PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate blue flags??

Rogue Leader
10-04-10, 12:48 PM
http://www.racer.com/branson-backs-call-to-remove-blue-flags/article/180298/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

I have an opinion but I'm eager to hear yours first!

cameraman
10-04-10, 01:06 PM
If the backmarkers fought every pass you would see a huge increase in the number of accidents. Think of Monaco, the entire field would be in a train with the slowest cars at the front.

Methanolandbrats
10-04-10, 01:12 PM
I have an opinion, Branson knows nothing about racing. He should shut up and write checks. Blue flags help get the junk out of the way so the race doesn't get ****ed up.

devilmaster
10-04-10, 01:32 PM
Wow. Can't wait for this idea to be abused as a title contending team tells is other driver to take an extra pit stop so they can get lapped and hold up his teammates' rivals.... :shakehead:

DagoFast
10-04-10, 01:34 PM
In the pantheon of dumb ideas, this one might qualify for a chair near the head of the table.

STD
10-04-10, 01:41 PM
"I think it would be good for the sport to get rid of blue flags. In the days of Ken Tyrrell, he would never let any car pass.

Another Tony hard at work making up nonsense.

TrueBrit
10-04-10, 02:50 PM
Hmmm...Webber never pays attention to them now...what would change?;)

oddlycalm
10-04-10, 04:32 PM
On the other side of this issue are those who wish to see the blue flags replaced with RPG launchers....:D

oc

opinionated ow
10-05-10, 02:37 AM
Maybe don't get rid of them, but use them as a hold your line flag rather than a mandatory pull over. They should be guidance not enforcement.

NismoZ
10-05-10, 09:22 AM
RPGs? C'mon, get realistic. I think we could combine Bernie's use of shortcuts and our intermittant sprinkler system without the increased risk of collateral damage associated with the inclusion of explosives. However, having some experience with such technology, I'd be happy to man a position at various F-1 circuits for the price of one of those tour packages.:)

oddlycalm
10-06-10, 03:53 AM
RPGs? C'mon, get realistic. I think we could combine Bernie's use of shortcuts and our intermittant sprinkler system without the increased risk of collateral damage associated with the inclusion of explosives. However, having some experience with such technology, I'd be happy to man a position at various F-1 circuits for the price of one of those tour packages.:)
I was just reacting to the fact the suggestion to quit the blue flags came from Tony "un-Lotus" Fernandes. Mr. Buy A Legend deserves whatever scorn, or RPG rounds, his rolling chicanes get.

WGAF what the backmarkers think? When they go 4 seconds a lap quicker I'll care...

oc

NismoZ
10-06-10, 09:01 PM
Oh, I know. Just funnin'. :)

oddlycalm
10-10-10, 09:17 PM
Oh, I know. Just funnin'. :)

Yeah, I got that. Me too. Leave it to Max and Bernie to scrounge up a gaggle of new teams then not give them at practice time or resources to work with. :gomer:

oc