiler result inside a thread rather than naming the thread with the result, so that visitors at least have the choice of reading or avoiding that thread.
Yeah, I was kinda banking on that.:(

Not a big deal, but...

Gnam
11-15-10, 02:33 AM
Vettelmania! :D:thumbup:

Finally an F1 champion that isn't a dirty cheating chopping pointy chin bastard, or a robot, or groomed since birth, or a traitor, or the luckiest teammate Rubens ever had.

He won with speed. Fantastic.

chop456
11-15-10, 02:38 AM
^ Amen.

Just needed a few more garage shots of Alonso, Domenicali and Luca. :thumbup:

oddlycalm
11-15-10, 04:52 AM
Nice to see the fastest car & driver win the race and the championship.

I'm guessing there's an opening for a strategist at Maranello. Ooooooops :laugh:

oc

pchall
11-15-10, 07:35 AM
Nice to see the fastest car & driver win the race and the championship.

I'm guessing there's an opening for a strategist at Maranello. Ooooooops :laugh:

oc

I thought that Ferrari strategy was handled by race control...

emjaya
11-15-10, 07:46 AM
Vettelmania! :D:thumbup:

Finally an F1 champion that isn't a dirty cheating chopping pointy chin bastard, or a robot, or groomed since birth, or a traitor, or the luckiest teammate Rubens ever had.

He won with speed. Fantastic.

Meh, he will be a dirty cheating chopping pointy chin bastard, just give him a few years.

Vettel has certainly made the most out of having the best car on the grid. Webber, not so much.

I could not understand Webber and the media calling for Vettel to give way. It's not like Vettel was ever that far behind in points that he was out of contention. Only the team seem to think he could win it.

Even the bookies had him at $4.75 to Alonso's $1.75 just before the start. :gomer:

Indy
11-15-10, 10:03 AM
I thought that Ferrari strategy was handled by race control...

Until a couple of years ago it was handled by Max and a group of Nazi hookers, but this new crowd isn't quite so competent. Must have been the discipline that kept them sharp. :laugh: