PDA

View Full Version : Korean GP

cameraman
10-21-10, 09:43 PM
The cars are on the track. If rather tentatively...

Watch the P1 feed online at Speed

http://stream.speedtv.com/

Massa can't keep it on the track...

cameraman
10-21-10, 11:03 PM
Hamilton missed all but the last ten minutes of P1 with unknown mechanical issues but still managed to turn the fastest lap of the session.

And Bruno Senna went down in history as the first person to crash out of a session on that track.

Oh my. According to more than a few tweets the hotels used by the teams seem to be more familiar with clients who book by the hour. One discovery has been if you call up room service and ask for some coffee it will be delivered by an ever so accommodating young woman...

chop456
10-22-10, 01:43 AM
What's their delivery radius?

Easy
10-22-10, 02:18 AM
Insomnia and watching P2 from Korea got me thinking about the various extrapolations of Barrichello's experience. I'm sure Schuey's stats are similar but Rubens gets the nod here.

He has contested:

F1 Grands Prix in 23 different countries and 6 continents on 31 different circuits.

Four different iterations of the European GP. (Donington, Nurburgring, Jerez, Valencia)

27 titled GPs. (ie. GP of San Marino, Europe, Pacific and Luxembourg in addition to the normal national titles)

I'll leave it to someone else to figue out how many miles or K he has racked up in F1 machinery. I'm sure its mind boggling.

Its late and my cursory stat checking may be slightly off but I can finally fall asleep now.

stroker
10-22-10, 01:39 PM

:rofl:

cameraman
10-23-10, 02:56 AM
Button is done for the wdc unless the boys at the front do something very stupid.

BarillaGirl
10-23-10, 12:41 PM
Button is done for the wdc unless the boys at the front do something very stupid.

Gee, is that likely? :shakehead:shakehead

oddlycalm
10-23-10, 01:26 PM
Agreed, but he advances to 13th on the list of most all time starts with 181. [/stats] :gomer:

oc

cameraman
10-23-10, 02:22 PM
Gee, is that likely? :shakehead:shakehead

It seems that the boys at the front have suddenly learned that finishing is really important:rolleyes: If they touch they are totally screwed so I predict a very polite start at the front with the possible exception of the good Mr Hamilton who is in a very bad spot. Hammy's problem is that he is on the dirty side of the track and Rosberg is right next to him. If Rosberg gets in front of him then you have a wall between Hamilton and the front three. So Hamilton absolutely must get around Rosberg. Easier said than done as Rosberg has been the fastest in the speed trap all weekend which just so happens to be one of the better (best?/only?) passing spots (in theory at least).

And there is the real possibility that Rosberg might take Webber too if he has another one of his miserable starts. Vettel, Alonso, Rosberg, Webber, Hamilton is a distinct possibility. I'd love to see Rosberg manage to make it to the podium but really don't see it happening.

Methanolandbrats
10-23-10, 04:15 PM
Vettel chops Webber, Fred goes for the hole, three wide into one....safety car.

stroker
10-23-10, 09:19 PM
Did Speed not show qualifying?

cameraman
10-23-10, 09:51 PM
They did, last night at 11 PM mountain time.

Indy
10-23-10, 10:30 PM

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

oddlycalm
10-24-10, 03:46 AM
Another Bernie-built fiasco. Mosquito swamp location, zero drainage, no historic significance, terrible track, race start too late in the day for any slack if the weather is bad...

They haven't gone green and we're 40 minutes from sunset. Bernie and his partners cash their check and everyone else takes one in the tailpipe which has become a recurring theme in recent years. :thumdown:

oc

cameraman
10-24-10, 05:02 AM
Turned into a very interesting race though.

NismoZ
10-24-10, 10:23 AM
Fell asleep watching Tommy Kendall and Randy Pobst thrash around Estoril in new Volvo S-60s. Woke up to slickers and umbrellas at a dead stop @ lap 4. Tried, REALLY :rolleyes:tried to make it to a restart, but...dog woke me up at 5:45 to go out. Man, I never would have let all that happen in the old days. Wait a minute, these ARE my old days. Crap, maybe that's the problem!? So, did a German guy win?

Insomniac
10-24-10, 11:59 AM
I added 30 minutes of padding for the DVR, not enough.

Indy
10-24-10, 01:26 PM
What a piece of ****. I am sure glad Bernie saved us from an interesting track in Europe. Die already, you greedy troll. :mad:

TrueBrit
10-24-10, 01:32 PM
What a piece of ****. I am sure glad Bernie saved us from an interesting track in Europe. Die already, you greedy troll. :mad:

Amen. **** track. **** weather. **** result.

Methanolandbrats
10-24-10, 05:26 PM
The track would be ok without the walls for the virtual city. :D

BarillaGirl
10-24-10, 07:39 PM
I added 30 minutes of padding for the DVR, not enough.

Ditto here! Then told the DVR to catch the rebroadcast in the afternoon. Unsuccessfully argued with the house's resident idiot that I didn't need to add time to that broadcast since the race was over by then and The Powers That Be would have known how long the whole race would take, and would have allowed for it in the schedule. Where's the emoticon for banging my head against the wall until it bleeds?

I also sent tonight's Wind Tunnel to the DVR.

cameraman
10-24-10, 07:53 PM
The show was a bit over 3.5 hours long including interviews which were kept rather short. it was interesting watching the twitter feeds during the race. Especially the ones surrounding Heikki's car which was progressively failing for the second half of the race. I don't know who made the hydraulics for the Lotus team but to say that the team is not happy with them would be wee bit of an understatement.

trish
10-24-10, 08:04 PM
I added 2 hours, just in case. They hadn't even started the race and were already calling for more rain, so I figured it would be a long night.

oddlycalm
10-25-10, 04:11 AM
The track would be ok without the walls for the virtual city. :D
Yo, it's Mosquito Marsh Manor with it's very own race track out in the big fat middle of nothing at all where the geese walk backwards and the snakes are all deadly. Exactly 1.5ft. above sea level and no drainage to speak of. :laugh:

Yet another group of greedy grifters looking to dress up swamp land (or desert) in a party dress and sell pieces of it to the schmendricks at tall prices. Hang on to that dream boys....:shakehead

oc

Methanolandbrats
10-25-10, 07:39 AM
Yo, it's Mosquito Marsh Manor with it's very own race track out in the big fat middle of nothing at all where the geese walk backwards and the snakes are all deadly. Exactly 1.5ft. above sea level and no drainage to speak of. :laugh:

Yet another group of greedy grifters looking to dress up swamp land (or desert) in a party dress and sell pieces of it to the schmendricks at tall prices. Hang on to that dream boys....:shakehead

oc

It has to be marketed properly "oceanfront access in a natural setting".

Hard Driver
10-25-10, 12:58 PM
Another Bernie-built fiasco. Mosquito swamp location, zero drainage, no historic significance, terrible track, race start too late in the day for any slack if the weather is bad...

They haven't gone green and we're 40 minutes from sunset. Bernie and his partners cash their check and everyone else takes one in the tailpipe which has become a recurring theme in recent years. :thumdown:

oc

Couldnt say it better.

BarillaGirl
10-25-10, 02:56 PM
It has to be marketed properly "oceanfront access in a natural setting".

At one point there was a lingering shot of a female fan with a booklet on her head keeping off the rain. I had to laugh — there wasn't any text on the front, but the graphics made it look for all the world like it said "Come to our fabulous vacation destination! Enjoy the beautiful foliage, Lounge on the pristine beaches!" And all around her was the reality: snakes, mosquitoes, and a swamp that wouldn't drain the monsoon rains. :laugh:

cameraman
10-25-10, 03:58 PM
Once it got going the race wasn't all that bad.

High Sided
10-25-10, 04:34 PM
i'm already looking forward to next year and seeing all the new facility additions.

Wally
10-25-10, 06:57 PM
I thought capturing the photog in up to his elbow in both nostrils during qualifying pretty much summarized the track,weather,and race conditions. :laugh:

SteveH
10-25-10, 07:34 PM
I thought capturing the photog in up to his elbow in both nostrils during qualifying pretty much summarized the track,weather,and race conditions. :laugh:

picking a winner - who said that, Varsha? :rofl:

oddlycalm
10-25-10, 08:43 PM

Capturing all the memorable moments...:gomer:

oc