11-05-10, 11:14 AM
snagged from the BBC;

FIVE-WAY TITLE BATTLE EXPLAINED
1 ALONSO 231pts
2 WEBBER 220pts
3 HAMILTON 210pts
4 VETTEL 206pts
5 BUTTON 189pts
If Alonso wins in Brazil, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than fourth
If Alonso is second, he will be champion unless Webber is higher than eighth, Hamilton higher than fourth or Vettel wins
If Alonso is third, he will be champion unless Webber finishes in the top 10, Hamilton in the top four and Vettel in the top three
If Alonso does not finish on the podium, it will go to Abu Dhabi
Button can only stay in contention if he finishes first or second but is out if Alonso finishes in the top six or if Webber is in the top two
Vettel must beat Alonso on track to stay in contention

Gnam
11-05-10, 12:55 PM
I wanna see how many engines make it to the end.

If Red Bull figures none of Vettel's engines can go the distance, what's to stop them from using his car as an Alonso seeking cruise missile?

Methanolandbrats
11-05-10, 12:58 PM
Yup, use the Senna Technique.

Cam
11-05-10, 08:35 PM
I wanna see how many engines make it to the end.

If Red Bull figures none of Vettel's engines can go the distance, what's to stop them from using his car as an Alonso seeking cruise missile?

Like :thumbup:

Cam
11-05-10, 08:37 PM
Yup, use the Senna Technique.

Major difference. BOTH were in the hunt.

Indy
11-05-10, 09:40 PM

No one in Formula 1 would ever do something so underhanded. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cameraman
11-05-10, 09:42 PM
3":eek: of rain between tonight and quals tomorrow.
It is thought that P3 will require scuba gear.

Dvdb
11-05-10, 09:55 PM
It gets better

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05112010/58/massa-threatened-jail-team-orders.html

Methanolandbrats
11-05-10, 10:09 PM
It gets better

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05112010/58/massa-threatened-jail-team-orders.html

Holy ****, every country has idiot lawyers. Is this douchenozzle related to Gloria Allred?

Methanolandbrats
11-05-10, 10:18 PM
Major difference. BOTH were in the hunt.

That's true. And I don't think Vettel would do it. Senna on the other hand was a prick and did do it.

cameraman
11-05-10, 10:21 PM
Oh my.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg233/scaled.php?tn=0&server=233&filename=gkkj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Methanolandbrats
11-05-10, 10:26 PM
This track is hilly and will drain (I hope). Sharp contrast to Bernie's swamp in Korea or his monsoon special in Malaysia.

Indy
11-06-10, 08:28 AM
Of course the rules against team orders is ridiculous. And nationalistic fans like the Brazilians are, quite simply, twats. But Ferrari are still douchenozzles, no doubt about it.
:laugh:

BarillaGirl
11-06-10, 02:44 PM
Gosh, that was an unexpected and beautiful 1-2-3 after Quals. Where was the Hulkster hiding the rocket fuel? :eek::eek:

I kept hoping Alonso's engine would let loose in Q2. The Speed boys said something about a rule that would prevent him from putting on a new engine before the last race, but I wasn't sure whether they meant it in the sense of "brand new" engine or "leftover" engine.

Oh well, still plenty of time for someone with nothing to lose to put some sugar in his gas tank. ;)

Trevor Longman
11-06-10, 02:49 PM
HULKENBURG ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Where do you just find an extra second?! That qualifying session was better than any F1 race I've seen this year

pchall
11-06-10, 03:03 PM
HULKENBURG ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Where do you just find an extra second?! That qualifying session was better than any F1 race I've seen this year

I'm surprised by the lessthanincredibeHulkenburg, too. If he can keep this car on the track and up front this plays into the hands of Fred, who could probably back into the championship with a couple top 5 finishes.

cameraman
11-06-10, 09:04 PM
An armed gang tried to rob/kidnap? Jenson Button:saywhat:

On Saturday evening on the way back from the Interlagos circuit to Morumbi (Sao Paulo), armed would-be assailants made an attempt to approach the car that was carrying Jenson Button. Neither Jenson nor the other occupants of the car were hurt. The other occupants were John Button (Jenson's father), Mike Collier (Jenson's physio) and Richard Goddard (Jenson's manager). Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had provided both Jenson and team-mate Lewis Hamilton with reinforced armoured vehicles driven by police drivers, who had been trained in avoidance techniques and were armed. The police driver of Jenson's vehicle reacted swiftly and, using avoidance techniques, rapidly forced his way through the traffic, taking Jenson and the other occupants of the car immediately away from any danger and back to their hotel. The Sao Paulo authorities have also acted efficiently and will be providing additional security to transfer Jenson and other senior Vodafone McLaren Mercedes personnel to the Interlagos circuit for Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

indyfan31
11-06-10, 09:36 PM

I iust read that. What did McLaren do to piss off the Brazilians? The team must have suspected something or they wouldn't have provided Button and his staff with an armoured vehicle and a professional driver.

NismoZ
11-06-10, 09:49 PM
I can recall when Castro kidnapped Fangio. Seriously. Just a political thing.:shakehead Glad that one worked out.

dando
11-06-10, 09:53 PM

Yeah, and the Olympics are going to work out in Brazil. :laugh: :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

NismoZ
11-06-10, 09:54 PM
Oh, and ditto...best quallies ever. Uh, is that a COSWORTH on pole?:cool:

cameraman
11-06-10, 10:28 PM
First one since 1999.

devilmaster
11-06-10, 11:42 PM
I iust read that. What did McLaren do to piss off the Brazilians? The team must have suspected something or they wouldn't have provided Button and his staff with an armoured vehicle and a professional driver.

Prob just standard protection for where they are.... didn't all the champcar team rigs and series rigs convoy together anytime they went south?

pchall
11-07-10, 07:47 AM
Prob just standard protection for where they are.... didn't all the champcar team rigs and series rigs convoy together anytime they went south?

They did assemble and convoy to Mexico City, but I think that was more a matter of import/export regulations at the Mexican, especially the fuel and motor oils. For Brazil everything was containerized in Indy and sent down on a FedEx 747C. I never thought to ask how the VP racing fuel got down there, though -- probably by container ship.

NismoZ
11-07-10, 11:49 AM
Bernie says nuthin' to worry about, the machine guns the guys approached his car with weren't even pointed at him! The Brit should have been driving a Carolla.

NismoZ
11-07-10, 11:54 AM
And, fantastic to hear Emmo say "fantastic" again, wasn't it? Speaking of fantastic...by the sound of that JPS Lotus and the looks of what was hanging on his arm the old boy can still bring it! (please tell me that wasn't his daughter.)

SteveH
11-07-10, 12:02 PM
for sure

BarillaGirl
11-07-10, 07:44 PM
Bernie says nuthin' to worry about, the machine guns the guys approached his car with weren't even pointed at him! The Brit should have been driving a Carolla.

Loved how Bernie told Will Buxton that it was all rumors and someone was "probably trying to sell him a hat or something." I almost fell off the couch laughing when Bob Varsha immediately commented, "Yeah, you really have to watch out for those Brazilian street vendors" :rofl: and proceeded to tell a tale of six assailants armed with machine guns. :eek::eek:

SteveH
11-07-10, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I LOLed. Best part about it BE seemed pissed at the time.

Rogue Leader
11-08-10, 01:38 PM
Bernie calls Jenson a *****:

http://www.racer.com/ecclestone-has-little-sympathy-for-button/article/190399/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

:rofl:

Hard Driver
11-08-10, 01:50 PM
Bernie calls Jenson a *****:

http://www.racer.com/ecclestone-has-little-sympathy-for-button/article/190399/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

Bernie is an idiot... I mean, just a fricking idiot.

racer2c
11-08-10, 02:25 PM
"They look for victims, they look for anyone who looks like a soft touch and not too bright," he said. "People who look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at. I think for the race weekend they probably watch TV and see who's not qualified in the top 10 and think, ‘Well, they must be a bit stupid, otherwise they would qualify in the top 10.'"

Ecclestone then asked his interviewer where Button's McLaren had qualified. Told it was 11th, he replied: "There you are, you see? I rest my case."

G.
11-08-10, 02:35 PM
I now have respect for the wee man.

Funny Stuff!

:laugh::rofl::laugh:

Don Quixote
11-08-10, 02:44 PM
And, fantastic to hear Emmo say "fantastic" again, wasn't it? Speaking of fantastic...by the sound of that JPS Lotus and the looks of what was hanging on his arm the old boy can still bring it! (please tell me that wasn't his daughter.) :laugh: My wife asked me right away if that was his wife or daughter. I still have no idea.

NismoZ
11-08-10, 02:49 PM
Well, it wasn't the wife I remember with the big ol' hangie down dolphin earrings, but that was a loooong time ago.

BarillaGirl
11-08-10, 03:00 PM
:laugh: My wife asked me right away if that was his wife or daughter. I still have no idea.

I suggested it was his daughter, and my husband replied, "Not the way she's hanging on his arm she's not."

I wasn't watching that closely, but it was pretty hot and she was very pregnant.

oddlycalm
11-08-10, 03:21 PM
it was pretty hot and she was very pregnant.
Are you suggesting that the Ecclestones still function....? :laugh:

oc

BarillaGirl
11-08-10, 07:27 PM
Are you suggesting that the Ecclestones still function....? :laugh:

oc

You naughty boy, I was merely suggesting that a pregnant woman in that heat might need to lean on someone.

Not that she wasn't hot..... :eek: oh, never mind. :shakehead

racer2c
11-08-10, 10:44 PM
Hmmm. I didn't get a good look at the woman in questions face...my eyes gravitated from Emmo's sideburns to her obvious condition. I have a pretty vivid recollection of what Emmo's daughter looked like in '94 when Emmo was being interviewed in the CART paddock with his daughter (who looked about 10-12years old). It was a light hearted piece until the interviewer brought up the recent death of Senna. The change of tone of Emersons voice and the look on his daughters face stayed with me all these years. :(
I have that on an old VHS tape in a box somewhere. :\

Gnam
11-09-10, 07:57 PM
:laugh: My wife asked me right away if that was his wife or daughter. I still have no idea.

Wife: Rossana Fittipaldi
Due date: Dec 18, 2010

They also have a 3 yr old son named Emerson.

http://www.caras.com.br/edicoes/887/textos/conquistas-de-emerson-fittipaldi/

They were photographed at the Bahrain GP back in March.
You'd think Emmo would buy her a new shirt. ;)

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/popup.asp?N=18&I=f1/2010/bah/f1-2010-bah-xp-1795.jpg&FS=F1&SN=1_74.85.24.242:63965&S=F1

SteveH
11-09-10, 08:07 PM
Didn't Max Papis 'date' Emmo's daughter?

Dvdb
11-09-10, 11:20 PM
Max is married to Emmos daughter, Tatis.

cameraman
11-09-10, 11:56 PM
Emmo's third wife Rossana is about the same age as his second daughter Tatiana and definitely younger than his first daughter Juliana. He keeps busy.

stroker
11-10-10, 12:11 AM
So what happened to the incredibly annoying woman who was with him when he won the 500?

Methanolandbrats
11-10-10, 12:19 AM
So what happened to the incredibly annoying woman who was with him when he won the 500?

If ya gots enough cash, you can trade em in when they start to stink. :D

cameraman
11-10-10, 12:25 AM

That was the second wife. Traded in for the current model.

grungex
11-10-10, 10:37 PM
They were photographed at the Bahrain GP back in March.
You'd think Emmo would buy her a new shirt. ;)

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/popup.asp?N=18&I=f1/2010/bah/f1-2010-bah-xp-1795.jpg&FS=F1&SN=1_74.85.24.242:63965&S=F1

Is that Steven Tyler?

JohnHKart
11-11-10, 12:47 AM

Yes, I remember Teresa, back in the days when they would show the wives, instead of the important things, (like the cars on the track). Oh, thank god tv wise those days are long long gone. They even used to show the cry baby wives chewing their finger tips in the nascar pits too.

Methanolandbrats
11-11-10, 01:09 AM
Yes, I remember Teresa, back in the days when they would show the wives, instead of the important things, (like the cars on the track). Oh, thank god tv wise those days are long long gone. They even used to show the cry baby wives chewing their finger tips in the nascar pits too.

Sandy's hats :thumbup:

Cam
11-12-10, 10:10 PM
Sandy's hats :thumbup:

My eyeballs are still bleeding from those images. :yuck:

NismoZ
11-13-10, 01:07 PM
Ashley's nips in the rain @ Indy;)? Camel Toad F-1 grid girls? The Tecate Babes? C'mon, it wasn't ALL bad.

pchall
11-13-10, 02:29 PM

His first wife, Teresa Fittipaldi, the one who was in the insane hat and earrings last lap drama queen tv time competitions with Sandy Andretti.