PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it

Dvdb
10-04-10, 11:07 PM
7-11 is dropping sponsorship for TK.

(saw it on twitter so I kept under 140 characters)

G.
10-04-10, 11:37 PM
Stamp this one CONFIRMED.

They're staying with Danica (associate) but dumping the primary sponsorship.

An interesting rumor is that 7-11 is going to pay TK next year as per contract, but not pay for the car. I guess the ROI is better to NOT be associated with the leeegue, and just pay TK to sit. :rofl::rofl:

That's just rumor, but I choose to believe it. :p

NismoZ
10-05-10, 09:09 AM
Tony to Brazilian Super Trucks!:thumbup:

dando
10-05-10, 09:16 AM
Stamp this one CONFIRMED.

They're staying with Danica (associate) but dumping the primary sponsorship.

An interesting rumor is that 7-11 is going to pay TK next year as per contract, but not pay for the car. I guess the ROI is better to NOT be associated with the leeegue, and just pay TK to sit. :rofl::rofl:

That's just rumor, but I choose to believe it. :p

I always thought the strategy was flawed anyway...they should have put the logo on his nose. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-05-10, 10:08 AM
Confirmed in my morning paper. Quotes Andretti as saying TK is free to seek out other teams. Seems to mean Andretti will be running one less car.

TKGAngel
10-05-10, 10:14 AM
I'm gobsmacked that Kanaan's contract was in the $3 million ballpark.

Don Quixote
10-05-10, 11:07 AM
I'm gobsmacked that any company would spend a dime advertising in the leegue. I bet the 7-11 executives were impressed with the "crowd" last weekend.

stroker
10-05-10, 01:44 PM
I'm gobsmacked it took them so long to come to the conclusion that their money was going down a black hole...

KLang
10-05-10, 02:49 PM
I just want to try out the word gobsmacked. :cool:

NismoZ
10-05-10, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I can hardly wait to trek up to The Mile next June. Hell, it's "The 2nd Week After Indy!":gomer: See all you trool loosers inside 3. Bring booze. LOTS of booze. We'll break into the paddock and get Anna Beatriz' autograph! (PS-are there any luxury package tours set up yet for Baltimore? Better book early.)

oddlycalm
10-06-10, 04:13 AM
I'm gobsmacked that any company would spend a dime advertising in the leegue. I bet the 7-11 executives were impressed with the "crowd" last weekend.
It's 7/11 Japan and the only reason they were there was because they want to hold on to their catering business at the Honda plants.

oc

TKGAngel
10-06-10, 07:15 PM
Just read on Twitter that RHR is looking for work next year as well. Izod won't return to Andretti Autosport.

pchall
10-06-10, 07:22 PM
Just read on Twitter that RHR is looking for work next year as well. Izod won't return to Andretti Autosport.

RHR will be working along side Rahal the Lesser at McDonalds.

Don Quixote
10-06-10, 07:31 PM
I think working at McD's is substantially less humiliating that driving around in circles in front of 200 "fans".

Methanolandbrats
10-06-10, 08:43 PM
I think working at McD's is substantially less humiliating that driving around in circles in front of 200 "fans".

Starting to look like it would pay better too :rofl:

Dvdb
10-06-10, 11:14 PM
Little Rahal has funding from NTB for next year. Shopping that around to find a team.

BarillaGirl
10-07-10, 09:23 AM

So it's not the Izod IRL series any more either? Or was that last year? :shakehead

dando
10-07-10, 09:48 AM
So it's not the Izod IRL series any more either? Or was that last year? :shakehead

Lots of rumors the past few months that Izod wasn't happy and was on the way out. Bring back Pep Boys. :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-07-10, 10:19 AM

https://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25337:irl-andretti-autosport-addresses-questions-on-2011-ryan-hunter-reay-entry&catid=20:indycar-series&Itemid=133

IIRC Izod was looking to drop sponsorship of RHR back in June but somehow were talked into finishing the year.

Don Quixote
10-07-10, 10:19 AM
Indycar World Series Presented by Crazy Larry's Pawn and Bait Shop.

Cam
10-07-10, 10:21 AM

He's still a wanker. :flame:

Methanolandbrats
10-07-10, 10:27 AM
I wonder how much IRL gear IZOD has sold? :D Probably right around none. They'll have to empty the warehouse, put it on a cargo ship and send the rags to Africa as a donation :rofl:

Don Quixote
10-07-10, 10:53 AM
I wonder how much IRL gear IZOD has sold? :D Probably right around none. They'll have to empty the warehouse, put it on a cargo ship and send the rags to Africa as a donation :rofl: You wouldn't think they were stupid enough to make up a bunch of IRL gear in the first place. Wait, nevermind, if they were stupid enough to put their name on the series ......

dando
10-07-10, 11:10 AM

I was thinking Chico's Bail Bonds. :gomer:

-Kevin

BarillaGirl
10-07-10, 11:30 AM

How about J.D. Byrider? :gomer:

Don Quixote
10-07-10, 12:50 PM
I was thinking Chico's Bail Bonds. :gomer:

How about J.D. Byrider? :gomer:

I think you are both aiming too high. :gomer:

oddlycalm
10-07-10, 03:19 PM

I've read that the RHR car sponsorship cost IZOD nearly as much as what they are paying for the series sponsorship. No way of knowing the actual numbers but it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if IZOD was able to secure the series sponsorship for next to nothing.

oc

pchall
10-07-10, 04:31 PM
Little Rahal has funding from NTB for next year. Shopping that around to find a team.

Every team will want him.

Too bad for the IRHelL that he turns out to be a talentless ****.

BarillaGirl
10-07-10, 09:57 PM
I've read that the RHR car sponsorship cost IZOD nearly as much as what they are paying for the series sponsorship. No way of knowing the actual numbers but it wouldn't come as much of a surprise if IZOD was able to secure the series sponsorship for next to nothing.

oc

OC has 1000 members. If we each chipped in $10 could we own the series? Don't worry, we wouldn't run the races, we'd draw straws to see who takes it behind the barn and puts it out of its misery. :cool:

Gnam
10-08-10, 02:17 AM
drawing straws sounds like a downer for such a happy occasion.

Maybe a raffle, or a lottery, or hiding the golden ticket inside a tenderloin sammich. :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
10-10-10, 10:49 AM
NO wthat the one hunnert years tardition of running all are races on hibanked NASCar ovals is over, waht\'s negst? AN do you see the errer of your ways by running off the onliest person whoever had visions of grateness for OPened Wheeled racing

TravelGal
10-10-10, 01:38 PM
NO wthat the one hunnert years tardition of running all are races on hibanked NASCar ovals is over, waht\'s negst? AN do you see the errer of your ways by running off the onliest person whoever had visions of grateness for OPened Wheeled racing

NoT eNuF CapitOl LetrEs.

Dvdb
10-10-10, 09:48 PM
Speld leddres worngg.

Al Czervik
10-11-10, 01:56 PM
HeLLes BElls

TrueBrit
10-12-10, 09:28 AM
HeLLes BElls

I lerVe Ac/CD tHEys WUn of mAh FAVriteST BaNdz..

BigIrlFan
10-12-10, 10:16 AM
WAHt int he hell you damed CARt strret racer itiods talkin about? HUh? YOu gul darned fruity cuppers aint makin no sense. BUNch of NAncy boys that aint learnt how to communionicate. NO wonder your sereis failed. TWice. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Methanolandbrats
10-12-10, 11:10 AM
WAHt int he hell you damed CARt strret racer itiods talkin about? HUh? YOu gul darned fruity cuppers aint makin no sense. BUNch of NAncy boys that aint learnt how to communionicate. NO wonder your sereis failed. TWice. hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seeries aint dead, just renameD InDYcaR...........How you liKe all the StrEet Races BiRLF? Bet not you Or TonY Gorge had a Vision liKe That. Witch VerSion # foresaw more Indy Dribers who are Frooty Cuppers, ShoE shopPers, FenCe scalIng sobbing MEssicans from South America anD even girls than CARt ever had? Right there is the big HAhaha....:rofl:

BigIrlFan
10-12-10, 11:41 AM
WEll Well well, LOoks like I toucht a nerve hahahahahaha FIrst of all the IZOd INdyCar SEires is all about inclusion. IT always has been. IT dont matter if you come from poor huddled masses or if you are soem kined of altenate lifestile we got a place for you in INDyCARs. THAts the AMErican way. ANd the IZOd INdy CAR series is a AMerican series.THERe aint nothin wrong iwth womens inthe IZod INdy CARs series. HElls BElles, CARt started the hole damed thing anyway with womens. TOny never said he dint want no strret races or no raod coarses. HE coud see that once he kilt CARt (twice hahahahaha) heed have to take on some of them to keep you wine and cheesers happy. ANd he did just that. ANd all you do is boo hoo about how bad it is. SO what, we got INdy. WHAt other series does? WHen its MAy everone looks to INdy. ANd when its not MAy everone talks about MAy. SEe? THats how its sposed to be. GOd BLess TOney GOrge for finely restoring INDy to where it shoud sposed to be.. YOU damed strret races had totally mssed that up with your big races detracting from INdy. NOw INdy towers over all the others. ORder restored. THAnk you TOny GOrge. THAnk you very much.

Elmo T
10-12-10, 03:14 PM
New column from Oreo - Linky thing (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/columns/story?columnist=oreovicz_john&id=5676838)

I'd quote highlights, but it is all lowlights.

My fav -
TK's other best option would appear to be KV Racing, which ran three cars (and crashed close to 40) in 2010 Hyperbole? :shakehead

extramundane
10-12-10, 06:01 PM
Ringing endorsement (http://www.racer.com/hvm-to-expand-to-american-le-mans-series-in-2011/article/180872/)!

Keith Wiggins, team owner of HVM Racing, has declared his intention to enter a prototype in the American Le Mans Series next year.
[...]
"It's just that ALMS is another very attractive program out there, and I think it makes sense for our team not to have all its eggs in one basket."

NismoZ
10-13-10, 09:18 AM
That should probably read..."...ANY eggs in the WRONG basket.":)

pchall
10-13-10, 10:04 AM
That should probably read..."...ANY eggs in the WRONG basket.":)

I read that article. Seems like Wiggins and his team would actually like to do some engineering and development work again...

racer2c
10-13-10, 10:12 AM
I read that article. Seems like Wiggins and his team would actually like to do some engineering and development work again...

What...making plastic pieces for the '12 Dallarra isn't stimulating enough?:)

Don Quixote
10-13-10, 11:08 AM
Seems like Wiggins and his team would actually like to do some engineering and development work again...
Get out of town! Since when has that been a part of racing? :gomer:

dando
10-13-10, 12:09 PM

Engineering is soooo overrated. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

High Sided
10-15-10, 11:15 AM
7-11 is starting to be rumored as possible 2011 sponsor for Jeff Gordon.
from www.jayski.com....

7-Eleven could sponsor Jeff Gordon? Last week, longtime sponsor 7-Eleven announced that it would not return at Tony Kanaan's sponsor at Andretti Autosport [IRL]. The company is being linked to NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jeff Gordon's #24 Chevy (Sports Illustrated)
AND 7-Eleven will continue [in the IRL] being an associate sponsor of Danica Patrick's entry in the IndyCar series (AP/Yahoo.com), Patrick drives for JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series, JR Motorsports is affliated with Hendrick Motorsports and her sponsor GoDaddy.com in the NNS, also sponsor Hendrick's #5 Chevy of Mark Martin.(10-14-2010)

NismoZ
10-15-10, 09:39 PM
Can you IMAGINE how much more TV time 7-11 would get on Gordon's car than it got on IRL/VS! Makes me wonder why anyone bothers to put their name on one of those.

SurfaceUnits
10-18-10, 09:19 AM
Can you IMAGINE how much more TV time 7-11 would get on Gordons car than it got on IRL/VS! Makes me wonder why anyone bothers to put their name on one of those.

reVersus and Terry Asshat were crowing about the 16% increase in viewer ratings for \'10. Reality shows where the so-called increase came from

There were 64M Versus households during the carraige dispute which continued through the 2009 IndyCar season.

With the DTV dispute resolved, the increase to 75M Versus households served to benefit IndyCars 2010 ratings. The broadcasts were available to 17% more home viewers.

Which means that promotion, advertisement, key metrics, activations, or continuity were not responsible for any increase in viewership.

SurfaceUnits
10-20-10, 02:42 PM
Rumor has it: The leeg will be renting the Las Vegas Moter Spedway for their 2011 season ending gala and grusome trophy giveaway

what happened to Burton Smiff and all that SMI promotion and activation of key metrics