PDA

View Full Version : Pollock Involved in CART/F1 Deal?

JoeBob
06-13-03, 12:29 PM
Interesting tidbit here: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns11331.html

Rumours of F1-CART talks continue with the latest suggestion being that there could be a merger between CART and F1 in order to create a two-tier system of events. This would give F1 access to several premium events in North America and would allow CART to expand into Europe. If the rules and regulations are carefully organised it would also allow for Max Molsey's idea of promotion and relegation between two championships and give US teams the chance to break into F1. In order for this to be achieved however Formula 1 costs need to be reduced considerably to bring them into line with the level of spending in the United States.

Pollock has missed the last two CART events, preferring to attend Grands Prix, looking after Jacques Villeneuve and "maybe doing other things".

Railbird
06-13-03, 01:37 PM
I was told quite while back that Pollock could be the front man for Forsythe and Kalkhovan when they take it private. Throw Bernie in for the political influence needed and the next thing you know it all comes together.

CART as we have known it is dead one way or the other, but this scenerio at least keeps a viable openwheel road racing series based in America.

But then again I'm just some shmuck who still pays for his own tickets so what do I know.