PDA

View Full Version : This is a news website article

G.
09-27-10, 01:28 PM
about a scientific paper (http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/sep/24/1)

This is a news website article about a scientific paper

In the standfirst I will make a fairly obvious pun about the subject matter before posing an inane question I have no intention of really answering: is this an important scientific finding?

In this paragraph I will state the main claim that the research makes, making appropriate use of "scare quotes" to ensure that it's clear that I have no opinion about this research whatsoever.

In this paragraph I will briefly (because no paragraph should be more than one line) state which existing scientific ideas this new research "challenges".

If the research is about a potential cure, or a solution to a problem, this paragraph will describe how it will raise hopes for a group of sufferers or victims.

:laugh:

datachicane
09-27-10, 02:40 PM
I'd swear I've read that before...
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gnam
09-27-10, 04:44 PM
:laugh:

Good comments too. :thumbup:

Reminds me of that Must See Movie!
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16597&highlight=movie

oddlycalm
09-27-10, 05:15 PM
Nicely done :thumbup::laugh:

oc

EDwardo
09-27-10, 06:43 PM
That is one whacked "scientific" paper.

In particular, we find that an observer-centric anisotropic synchrony convention eliminates the distant starlight problem by reducing radially inward-directed light travel-time in the reference frame of the observer to zero

people want to know they can trust what is published on the Internet

datachicane
09-27-10, 07:43 PM
That is one whacked "scientific" paper.

In particular, we find that an observer-centric anisotropic synchrony convention eliminates the distant starlight problem by reducing radially inward-directed light travel-time in the reference frame of the observer to zero

A classic. Try as the world may, you just can't beat creationists for pure comedy. Someday I halfway expect to hear that AiG was just a long-running Firesign Theater gag.

EDwardo
09-27-10, 08:18 PM
Someday I halfway expect to hear that AiG was just a long-running Firesign Theater gag.

"We're all bozos on this bus" comes to mind.

datachicane
09-27-10, 08:42 PM
"We're all bozos on this bus" comes to mind.

Or "Why does the Porridge Bird lay his eggs in the air?"