PDA

View Full Version : Cab Chase

Methanolandbrats
09-12-10, 08:43 PM
I hope Burton wins, he seems like an actual human being, not that I really GAF, but I have SPEED on waiting for the Miller/Dave/Roping show.

grungex
09-22-10, 09:42 PM
Ruh-roh:

NASCAR looking at Bowyer's New Hampshire car: UPDATES: Two people familiar with the inspection process say NASCAR is taking a closer look at Clint Bowyer's race-winning car from New Hampshire. The #33 Chevy passed its initial inspection following Sunday's victory, but the people familiar with the situation say NASCAR discovered issues with the car in a more thorough inspection at its research and development center. They requested anonymity because the car is still being inspected. On Tuesday, NASCAR told RCR officials that Bowyer's chase-clinching car from Richmond came very close to failing inspection. Though NASCAR does not typically strip wins from drivers, a car that fails inspection would lead to a significant points penalty. Bowyer's wins pushed him to second from 12th in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, 35 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.(Associated Press/ESPN.com)(9-22-2010)

UPDATE: NASCAR has issued penalties, suspensions and fines as a result of rules infractions discovered this week during post-race inspection at the NASCAR Research and Development Center following last Sunday's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The #33 team was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3 (car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications) of the 2010 NASCAR Rule Book. As a result, crew chief Shane Wilson has been fined $150,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car chief Chad Haney has also been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Driver Clint Bowyer and owner Richard Childress have been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver and owner points, respectively. (NASCAR), the penalty drops Bowyer from 2nd in the driver point standings to 12th.(9-22-2010)

UPDATE 2: RCR Statement: "First of all, I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, our fans and everyone at RCR for the situation that has resulted from this ruling. RCR has a long-standing reputation of integrity on and off the race track. We pride ourselves on working within the rules established by the sanctioning body. NASCAR informed us after the Richmond race that we were very close to their maximum tolerances. They also told us they were going to take our New Hampshire car to the NASCAR Technical Center after that race. It doesn't make any sense at all that we would send a car to New Hampshire that wasn't within NASCAR's tolerances. I am confident we fixed the area of concern and the New Hampshire car left the race shop well within the tolerances required by NASCAR. We feel certain that the cause of the car being out of tolerance by sixty thousandths of an inch, less than 1/16 of an inch, happened as a result of the wrecker hitting the rear bumper when it pushed the car into winner's circle. The rear bumper was also hit on the cool down lap by other drivers congratulating Clint on his victory. That's the only logical way that the left-rear of the car was found to be high at the tech center. We will appeal NASCAR's ruling and take it all the way to the NASCAR commissioner for a final ruling, if need be."(RCR)(9-22-2010)

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news33wed

Methanolandbrats
09-22-10, 09:58 PM
My World is shattered :cry:

Indy
09-22-10, 11:59 PM
****ing yahoos.

Michaelhatesfans
09-23-10, 01:05 AM
As I say when I see you guys complaining about IRL races, "That's what you get for watching."

No pity.

NismoZ
09-23-10, 07:35 AM
"Cooldown" strategy, hit the guy on his cooldown lap.:rofl: (Who was it btw?) You know the old saying, "The race ain't over even when it's over.":gomer:

oddlycalm
09-24-10, 05:37 PM
"Cooldown" strategy, hit the guy on his cooldown lap.:rofl: (Who was it btw?) You know the old saying, "The race ain't over even when it's over.":gomer:

Those are the traditional post-race congratulatory collisions...:gomer:

oc

NismoZ
09-24-10, 09:12 PM
Yeah, "Cogratulations. BAM! You lose!":D

pchall
09-25-10, 10:02 AM
Isn't Nazicrapcar done yet? I thought I might come home to blissful on the airwaves. After alll, I am a Bangles fan.

TrueBrit
09-26-10, 08:54 PM
Isn't Nazicrapcar done yet? I thought I might come home to blissful on the airwaves. After alll, I am a Bangles fan.

Dunno but there were a whole bunch of fans wearing their aluminium seat disguises at the track today...wow..things ARE bad when even the Neckcar fans don't go to the track..

Methanolandbrats
09-26-10, 09:16 PM
Oh man, they dragged out Jeff Hammond to explain the Bowyer penalty, "60/1000 of an inch creates more downforce"...........:rofl: Now these hillbilly dicks are goin' Hatfield and McCoy in the garage. :laugh:

cameraman
09-26-10, 11:03 PM
All I know is there were no Singapore podiums shown and the post race interview was shortened and delayed half an hour to show some multi hour pre-race nascab crap. :flame:

oddlycalm
09-27-10, 03:43 AM
Oh man, they dragged out Jeff Hammond to explain the Bowyer penalty, "60/1000 of an inch creates more downforce"...........:rofl:
Yup, a change of .060" would make a noticeable difference on an F1 wing but on one of those pig iron pokers somewhere between zero and nada would be just about right. :gomer:

I guess they need something to talk about during the wall to wall coverage of every conceivable detail. If there was ever an activity (as opposed to racing) that was grossly overexposed this is it. :irked:

oc

Oh, and by the way, NASCAR is measuring all of this with a frickin stick. That's right, no laser rig like in F1 or Champcar, a guy with a fancied up stick...:D

Rogue Leader
09-27-10, 09:11 AM
Yup, a change of .060" would make a noticeable difference on an F1 wing but on one of those pig iron pokers somewhere between zero and nada would be just about right. :gomer:

I guess they need something to talk about during the wall to wall coverage of every conceivable detail. If there was ever an activity (as opposed to racing) that was grossly overexposed this is it. :irked:

oc

Oh, and by the way, NASCAR is measuring all of this with a frickin stick. That's right, no laser rig like in F1 or Champcar, a guy with a fancied up stick...:D

Which is exactly what allows them to make up the rules as they go along and put the fix in and set up "drama" like the "altercation" between Harvick and Hamlin.

SteveH
09-27-10, 09:20 AM
All I know is there were no Singapore podiums shown and the post race interview was shortened and delayed half an hour to show some multi hour pre-race nascab crap. :flame:

double that :flame::flame:

Elmo T
09-27-10, 09:45 AM

:mad:

I thought it was a problem with my DVR. :saywhat:

TKGAngel
09-27-10, 10:21 AM
Which is exactly what allows them to make up the rules as they go along and put the fix in and set up "drama" like the "altercation" between Harvick and Hamlin.

I dunno if the whole Hamlin/Harvick thing was faked, considering multiple people at JGR have told Denny to STFU regarding the whole thing. And Denny has been known to shoot his mouth off before (see his Twitter fine earlier this year).

things ARE bad when even the Neckcar fans don't go to the track.

There was an article published around the time of the Bristol race last month that said that while a lot of fans could afford the tickets, they were having problems affording the hotel room. One fellow made the comment that he was seeing rates of $300 for a standard room at a Hampton Inn. (Nothing against the perfectly cromulent rooms at the Hampton Inn, but that's an absurd rate.) He went on to explain that his family went to the NFL HoF ceremonies instead for less money than it would have cost them to go to Bristol.

Rogue Leader
09-27-10, 11:51 AM
I dunno if the whole Hamlin/Harvick thing was faked, considering multiple people at JGR have told Denny to STFU regarding the whole thing. And Denny has been known to shoot his mouth off before (see his Twitter fine earlier this year).

Ohh I don't think it was faked so much as NASCAR stirs the pot with selective rule enforcement and punishment and other little things that they know will put the "fix" in. Its not WWE or anything, but they definitely help things along when its in the best interests of "the show".

dando
09-27-10, 12:36 PM
There was an article published around the time of the Bristol race last month that said that while a lot of fans could afford the tickets, they were having problems affording the hotel room. One fellow made the comment that he was seeing rates of $300 for a standard room at a Hampton Inn. (Nothing against the perfectly cromulent rooms at the Hampton Inn, but that's an absurd rate.) He went on to explain that his family went to the NFL HoF ceremonies instead for less money than it would have cost them to go to Bristol.

Bristol is the epitome of BFE. The only hotels nearby are few and far between, with many folks needing to stay a few hours away in Bluefield, WV or Wytheville, VA. The same is likely true for the race in Martinsville (assuming they still race there). It's like Super Bowl week for those places. Not justifying, just sayin'.

-Kevin

Rogue Leader
09-27-10, 12:42 PM
Bristol is the epitome of BFE. The only hotels nearby are few and far between, with many folks needing to stay a few hours away in Bluefield, WV or Wytheville, VA. The same is likely true for the race in Martinsville (assuming they still race there). It's like Super Bowl week for those places. Not justifying, just sayin'.

-Kevin

Bristol is one of the few races thats a sellout every year as well IIRC, so somebody somewhere is paying it.

dando
09-27-10, 01:13 PM
Bristol is one of the few races thats a sellout every year as well IIRC, so somebody somewhere is paying it.

They actually advertised for the races this year, so they are starting to hurt as well. I saw a bunch of bare metal in the stands during the highlights of yesterday's race @ the Monster Mile.

-Kevin