PDA

View Full Version : And the post race penalties are in....

cameraman
10-24-10, 09:33 AM
Buemi gets a 5 grid spot ding for t-boning Timo Glock.

Adrian Sutil gets a 5 grid spot penalty for hitting everything but the lotto.
He also was fined $10,000 for shear stupidity when they found out the reason that he hit everything but the lotto was his brakes were malfunctioning for most of the race.:saywhat:

opinionated ow
10-24-10, 09:42 AM
Buemi gets a 5 grid spot ding for t-boning Timo Glock.

Adrian Sutil gets a 5 grid spot penalty for hitting everything but the lotto.
He also was fined $10,000 for shear stupidity when they found out the reason that he hit everything but the lotto was his brakes were malfunctioning for most of the race.:saywhat:

That bit is ludicrous...it's his call and not up to the steward to financially penalise him for a mechanical issue. It sets a dangerous precedent

cameraman
10-24-10, 09:48 AM
Ron Dennis has been placed on suicide watch after seeing all the mud on the MP4-25.

NismoZ
10-24-10, 10:25 AM
I thought mechanical issues had become fair game for stewards, especially when mechanicals fall off the car.

rosawendel
10-24-10, 10:50 AM
i would think that the penalty would be not so much for having a mechanical issue, but for having a mechanical issue that is largely safety related, knowing about it, and continuing anyway, thus putting safety at risk. but hey, that's just me. i only got to watch about 15 minutes of actual racing, thanks to the dvr experience.

opinionated ow
10-24-10, 09:21 PM
i would think that the penalty would be not so much for having a mechanical issue, but for having a mechanical issue that is largely safety related, knowing about it, and continuing anyway, thus putting safety at risk. but hey, that's just me. i only got to watch about 15 minutes of actual racing, thanks to the dvr experience.

It wasn't loose bodywork or anything like that, so I maintain that if the driver things he can handle it then it should be at his discretion and the stewards can jump off a bridge

cameraman
10-24-10, 10:19 PM
Jenson Button most likely does not agree with you.
Also, I lost three or four places when Adrian decided to drive me off the circuit - I don't know what he was thinking.

Steve99
10-26-10, 01:58 PM
I thought mechanical issues had become fair game for stewards, especially when mechanicals fall off the car.

Then they should fine Vettel for littering the straightaway with all those bits of flaming metal. ;)