PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve To Aussie V-8s?

NismoZ
10-20-10, 11:29 AM
So he says...maybe.:) Autosport. Also don't forget Franchitti, Castroneves,Dixon, Tagliani, Brisco, Bourdais, Salo, & Morbidelli, even Muller, Priaulx, Menu and Tiago Montiero from WTC, all at Surfers this week! Could be fun. I know JV is paired with Dumbrell, who are these other guys teamed with?

NismoZ
10-20-10, 11:52 AM
Geez...and Pruett, Brabham, Pat long and Will Power.

emjaya
10-20-10, 05:29 PM
ENTRY LIST: 2010 Armor All Gold Coast 600
No Drivers Team Car
1 Jamie Whincup/Steve Owen TeamVodafone Commodore VE II
2 Garth Tander/Cameron McConville Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE II
3 Tony D’Alberto/Tiago Monteiro Centaur Racing Commodore VE
4 Alex Davison/David Brabham IRWIN Racing Falcon FG
5 Mark Winterbottom/Luke Youlden Orrcon Steel FPR Falcon FG
6 Steve Richards/Will Power Dunlop Super Dealer FPR Falcon FG
7 Todd Kelly/Scott Dixon Jack Daniel’s Racing Commodore VE II
8 Jason Richards/Andrew Jones Team BOC Commodore VE II
9 Shane Van Gisbergen/John McIntyre SP Tools Racing Falcon FG
10 Andrew Thompson/Mika Salo Bundaberg Red Racing Commodore VE II
11 Jason Bargwanna/Alex Tagliani Rock Racing Commodore VE
12 Dean Fiore/Gianni Morbidelli Triple F Racing Falcon FG
14 Jason Bright/Alain Menu Trading Post Racing Commodore VE II
15 Rick Kelly/Owen Kelly Jack Daniel’s Racing Commodore VE II
16 Tony Ricciardello/Dale Wood Stratco Racing Commodore VE
17 Steven Johnson/Dario Franchitti Jim Beam Racing Falcon FG
18 James Courtney/Warren Luff Jim Beam Racing Falcon FG
19 Jonathon Webb/Sebastien Bourdais Dick Johnson Racing Falcon FG
21 Karl Reindler/Fabrizio Giovanardi Fair Dinkum Sheds Racing Commodore VE
22 Will Davison/Ryan Briscoe Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE II
24 Fabian Coulthard/David Reynolds Bundaberg Red Racing Commodore VE
30 Nathan Pretty/Scott Pruett Gulf Western Oil Racing Commodore VE
33 Lee Holdsworth/Greg Ritter Fujitsu Racing/GRM Commodore VE II
34 Michael Caruso/Patrick Long Fujitsu Racing/GRM Commodore VE II
39 Russell Ingall /Jack Perkins Supercheap Auto Racing Commodore VE II
47 Tim Slade/Helio Castroneves Wilson Security Racing Falcon FG
51 Greg Murphy/Yvan Muller Castrol Edge Racing Commodore VE II
55 Paul Dumbrell/Jacques Villeneuve The Bottle-O Racing Team Falcon FG
888 Craig Lowndes/Andy Priaulx TeamVodafone Commodore VE II

Easy
10-20-10, 05:48 PM
From Marshall Pruett's notebook.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/v8-gold-coast-600-test-day-roundup/

The fickle French-Canadian impressed his Bottle-O racing team with his lap times, but when it comes to human interaction, JV has apparently struggled to fit in with the blue collar nature of the V8 Supercar paddock.

Villeneuve’s petulant ways didn’t take long to travel up and down the close-knit Supercars community.

“I hear he’s been crying about the volume of his ear buds,” said 2006 V8 Supercars champion Rick Kelly. “They went to test his radio with him and it was too loud for his liking so he pulled out the ear buds and threw them… Then I guess he didn’t like the seat so he’s making them change that. He was complaining about a few other things too…I’m not sure he understands this is a big boy series here…”

The Villeneuve dramas also continued, according to Kelly.

“His team was asking him to try and get the driver changes down to 20 seconds to start with. He told them it couldn’t be done in less than 40…those poor guys…”

Methanolandbrats
10-20-10, 06:00 PM
I'm as sick of Jack as I am of Favre. Legends in their own minds, primadonna, look at me, douchebags. :yuck:

opinionated ow
10-21-10, 04:22 AM
I'm as sick of Jack as I am of Favre. Legends in their own minds, primadonna, look at me, douchebags. :yuck:

Don't take a word that Rick Kelly takes seriously. The guy DEFINES boganism. He's a complete ****.

NismoZ
10-21-10, 02:11 PM
Ignoring all the crap for a moment:D...how'd they match these guys up, anyway? Alphabetical order? Murphy and Muller. Pruett and Pretty. Break up Tander and McConville! Lowndes and Priaulx look strong. Interesting concept. I like it. Wish they had a true road course to show it off, but I guess it'll be a financial success? I ditto the desire to have DTM, JGTC and the V8s (and Trans Am (:)) to the same specs. Talk about a "Chase"...top 10 from each series in a final 4 race "Grand Slam" for all the marbles!:thumbup:

oddlycalm
10-21-10, 03:02 PM
Villeneuve would race in any series that would have him full time. I doubt he's made a single good decision since he was WDC.

Glad I got to see him in his prime. :thumbup:

oc

NismoZ
10-21-10, 07:39 PM
Yeah, when he slammed into that guy in Phoenix, at full speed under yellow.

cameraman
10-21-10, 07:56 PM
ssVXtmjl-Xk

He clobbered Hiro Matsushita. One of his stupider bits of driving.

Methanolandbrats
10-21-10, 08:30 PM
Man, I remember watching that one and thinking "Jack is dumbass and Hero is dead". Thankfully, Hero was ok, but Jack is still a dumbass.

racer2c
10-21-10, 09:49 PM
I remember yelling at the TV telling JV what a dumbass he was and worried that Hiro was seriously hurt. Villenueve came back in style though and for the next few years was able to back up his attitude with his talent...unfortunately the talent ran out a few years later and all that's been left is the tude. At least he has his music!:gomer:

(sidebar) went through one of my boxes of racing collectibles a few weeks back and found my collection of driver hats. I have one of JV's...faux brass JV on the front, his helmet colors on the side (nice pink) and a brown suede brim. Ugliest hat ever. What was I thinking?!?! :D

opinionated ow
10-22-10, 07:13 AM
Ignoring all the crap for a moment:D...how'd they match these guys up, anyway? Alphabetical order? Murphy and Muller. Pruett and Pretty. Break up Tander and McConville! Lowndes and Priaulx look strong. Interesting concept. I like it. Wish they had a true road course to show it off, but I guess it'll be a financial success? I ditto the desire to have DTM, JGTC and the V8s (and Trans Am (:)) to the same specs. Talk about a "Chase"...top 10 from each series in a final 4 race "Grand Slam" for all the marbles!:thumbup:

Surfers was crap to start with, the new improved (cough shortened) version is worse. My objection to it is that the teams have been forced to run the international driver in a last ditch effort to sustain the event (it's really hanging on by the finger nails). It's weak and the only reason the drivers are in the country is that they were paid big dollars to bribe them over...

but FYI, results from co-driver practice sessions:
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?24/10/2010.SPSC.P6

NismoZ
10-23-10, 10:23 PM
Wow, race one: Tander/McConville then Lowndes/Priaulx. Damn, I'm good.:rofl:

emjaya
10-24-10, 02:40 AM
Ford to try and sign Jacques Villeneuve to race full-time. (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor/ford-to-try-and-sign-jacques-villeneuve-to-race-full-time/story-e6frey5r-1225942720918)

FORD will this week try to complete one of Australian sport's greatest coups by signing former Formula One champion Jacques Villeneuve to race V8 Supercars full-time in Australia.

Entertainment value, presumably.

oddlycalm
10-25-10, 04:27 AM
Entertainment value, presumably.
Keep the bogans laughing eh? :gomer:

oc