PDA

View Full Version : 300 SL space frame

pchall
10-04-10, 07:15 PM
Some pix from the Prototyp Museum in Hamburg. A collection of privately owned cars, a lot of which are still prepped and raced or run for demonstrations in that facility.

The space for the 1952 Mercedes 300SL and the panel beating buck for the Auto Union C Type. More to come eventually. BTW, these pictures can be copied for private use but should not appear in any publication. I had to sign a promise about that.

Gnam
10-04-10, 07:29 PM
BTW, these pictures can be copied for private use but should not appear in any publication.
Auto prOn. :thumbup:

Is that a wing at the very bottom of the C Type's rear end?
Cool pics.

pchall
10-04-10, 08:54 PM
Auto prOn. :thumbup:

Is that a wing at the very bottom of the C Type's rear end?
Cool pics.

Aero fairing for the swing axle me thinks. They are symmetrical shapes. I've seen pix of the C Type with them and without them.

More Auto prOn tomorrow. ;)

pchall
10-05-10, 08:15 AM
More from the Prototyp Museum:

AFM F2 from 1952, DVD 600 ccm streamliner, Mathé with 1600 ccm Porsche engine, the same car with a detail shot of the engine and the non VW rear suspension. BTW, the funny bump on the nose of the Mathé is where the tachometer is mounted! The last photo is the DVD from the left rear.

oddlycalm
10-06-10, 03:55 AM
Outstanding, thanks for posting it. :thumbup:

oc

pchall
10-06-10, 07:43 AM
Here's the last of the lot: A Porsche and misc. low production German cars from the 50s. I didn't take pix of the modern cars and it was impossible to photograph the cars in the glass walled preparation and service bays with a small digital camera.

A Porsche of the specification that Vasek Polack wanted forsales and racing the US.
A Dyna Veritas -- 750 ccm Panhard [under]powered convertible.
A Goliath 845 ccm coupe of very limited production.
I forgot to note the name but this fibreglass bodied prototype never went into production because it only had 28 hp. Steel tube backbone in it because the previous version suffered from cracking of the fibreglas where the mechanical bits were attached.