PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Fit- Flav to Ferrari ?

Methanolandbrats
09-18-10, 10:56 AM
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-more-ferrari-visits-fuel-flavio-briatore-formula-one-rumors

NismoZ
09-18-10, 11:00 AM
Probably be better off nabbing Raikkonen instead. Massa to Brazillian trucks.

Indy
09-19-10, 11:22 AM
Wow, I hope this happens. It would raise the hopes of low-class douchetards everywhere.

SteveH
09-19-10, 12:43 PM
Flavio

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6841246.ece

Driven though he was, Briatore started modestly as a ski instructor, became a restaurant manager and then a travelling insurance salesman. One morning in 1979, his first business partner — Attilio Dutto, owner of a paint manufacturer — was killed in his car by a bomb explosion. The murder was never explained; but some observers noted that the previous owner of the company had been a Sicilian financier who laundered drugs money for the mafia’s Gambino family.

The company went broke and Briatore was sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison for fraudulent bankruptcy. He moved to the Virgin Islands and returned, after being granted an amnesty, to resurface in Milan, working at the stock exchange.

Briatore’s life restarted when his friend Luciano Benetton, founder of the clothing dynasty, recruited him to establish the Benetton company in America. “He’s a hooligan but he’s so simpatico,” Benetton said of him.

It was not until 1988 that he made his first visit to an F1 Grand Prix — in Adelaide, Australia, where the Benetton team was competing. Briatore was hooked and took over the running of the team. After signing a young driver called Michael Schumacher, he started winning — and the riches, yachts, champagne and women began to flow.

Wonder if he wears a thong? ;)

Methanolandbrats
09-19-10, 12:53 PM
He worked at a stock exchange :rofl: That figures.

Indy
09-19-10, 04:37 PM
Being a scumbag is profitable. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
09-20-10, 10:34 AM
After reading his story I think there might still be hope for me. I just need to find a rich guy who wants to hang out with me because he thinks I'm dangerous. :D

Fio1
09-20-10, 12:59 PM
Brilliant! Might as well fire Alonso and Massa and replace them with Fisichella and Badoer as well. Oh, and make sure the cars blow up after 15 laps ala 1980's turbo era. Therefore, they won't even have to fill them up all the way, Mauro Forghieri style! Also, have the drivers drink some Lambrusco on the grid before the race!

Didn't they realize that the only reason they dominated during the Schumi era was because there weren't any Italians in the top level; be it in engineering, constructions, design, management or driving? Keep Mario, Guido & Roberto in the kitchen to make the pasta or to polish the wheels, e basta!

oddlycalm
09-24-10, 05:31 PM
Elisabetta Gregoraci ( WonderBra model and Mrs Flav) - “He’s intelligent — and besides, he has a wonderful car and boat.”

Sure but has she seen him in a thong....? :gomer:

oc