PDA

View Full Version : Petit Le Mans

Trevor Longman
10-02-10, 11:12 AM
Well it's here again and I'm kind of surprised that no one has made a mention of it here but whatever. Peugeot locks out the front row but after Le Mans we all know that a faster car doesn't necessarily mean its a lock for them to win. They could always find other new and exciting ways to screw themselves. Race starts in a few minutes. Should be a good one with that GT grid. :D

Live timing:
http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=flash

NismoZ
10-02-10, 11:30 AM
Kind of snuck up on us. Football season, I guess. Looks to be a GREAT race. Pic-nic tables and outhouses!:thumbup: Lawn chairs on the hillsides. People 3 deep at the fences. THIS is my kind of racing! (Except it's about 6 hours too long!:D) What a great group of drivers...in ALL the classes. How 'bout that Porsche hybrid? (wave of the future?) Can't promise I'll sit through the whole thing, lots to do on a crisp, sunny Midwestern Fall Saturday, but I'll be checking in...OFTEN!:) It's RACE TIME!

G.
10-02-10, 12:03 PM
I've planned my weekend to include several tasks that happen to need to be done nearby the TV. :)

cameraman
10-02-10, 12:09 PM
The DVR is madly recording away.

Methanolandbrats
10-02-10, 12:23 PM
I want a GT 40. :)

Trevor Longman
10-02-10, 10:05 PM
Wow nice finish. I can;t believe Ferrari managed to screw that up but I feel pretty good for the Corvette guys. Also of all the ways Audi could have lost this one, who would have thought it would be a wardrobe malfunction that lost them the race? :rolleyes: Great race none the less and the midsection of that race provided some of the best GT racing I've ever seen.

cameraman
10-03-10, 01:11 AM
That was a nice six or seven hours of racing. Dvrs are great widgets. That was a great race and it was nice to see a crowded track again. Like they said it's only 167 days until Sebring:)

Gnam
10-03-10, 01:30 AM
Great race. :thumbup:

Is it just me or does the ALMS have the least nonsense surrounding it? Makes it very enjoyable to watch.

nissan gtp
10-03-10, 08:33 PM
excellent race, and the weather made up for last year's monsoon and mud-fest

rosawendel
10-04-10, 08:04 AM
i actually have a compliment for time warner: they had the listing for the race broken into two segments. the lions share of the race (11? to 7) was listed in one block, with a second block from 7 to 9:30. so i was able to record most of the race in standard definition, and the ending in high definition, without eating too much dvr space. i'll probably keep the ending on the dvr over the winter for the kid.

(i missed the race live because I was at mid-ohio photographing a club meet. i should have photos for that in a few days.)

gerhard911
10-04-10, 08:52 AM
^ It was the same on DirecTV. The two separate program listings probably came from SPEED. A friend with TW complained to me that they switched SPEED to Faux News during the broadcast. I did not notice that on DirecTV.

cameraman
10-04-10, 10:48 AM
There was no news on Dish. I think eight hours is the maximum for any dvr recording.

Andrew Longman
10-04-10, 11:46 AM
So how about Audi losing their chance for a win due to a "wardrobe malfunction" Helmet bladder activated and pushed balaclava into the driver's eyes, forcing a pit? That's new.:confused:

extramundane
10-04-10, 12:01 PM
So how about Audi losing their chance for a win due to a "wardrobe malfunction" Helmet bladder activated and pushed balaclava into the driver's eyes, forcing a pit? That's new.:confused:

Even better was (Brian Till? I can't remember...the Speed mushmouths all start to sound the same) saying that the bladder was to prevent additional cervical injury sometimes caused by removing the helmet.

BarillaGirl
10-04-10, 12:17 PM
Even better was (Brian Till? I can't remember...the Speed mushmouths all start to sound the same) saying that the bladder was to prevent additional cervical injury sometimes caused by removing the helmet.

If you can hurt your cervix by taking off your helmet, your HANS device is fastened waaaaaay too tight. :eek:

TrueBrit
10-04-10, 12:19 PM
If you can hurt your cervix by taking off your helmet, your HANS device is fastened waaaaaay too tight. :eek:

:D:rofl::D:laugh::eek:

G.
10-04-10, 01:09 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Methanolandbrats
10-04-10, 01:18 PM
:saywhat:

pchall
10-04-10, 01:50 PM

:D:rofl::laugh: