PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Aragon

opinionated ow
09-19-10, 08:16 AM
Is this the first GOOD modern track this century? Seriously cool and the descending s is wild as is the sequence of corners onto the back straight. :D

Fio1
09-20-10, 01:10 PM
Moto GP is turning into the Spanish Motorcycle Championship. What do they have 4 rounds in Spain? I guess it helps that Spanish riders win all the time and will win all 3 titles.....

Aragon is a great track btw! :thumbup:

oddlycalm
09-20-10, 02:33 PM
Definitely one of the better Tilke track designs. Dorna does seem to be a bit inward looking on their race calendar. Three GP's in Spain does seem a bit many.

Nice rides from Stoner, Spies and Hayden for a change.:thumbup:

oc

opinionated ow
09-20-10, 06:16 PM
Definitely one of the better Tilke track designs. Dorna does seem to be a bit inward looking on their race calendar. Three GP's in Spain does seem a bit many.

Nice rides from Stoner, Spies and Hayden for a change.:thumbup:

oc

4 in spain (was 3 but hungary didn't finish construction), 2 in italy. I think it makes sense to go where the crowds are. That's why I miss the euro gp at nurbugring, san marino gp @ imola, french grand prix etc.

oddlycalm
09-21-10, 04:20 AM
I think it makes sense to go where the crowds are.
Yeah, as opposed to a couple dozen sheikhs in the desert...:saywhat:

oc

emjaya
09-21-10, 08:05 AM
The USA has two races....:gomer:

It's not just where the crowds are, but more where tracks up to today's safety standards are.

stroker
09-21-10, 08:34 AM
The USA has two races....:gomer:

It's not just where the crowds are, but more where tracks up to today's safety standards are.

Assuming it ever gets built, Austin will probably be one.

Too bad we can't make "Frankentrack" out of the best corners of the tracks in the US. Turn 1 at Brainerd, Turn 5 and The Kink at Road America, the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca, that sort of thing...