10-25-10, 01:37 PM
At the moment:

Alonso - 231 pts
Webber - 220 pts
Hamilton - 210 pts
Vettel - 206 pts

Have Vettel win - 231 pts
Hamilton 2nd - 228 pts
Rosberg 3rd gives him 137 pts which is more than double Schumi's total...
Have Webber 4th - 232 pts
Have Alonso breakdown - 231 pts

Four drivers within four points, winner take all at Abu Dhabi:D

racer2c
10-25-10, 02:12 PM
Make it so. :thumbup:

BarillaGirl
10-25-10, 03:01 PM
What Cameraman said. :thumbup:

NismoZ
10-25-10, 03:06 PM
Except Alonso wins the next two and pisses everybody off!

STD
10-25-10, 03:21 PM
Not everyone. :rofl:

Insomniac
10-25-10, 03:41 PM
We really need a points order combined with a certain qualifying. Be nice to have someone start from row 2 or back and have to win to be champion.

racer2c
10-25-10, 05:31 PM
Alonso made the claim at Silverstone that he would win the championship. Quite an amazing year.

opinionated ow
10-25-10, 06:01 PM
Alonso made the claim at Silverstone that he would win the championship. Quite an amazing year.

He is probably the only driver in F1 who could back up that statement, I think he is that much better than the rest of them

Methanolandbrats
10-25-10, 06:42 PM
Fred will probably win it, his car is fast and his body does not contain the stupid gene. I still feel sorry for Vettel, he probably would have won the title last year if the car did not break so often. This year he kinda screwed himself, but still suffers breakdowns. Webber, who cares. Ron's alter boy will choke.

SteveH
10-25-10, 07:32 PM
Fred will probably win it, his car is fast and his body does not contain the stupid gene.

Yep, if he weren't out of engines.....

Methanolandbrats
10-25-10, 09:06 PM
Yep, if he weren't out of engines.....

Isn't Red Bull out too?

cameraman
10-25-10, 10:24 PM
Vettel sure is.

Methanolandbrats
10-25-10, 10:27 PM
Vettel sure is.

Ya know, that engine rule is so f'n stupid. The pinochle of motorsport and they screw up the end of the year by limiting motors. WTF? The teams spend a couple motors worth of cash on hostility suites, booze and snacks. :mad:

Indy
10-25-10, 10:34 PM
Red Bull will **** it up.

Fred is out of injuns.

Hammie = Champeen.

Bet on it. :gomer:

chop456
10-26-10, 02:01 AM
Keep in mind that if Alonso wins the championship by less than 7 points, they bought it from the FIA for $100,000.

Cam
10-26-10, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind that if Alonso wins the championship by less than 7 points, they bought it from the FIA for $100,000.

Amagione that. Favouritism for FIArarri. :irked:

NismoZ
10-26-10, 09:24 AM
Look at you guys, picking the champ with 2 whole races to go. Try doing it by the end of February. Worked for me last time, looks like it could work this season, also. All you people who ignore the winter testing, rumors and pre-season quotes from those involved are missing a lot. Now, where was that post where I predicted the winner?:)

Andrew Longman
10-26-10, 10:02 AM
The teams spend a couple motors worth of cash on hostility suites, booze and snacks. :mad:Yeah, but that stuff goes back to the people (sponsors) who pay the bills.

Andrew Longman
10-26-10, 10:08 AM
Red Bull will **** it upIf past is prologue.
Fred is out of injuns.Machette was talking this week about being out of engines isn't necessarily really out of engines. Unless it physically blows up, they have usable life left on many of them.
Hammie = Champeen.I wish (for McClaren, not him) but they just don't seem to have the car and Merc just doesn't seem to have the power.
I'm thinking Fred, and unhappily told Trevor that on the weekend, so he's my witness. :gomer:

Love the Brazil prediction/edict/wish. Not too unlikely either.

Indy
10-26-10, 10:27 AM

Yeah, but they'll say everyone does it, the rule is wrong, blah, blah, blah... :rolleyes:

Insomniac
10-26-10, 01:41 PM
Isn't the engine limit different now though? They have 8 engines for the year and can use them however they want. So even though the used all 8 engines, they didn't get the maximum use out of them. They changed engines because they wanted to, not because it was at the end of life.

Can they repair blown engines in any way?

Edit: Just thought, it's like scrubbed vs. sticker tires. They're out of stickers but have some scrubbed ones.

SteveH
10-26-10, 02:33 PM
Isn't the engine limit different now though? They have 8 engines for the year and can use them however they want. So even though the used all 8 engines, they didn't get the maximum use out of them. They changed engines because they wanted to, not because it was at the end of life.

Edit: Just thought, it's like scrubbed vs. sticker tires. They're out of stickers but have some scrubbed ones.

I'm sure they can reuse an engine once they remove it from the car. How much life it has left is the key. Practice with a high mileage one and qualify and race with a low mileage engine.

cameraman
10-26-10, 04:10 PM

The engines are sealed, if it blows you are SOL. That's where the issue is some of the engines were wrecked on their first use.

DagoFast
10-28-10, 12:21 AM
Ya know, that engine rule is so f'n stupid. The pinochle of motorsport and they screw up the end of the year by limiting motors. WTF? The teams spend a couple motors worth of cash on hostility suites, booze and snacks. :mad:

:rofl: Quoted just because it made me laugh.

chop456
10-29-10, 01:36 PM

10/29/10 Alonso title could devalue F1 says Mosley Former FIA President Max Mosley has shared his opinion over Ferrari’s German Grand Prix team orders by saying that, should Fernando Alonso pick up this year’s driver’s title by seven points or less, the sport as a whole could be undervalued.

Alonso moved from 18 points scoring position to 25 at Hockenheim in July when team-mate Felipe Massa allowed the Spaniard through to the lead.

“I did feel at the very least that the extra points that Alonso got by overtaking Massa under team orders should have been taken away,” Mosley, who retired in October last year, told BBC Radio 5 live.

“That's the absolute minimum because, if by any chance Alonso were to win the championship with a margin less than the seven points that he picked up - I would say illegitimately - at Hockenheim, it would devalue the championship, but that's just a personal view.”

Wow - Max and I are like two peas in a pod. :D

Insomniac
10-29-10, 07:58 PM
Didn't Vettel let Webber by in a race too?

stroker
10-29-10, 07:59 PM

"Und now, ZE PUNISHMENT!"

emjaya
10-29-10, 08:38 PM
I'm sure they can reuse an engine once they remove it from the car.
I think they can only use it for Friday practise, not Saturday. Or is that Moto-GP? I can't keep up with all this crap. :yuck:

Insomniac
10-30-10, 01:09 PM
I think they can only use it for Friday practise, not Saturday. Or is that Moto-GP? I can't keep up with all this crap. :yuck:

They can use it for anything.

racer2c
11-05-10, 10:20 AM
Engine usage to date:
McLaren Mercedes
1 Jenson Button 8
2 Lewis Hamilton 8

Mercedes GP
3 Michael Schumacher 8
4 Nico Rosberg 8

RBR Renault
5 Sebastian Vettel 8
6 Mark Webber 8

Ferrari
7 Felipe Massa 9
8 Fernando Alonso 8

Williams Cosworth
9 Rubens Barrichello 7
10 Nico Hulkenberg 8

Renault
11 Robert Kubica 7
12 Vitaly Petrov 7

Force India Mercedes
14 Adrian Sutil 8
15 Vitantonio Liuzzi 8

STR Ferrari
16 Sebastien Buemi 8
17 Jaime Alguersuari 8

Lotus Cosworth
18 Jarno Trulli 8
19 Heikki Kovalainen 8

HRT Cosworth
20 Sakon Yamamoto 7
21 Bruno Senna 7

BMW Sauber Ferrari
22 Nick Heidfeld (formerly Pedro de la Rosa’s car) 9
23 Kamui Kobayashi 8

Virgin Cosworth
24 Timo Glock 8
25 Lucas Di Grassi 8

cameraman
11-05-10, 11:15 AM
Alonso went out in practice 1 with an engine that they knew was going to fail and it did two laps earlier than expected. Use them until they die seems to be the plan for most of the grid.

racer2c
11-05-10, 11:45 AM
Alonso went out in practice 1 with an engine that they knew was going to fail and it did two laps earlier than expected. Use them until they die seems to be the plan for most of the grid.

predicted within 2 laps is quite amazing!

SteveH
11-05-10, 11:59 AM
Alonso's race engine will be the one he used at Monza and Singapore based on what I read earlier this week. I believe it has nearly half of its projected life left. He won both of those races, btw.

BarillaGirl
11-06-10, 02:47 PM

Party at your place?:saywhat: