PDA

View Full Version : Who Drives For PK After Laguna Seca?

JoeBob
06-12-03, 01:03 PM
Here's PK's Press Release http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6194

PK Racing today announced that former Champ Car race winner and Laguna Seca ace Bryan Herta will take over the driving responsibilities of the #27 PK Racing Lola Ford Cosworth at this weekend’s Grand Prix of Monterey.

Herta, who has been confirmed for the Grand Prix of Monterey only, will replace former PK Racing driver Patrick Lemarie, who has decided to move on to other opportunities.

Both PK Racing team owners Craig Pollock and Kevin Kalkhoven, and Vice President Russell Cameron, extended their thanks to Patrick for his willingness to help the team this season at such short notice, dropping all of his other activities to get the car set up between January, 2003 and the present. Considering his prior Formula 1 testing experience, his assistance was invaluable, and the team wishes him the best of luck in his future motorsports endeavors.

Founded in January 2003, Indianapolis-based PK Racing fields a one-car effort in the Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. The team is co-owned by successful motorsports businessman Craig Pollock and high-tech industrialist Kevin Kalkhoven and is managed by Champ Car veteran Russell Cameron.

So, Lemarie is fired. Herta is in for Laguna Seca. What about the rest of the season? Is this Alex Yoong's ticket back to CART? Is Max Papis driving for PK Porsche in ALMS, and PK Racing in CART? Memo Gidley just so forum-dwellers shut up?

rabbit
06-12-03, 01:27 PM
Hopefully Herta.:thumbup:

Ziggy
06-12-03, 01:47 PM
Mika Salo's name was bandied about early, before the season started. I think he is buds with the owner or something

Ziggy

pchall
06-12-03, 02:56 PM
What PK needs right now is a capable champcar driver, and they get that in Brian Herta. Let's hope that Herta is the driver needed to solidify the team and get some results.

Wasn't Salo always the driver for pipe dream second car if the team gets it together?

RaceChic
06-12-03, 04:58 PM
If we're talking Americans, my choice would be Memo Gidley. I think the guy had the goods and no ability to truly show it, just not the financial backing. Shame really. :(

Railbird
06-12-03, 05:12 PM
Salo was on Pollock's speed dial for Lamarie's seat earlier in the year, may still be for all I know. The second car has always hinged on funding which could come from the war chest if Pook is interested in upping the American count.

Personaly I'd keep Herta for the rest of the year.

Herta Mania! baby

Joe in LA
06-12-03, 06:31 PM
PK should stick with Herta. Salo is tied up through LeMans, and I don't think he will do anything for the team Herta can't. I still think Bryan is a bit suspect on ovals, but he's excellent on a road or street circuit.

pchall
06-13-03, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Joe in LA
I still think Bryan is a bit suspect on ovals, but he's excellent on a road or street circuit.

The lemmings were impressed by Herta at Texas... but they'd be impressed by Juan's grandmother, too. ;)

Napoleon
06-13-03, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by pchall
... but they'd be impressed by Juan's grandmother, too. ;)

Some of them would likely be posting how sexy she is, just like they did about Sarah.

Shadow
06-13-03, 06:39 PM
Memo is now driving in TransAm.

Turn7
06-14-03, 05:16 PM
Max Papis per Cart.com.

pchall
06-14-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Max Papis per Cart.com.

Papis? :saywhat:

Now, more than ever, I want Brian Herta to win tomorrow.

Turn7
06-14-03, 06:28 PM
I thought Papis had just signed up to drive ASCAR, I wonder what happened with that or the rumor that he would be with Fitti/Dingman.

???

Some of the moves in employment lately make you go hmmmm......

cart7
06-14-03, 06:59 PM
It's Papis.

mapguy
06-15-03, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by cart7
It's Papis.

Damn. Anybody but him.

Audi_A4
06-15-03, 09:05 AM
I should get the ride. I can crash just as good as the rest of them, if not better! :gomer:

mexican
06-15-03, 08:27 PM
I wonder why on earth they chose Max. Herta seemed like a better choice for me.

pchall
06-15-03, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by mexican
I wonder why on earth they chose Max...

Papis does have considerable seat time in the current Lola chassis. If he can pass his experience on to the crew, PK may have made the right choice. We'll see in Portland.