PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Happy meal toys

G.
11-05-10, 01:33 AM
The g's don't get McD's too often, but this week they got Megamind trinkets.

They got a frickin' laser beam. No joke. Not sure if this flash-happy link will work, but it's a frickin LASER beam! (http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/standalone.html?s=Intro&swfH=450&bs=Toys&bgc=%23000000&swfW=772&swf=/en_US/swf3/sections/toys/intro/intro.swf&ID=#Intro) (the one on the far right)

Uh, that ain't safe, is it? As soon as my idiot kids pick up any light, the first thing they do is shine it in their eyes. The second is shine it in each others eyes.

The beam does spin to create a pattern of sorts, so it's not a single dot, but it's damn bright.

I am 90% sure it's a true laser, and not just a bright red un-lased LED.

Is there a milliwatt rating that's even remotely safe for kids????

Is there an easy way to show that it's a laser?

(if you shine it on your skin, you get the very high-contrast effect, same as with pointers)

chop456
11-05-10, 02:10 AM
Smash it and see what's inside.

Indy
11-05-10, 02:29 AM
Somewhere there is a Chinese Dr. Evil cackling at the prospect of destroying all those round American eyes. Muhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

emjaya
11-05-10, 07:40 AM
Smash it and see what's inside.

I do that to the toys for the batteries. Lots of very usefull sizes. :)

pchall
11-05-10, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure this will work if the beam(s) have some kind of spinner in front of them, but a true laser will look like a coherent beam of light when shown through a dust cloud.

dando
11-05-10, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure this will work if the beam(s) haave some kind of kaliedescope spinner, but a true laser will look like a coherent beam of light when shown through a dust cloud.

Yup. That was going to be my advice. Perhaps use some flour to create a cloud and shine it through it. I've gotta think it's and LED. If not, I've gots to go get me a new toy. :gomer:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
11-05-10, 05:05 PM
Reminds me of the Irwin Mainway bit Akroyd did on SNL every Halloween. :D A high power hand laser would fit right in. Get them a Bag O' Glass and you're all set G. :thumbup:

http://www.whiterose.org/pete/blog/images/dan.jpg

Gnam
11-05-10, 05:56 PM
^ :laugh:

Joan Face: Alright, Mr. Mainway, if you don't think that was unsafe, how about this Halloween costume, which you market under the label "Invisible Pedestrian"? [ holds up the costume ] It's an all black suit, gloves and mask. Now, it seems to me, Mr. Mainway, a child wearing this costume at night to go trick-or-treating is in grave danger of being hit by a car!

Irwin Mainway: Yeah! I mean, you know, we don't recommend this for blind kids. See, there's a warning right on the label - "Invisible Pedestrian, Not For Blind Kids." [ turns packaging around to show this warning in big bold letters ] Huh?

-------

Joan Face: Alright, Mr. Mainway. But surely even you can see the danger in this next costume, which you call Johnny Combat Action Costume. This is an actual working rifle!

Irwin Mainway: An M-1, yeah.

Joan Face: I mean, this is a deadly weapon, and you're selling it to children!

Irwin Mainway: The ammo's not included. I mean, this is a very popular item, you know? Give the kid a little something extra! Field glasses, a little helmet there, the gun, you know, it makes 'em feel like a real general! I mean, this product is very popular in Texas and Detroit!

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/76/76jconsumerprobe.phtml

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77dconsumerprobe.phtml

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78bspot.phtml

Andrew Longman
11-08-10, 10:05 PM
Young Nick (age 11) went to BK Sunday. Got a happy meal with a stupid stuffed giraffe. Said he wanted it to burn in our hackyard firepit.

He's a sweet kid, if just a bit twisted. Must get it from his dad. I won't talk about his Jack o Lantern but it involved brains and a shovel embedded in the head. Should I be worried?

cameraman
11-08-10, 10:42 PM
My six year old son would have loved getting a stuffed giraffe.

Eleven, huh. Oh my. These glimpses of the future...

racer2c
11-08-10, 10:46 PM
Young Nick (age 11) went to BK Sunday. Got a happy meal with a stupid stuffed giraffe. Said he wanted it to burn in our hackyard firepit.

He's a sweet kid, if just a bit twisted. Must get it from his dad. I won't talk about his Jack o Lantern but it involved brains and a shovel embedded in the head. Should I be worried?

Nah...zombies are the monsters de jour. :cool:

BarillaGirl
11-09-10, 12:46 PM
Nah...zombies are the monsters de jour. :cool:

We were watching the Simpsons' "Treehouse of Horror" episodes off the DVR last night. A zombie story from last year's special was on.

11 year old: fine, laughing. Not getting Hitchcock references from the other stories, but otherwise represents target audience.
7 year old: creeped out but laughing. (my only girl)
6 year old: (warily) "It wasn't too scary because it was short."
4 year old: HOWLING with gleeful laughter at everything.

:saywhat:

BarillaGirl
11-12-10, 10:57 AM
The g's don't get McD's too often, but this week they got Megamind trinkets.

They got a frickin' laser beam. No joke.

No fair! I took the four-year-old to McDonald's yesterday and he got the Metro Man figure. AGAIN. How come everyone else gets the cool lasers? :irked:

dando
11-12-10, 11:11 AM
How come everyone else gets the cool lasers? :irked:

Bh7bYNAHXxw

:gomer:

-Kevin

G.
11-12-10, 03:40 PM
No fair! I took the four-year-old to McDonald's yesterday and he got the Metro Man figure. AGAIN. How come everyone else gets the cool lasers? :irked:

You can trade toys at the counter, if you can wrench it away from the little anklebiter before he rips it open.