PDA

View Full Version : Gametime - NFL 2010 / 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

WickerBill
09-09-10, 02:50 PM
Preseason is over. It starts tonight! I'm rooting for 38-0 and lots of Tavaris Jackson.

Don Quixote
09-09-10, 03:23 PM
Browns are on a 4 game win streak from last season. SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!! :D

dando
09-09-10, 04:59 PM
Preseason is over. It starts tonight!

Favreulous! :gomer: :p :thumbup:

-Kevin

BarillaGirl
09-09-10, 07:46 PM
Favreulous! :gomer: :p :thumbup:

-Kevin

:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Methanolandbrats
09-09-10, 07:57 PM
That ironman streak has to end someday :D

Don Quixote
09-09-10, 09:45 PM
great, so we have another favre thread. :gomer:

Dave99
09-10-10, 12:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/cheer.jpg

nrc
09-10-10, 01:17 AM
So have the Saints lost some firepower this year or is the Vikings defense just that good?

WickerBill
09-10-10, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure how the Saints didn't throw over Asher Allen's head all night long and score 50. With Summer's Eve being basically 0-second half, it really should have been a slaughter.

Garrett Hartley has one more game before he's cut.

nrc
09-10-10, 11:05 AM
Garrett Hartley has one more game before he's cut.

Shayne Graham is sitting by the phone.

Easy
09-10-10, 03:00 PM
Great to have my second sport back. F1 and NFL is all I have left that I am actually a "fan" of.

/Hoping for 3-13 so Angelo, Lovie and Phillips wind up in the UFL for 2011.

Andrew Longman
09-10-10, 03:15 PM
Predicting Giants will do OK. Could well win the division because I think the skins and igles will suck. Boys will find some way to lose.

Predicting Jets lose first two game and Sanchez and Rex start to crack under NY media hype and pressure. Rex through out too many bulletin board quotes all summer on national TV. Should provide plenty of Schadenfreude moments this fall. :)

Ready for the season but to tell you the truth I am more excited that tonight is the first game for Del Val High School and that Sunday in my son Nick's second Pop Warner game (I am an assistant coach). Football, and winning and losing, is so much more real at that level. I have far more respect for the strength of their character than most of the dimwits in the NFL (esp. Cinncy :gomer:)

dando
09-12-10, 01:35 PM
Oh boy...quite the start for the Bungles. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

G.
09-12-10, 04:22 PM
don't care what the ruling was, the Lions scored that TD.

If that is a correct interpretation of the rule, then it's a stupid rule.

Yeah, Bears fan, BTW.

SteveH
09-12-10, 04:35 PM
don't care what the ruling was, the Lions scored that TD.

If that is a correct interpretation of the rule, then it's a stupid rule.

This Bears fan agrees.

extramundane
09-12-10, 04:44 PM
Watched Stillers/Falcons earlier- whoever decided to put Jim Mora in the booth needs to be beaten with a sharp stick. :yuck:

NismoZ
09-12-10, 05:02 PM
Geez, thought I'd be the first, but...I've played, I've coached, I've watched and I NEVER saw or heard of a "process" ruling like that. Two hands solidly on the ball, one foot down, 2nd foot down, spins toward the ground, one step, two steps, hip AND butt down...IN the endzone, far beyond the plane, continues the spin with ball in one hand now, hits it hard to the ground and it bounces free...INCOMPLETE! Whoa. Yikes, and Bear fan here too. The only thing I can say is, as spectacular a catch as it was, it was no better than Forte's a few moments earlier. I hope someone got a shot of him turning and catching it in mid-flight!

Methanolandbrats
09-12-10, 05:12 PM
GB v Eagles..........................Weaver :saywhat: Not for sensitive of stomach. Poor guy.

TKGAngel
09-12-10, 05:40 PM
Damn, I had Week 2 in the "How Long Until Poz Gets Hurt" Pool.

Based on today's game, it's going to be a long season. :(

ETA: How was the "1" salute by the players received elsewhere around the league? It was booed here.

WickerBill
09-12-10, 06:03 PM
Detroit gets jobbed of a perfect game in the summer and a 1-0 record in the fall. Sports hates Detroit.

The rule states that you have to complete your touchdown dance with possession before the touchdown counts. But if you're a running back, you just have to get the tip of the ball into the plane of the goal for 1 nanosecond, then you're allowed to fumble.

If that play happens at the 50, he is called down by contact. Pisses me off.

BTW, I won the "how long until Bob Sanders is injured" pool -- first series.

dando
09-12-10, 11:00 PM
Good news for Bungles fan....they only had 2 penalties for 5 yards. Progress. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gnam
09-13-10, 12:17 AM
The rule states that you have to complete your touchdown dance with possession before the touchdown counts. But if you're a running back, you just have to get the tip of the ball into the plane of the goal for 1 nanosecond, then you're allowed to fumble.

During the Raiders/Titans game, Titan WR Nate Washington leaped across the goal line and simultaneously threw the ball thru the back of the end zone. He landed without possession. TD! At least the zebras are consistent. :shakehead

Lovie Smith better write a letter to the league tomorrow accepting the win under protest. ;)

In 49er news: "Oh no! We suck again!"

chop456
09-13-10, 01:32 AM
This Bears fan agrees.

I am Third. :D

Don Quixote
09-13-10, 08:45 AM
Cutler only had 1 int????? Maybe he is the real deal. :)

BarillaGirl
09-13-10, 08:58 AM

Totally agree. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: This sport was not started with high-def cameras and micrometers, and it should not go in that direction. Looked like a touchdown to me.

dando
09-13-10, 09:24 AM
Tampa Bay vs. Rams '99 NFC Championship redux. :thumdown: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-13-10, 09:52 AM

I saw the play in highlights and before even knowing there was a controversy I said, "That's not a touchdown!".

The rule for several years has stated that you have to come all the way down to the ground and maintain possession (or make a "football" move). He did not.

If we all recall this rule was made to do away with the frustrating judgment calls constantly second guessed in replay about whether the receiver had control long enough to call it a catch. The rule is the same in the end zone as the 50.

That's the rule and before we get all huffy about whether the rule is stupid how about the fact that the receiver is a professional playing a fairly simple position with only a few relevant rules? All he had to do was tuck the ball as he came to the ground and it is a touchdown.

How about asking the receiver to care more about actually scoring a touchdown according to the rules than beginning his self absorbed, self important victory dance? Sometime I wonder what WRs study/practice more.

Andrew Longman
09-13-10, 09:58 AM
My NFC East prediction is starting to gain validity. Giants won. Decisively beat a team they lost to the end of last year.

Iggles don't look great and begin a QB controversy.

Cowboys found MANY ways to lose. Too many stupid penalties, especially at key moments killed them.

Skins offense didn't look great even if McNabb is an upgrade. Only won because Boys lost.

Boys defense looks good as does the Skins but what's up with the standing D line? That oughta work. Not.

WickerBill
09-13-10, 11:06 AM
You're absolutely crazy (in this context). His hip made hard contact with the turf and he maintained possession. He rolled over, placed the ball on the ground himself (did not have anything to do with the play) in order to get up, and it squirted free. It didn't have to do with the catch or the tackle.

But THIS was somehow a touchdown. Look closely at the ball at the very end (NFL made some nice edits here, but you can still see it squirt free from the contact): http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81a7d381/Redskins-Hall-flips-the-script

Andrew Longman
09-13-10, 11:23 AM
You're absolutely crazy (in this context). His hip made hard contact with the turf and he maintained possession. He rolled over, placed the ball on the ground himself (did not have anything to do with the play) in order to get up, and it squirted free. It didn't have to do with the catch or the tackle.

But THIS was somehow a touchdown. Look closely at the ball at the very end (NFL made some nice edits here, but you can still see it squirt free from the contact): http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81a7d381/Redskins-Hall-flips-the-script

We'll be disagreeing.

The ball came out of his hand as it hit the ground. It was not in his possession all the way through his process of hitting the ground. Yes his feet and hip hit the ground prior, but he was still in the process of going down and the ground knocked the ball out of his hand. (Or he let go, but that would be even worse IMO because he should KNOW what the rule is and hang on to the ball all the way to the ground).

And that seems to be the point everyone is missing. Regardless of whether the rule is good and whether it was called correctly, the rule is the rule and the receiver had every opportunity to pull the ball in and complete the catch according to rules that he as a professional should know.

As for the Skins TD, completely different situation. Rules regarding a catch don't apply (those rules determine if the ball broke the plane/was in the end zone under control during a pass). In the Skins game the runner had possession of the ball and broke the plane or the goal line with the ball. Simple

Elmo T
09-13-10, 03:54 PM
E-A-G-L.....:rolleyes: yea, go ahead kids, you can put iCarly on....

dando
09-13-10, 04:24 PM
go ahead kids, you can put iCarly on....

:saywhat:

-Kevin

Elmo T
09-13-10, 04:40 PM
I guess I am a fair weather fan - most folks 'round these parts were more interested in the skins game.

The Kolb era? Really?? :laugh:

I will remember the IRL as the Billy Boat era.

dando
09-13-10, 05:04 PM
I guess I am a fair weather fan - most folks 'round these parts were more interested in the skins game.

I will remember the IRL as the Billy Boat era.

I was more :saywhat: due to iCarly...you could have @ least had them switch to the WDW and DL specials that were on Travel Channel yesterday AM. Reruns, but always fun to watch. I almost flipped them on during the Bungles debacle. :gomer: :irked:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-13-10, 06:42 PM

Billy Boat indeed. I prefer the Donnie Beechler era. :gomer:

They gave up McNabb with what plan? Even odds the Iggles lose at least one game to the Skins too.:shakehead

My parents are very confused. They moved to your parts a few years ago and they still don't get this whole Iggles infection, yet they need to keep up just to have a dinner conversation. I am their link to "reality" which is a bad plan.

WickerBill
09-13-10, 10:35 PM
I noticed Andy Reid is as good as ever with his timeouts.

dando
09-14-10, 09:48 AM
xGDoJPvDhAo

:gomer:

-Kevin

stroker
09-14-10, 12:28 PM
Can you blame him? I'd probably eat her, too.
:o

Don Quixote
09-14-10, 01:11 PM
Can you blame him? I'd probably eat her, too.
:oWe were all thinking it, but you said it. :D

TrueBrit
09-14-10, 01:56 PM
This Bears fan agrees.

And this one..The Lions got jobbed on that one...and the Bears are in a world of trouble if the Lions gave them this much stick..can you imagine how bad they will do against good teams?

stroker
09-14-10, 08:02 PM
Well, the Packers just took a big hit losing Grant for the season.

Crap.

Suggestions on the best of the free agent halfbacks available?

WickerBill
09-14-10, 09:04 PM
Brandon Jackson is by far the best option. Pick him up. The Pack have nobody else to run; he will get 25 carries a game.

Maroney just got traded to Denver, fyi.

Gnam
09-16-10, 09:00 PM
The Raiders home opener against the St. Louis Rams will be blacked out.

No surprise there, but according to the story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/09/16/sports/s144124D79.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0zkAzBvrn) Oakland has had 77 of 121 regular-season home games blacked out since moving back from LA for the 1995 season.

That is just sad. :shakehead

WickerBill
09-16-10, 10:05 PM
Raiders and Chargers both not selling out. Looks like the race to LA is on...

Don Quixote
09-16-10, 10:45 PM
And we all know they will sell out every game in LA!

Gnam
09-18-10, 04:08 AM
Strike & Lockout? Sure that'll fix things... :shakehead

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-teams-preparing-for-lockout-fight-091710?GT1=39002

Insomniac
09-18-10, 03:45 PM
Late to the party, but just as the tuck rule was applied correctly (even though everyone would say it's a fumble just looking at it) the rule was applied correctly to Johnson. Bill Polian stated it best. Show the ref the ball. If you're falling to the ground making a catch, get up and show the ref the ball. The bigger problem is, no one has boiled this rule down to the refs because they still apply it differently.

Also, any ball carrier (that includes a WR who has caught the ball) just has to put the ball across the goal line to score and immediately end the play. The important factor is is they had to have established possession of the ball first before breaking the plane of the goal line.

Looking forward to the Pats-Jets game tomorrow.

nrc
09-18-10, 07:50 PM
Strike & Lockout? Sure that'll fix things... :shakehead

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-teams-preparing-for-lockout-fight-091710?GT1=39002

To me, decertification of the NFLPA would seem to play into the hands of the big market owners would would like to turn it into a league of have and have nots. It's ultimate the NFLs ability to operate as a single business that has made the money that the players want to keep their fat slice of.

WickerBill
09-18-10, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to the Pats-Jets game tomorrow.

Pats signed Danny Woodhead, who was with the Jets all summer and was cut during the week. Wonder how much he's getting paid to dump Jets info to Belichick...

Methanolandbrats
09-18-10, 10:36 PM
The NFL generates nearly $8 billion in revenues annually, with about $1 billion going to operating expenses. The owners get about 40 percent of the rest, but they want about $1.3 billion more before the players get their cut, and they'd like two more regular-season games to get more money out of the networks for everyone.

Jeeebus, these guys make Bernie look like a lighweight. :eek:

Insomniac
09-18-10, 11:30 PM
Pats signed Danny Woodhead, who was with the Jets all summer and was cut during the week. Wonder how much he's getting paid to dump Jets info to Belichick...

That happens all the time. There's a great quote from Belichick on it a few years back. They were asking him about another team (I think the Jets) picking up one of their players. He said something like, "You don't think they have our playbook in New York (Mangini)? In Cleveland (Crennel)? They wrote it." At the end of the day, you still have to line up and make the plays.

Insomniac
09-18-10, 11:36 PM
To me, decertification of the NFLPA would seem to play into the hands of the big market owners would would like to turn it into a league of have and have nots. It's ultimate the NFLs ability to operate as a single business that has made the money that the players want to keep their fat slice of.

I don't think any owner wants to do that. They just want the player costs down so they can go back to sharing only the money they earn collectively. Kudos to Gene Upshaw, but the stupidest thing the owners did was switching from designated gross revenue to total revenue. The union will never go back and now they have this mess where they want more off the top before they divide the pie.

EDwardo
09-19-10, 04:25 PM
Chiefs 2-0. I wasn't expecting that. The win over the Browns wasn't pretty but I'll take it.

SteveH
09-19-10, 04:33 PM
Da Bears :thumbup:

Gnam
09-19-10, 05:29 PM
Chiefs 2-0. I wasn't expecting that. The win over the Browns wasn't pretty but I'll take it.

Farve 0-2. He wasn't expecting that. The losses weren't pretty but the fans will take 'em. :p

EDwardo
09-19-10, 05:42 PM
Farve 0-2. He wasn't expecting that. The losses weren't pretty but the fans will take 'em. :p

I heard he might retire after this season.:eek:

extramundane
09-19-10, 05:54 PM
Thank You, local CBS affiliate, for showing Miami vs Favres instead of either the Steelers or Ravens games. Without your actions, I might never have checked out the RedZone channel.

WickerBill
09-19-10, 07:43 PM
Broncos win big, Favre padding his world record interception record, both of his old teams win, Cowboys lose, Pats lose... good day of football.

Methanolandbrats
09-19-10, 07:49 PM
Aaron Rodgers :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Dude can chuck the pig.

TKGAngel
09-19-10, 08:13 PM

Trent Edwards. :thumdown::thumdown::thumdown: Dude does not seem to grasp the concept of getting rid of the ball.

WickerBill
09-19-10, 08:14 PM

I hope they go to the super bowl. They are fun to watch.

(Of course, I hope the Vikings go the year after Summer's Eve leaves them)

WickerBill
09-19-10, 08:18 PM
Trent Edwards. :thumdown::thumdown::thumdown: Dude does not seem to grasp the concept of getting rid of the ball.

The Bills need to get a guy like Polian back in there. Why did they let him go? If I were Ralphie, I'd pay Gruden big bucks to come coach the team, get an up-and-coming GM, and leave it alone for 4 years.

Methanolandbrats
09-19-10, 08:39 PM
I hope they go to the super bowl. They are fun to watch.

(Of course, I hope the Vikings go the year after Summer's Eve leaves them)

0-2.......that keeps up coach might be leaving with him.

BarillaGirl
09-19-10, 08:41 PM
I heard he might retire after this season.:eek:

I heard he might come back for just one more year! :eek::eek:

TKGAngel
09-19-10, 08:46 PM
The Bills need to get a guy like Polian back in there. Why did they let him go? If I were Ralphie, I'd pay Gruden big bucks to come coach the team, get an up-and-coming GM, and leave it alone for 4 years.

Since I was 11 when Polian was fired, I had to look it up. One story says that he lost an internal power struggle within the team. The other story says that he called Ralph's daughter (god rest her soul) a word that rhymes with "punt" and Ralph took offense.

I have no idea what needs to be done, but I have this odd feeling that the team is going to end up with a Top 5 draft pick this year.

EDwardo
09-19-10, 08:54 PM
I heard he might come back for just one more year! :eek::eek:

This may need its' own thread!
;)

chop456
09-20-10, 06:15 AM
Hey Mr. Quixote. Guess who's leading the league in QB rating? :laugh:

:blindpigsacornssunshineanddogsassesetc:

Don Quixote
09-20-10, 08:10 AM
Hey Mr. Quixote. Guess who's leading the league in QB rating? :laugh:

:blindpigsacornssunshineanddogsassesetc:What, do you think I have something against Mr. Cutler? :D I will wait around a little while for the impending implosion.

dando
09-20-10, 09:42 AM
All I can say is Nuuuuuuuge! And I said that far too much yesterday. :saywhat: :irked: Hence why my throat is a tad sore today. :( Thankfully our PK didn't cramp up. :gomer:

-Kevin

RaceGrrl
09-20-10, 11:12 AM
Richard and I are both pretty hoarse today too. What section/row were you in?

dando
09-20-10, 11:19 AM
Richard and I are both pretty hoarse today too. What section/row were you in?

339. Right on the 40 yard line, but the oxygen was thin. :saywhat: A game Woody Jr. would have been proud of. :irked: ;)

-Kevin

RaceGrrl
09-20-10, 02:47 PM
We're in 342. Yeah, I'd have preferred to see TDs instead of FGs, but I'll take the win. :)

dando
09-20-10, 04:32 PM
We're in 342. Yeah, I'd have preferred to see TDs instead of FGs, but I'll take the win. :)

You sound like my wife after the W against The U...."I don't care if they win by 1/2 a point." ;) Just good to see Nuge back in '02/'03 form. :thumbup:

-Kevin

nrc
09-20-10, 10:49 PM
Happy to see the Ravens whining about officiating again. I seem to recall that's what they blamed for their early season loss to the Bengals last year.

Yeah, the roughing call was ticky tack but the Bengals have had that same call against them. And tripping is tripping. If a lineman does the same thing to a linebacker it's the same call.

Insomniac
09-21-10, 11:29 AM
Happy to see the Ravens whining about officiating again. I seem to recall that's what they blamed for their early season loss to the Bengals last year.

Yeah, the roughing call was ticky tack but the Bengals have had that same call against them. And tripping is tripping. If a lineman does the same thing to a linebacker it's the same call.

They did the same thing in their loss to the Patriots. Then they came back and demolished them in the playoffs. :(

dando
09-21-10, 11:33 AM
They did the same thing in their loss to the Patriots. Then they came back and demolished them in the playoffs. :(

No Welker, no Pats.

-Kevin

dando
09-21-10, 12:37 PM

And Harbaugh gets fined for his verbal and physical antics towards the refs. Priceless. :thumbup: :laugh:

-Kevin

Elmo T
09-22-10, 06:33 AM
I noticed Andy Reid is as good as ever with his timeouts.

And designating his starting QB?

Kolb: Badly used in Reid's QB transition. (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/20100922_Ashley_Fox___Kolb__Badly_used_in_Reid_s_Q B_transition_.html)

At least Kevin Kolb got a $10.7 million signing bonus before his coach emasculated him. He's got that money, and little else, now that Andy Reid has done an about-face and installed Michael Vick as the Eagles starting quarterback.

:shakehead

Insomniac
09-22-10, 10:23 AM
And designating his starting QB?

Kolb: Badly used in Reid's QB transition. (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/20100922_Ashley_Fox___Kolb__Badly_used_in_Reid_s_Q B_transition_.html)

:shakehead

Seems like a good thing. He's not being stubborn. See what Vick can continue to do.

Methanolandbrats
09-22-10, 10:47 AM
Hmmmm...The Packers almost killed Kolb....literally.........then Vick came in and Packers couldn't catch him.........it was like chasing an escaped pit bull.

extramundane
09-22-10, 10:55 AM
See what Vick can continue to do.

Hopefully it involves emulating Joe Thiesmann.

Insomniac
09-22-10, 01:16 PM
More problems for New England (I know, lot's of sorrow around here. ;)). Kevin Faulk is out for the season with a torn ACL. As if 3rd down wasn't bad enough in the 2nd half last week...

WickerBill
09-22-10, 02:56 PM
Hmmmm...The Packers almost killed Kolb....literally.........then Vick came in and Packers couldn't catch him.........it was like chasing an escaped pit bull.

*clap* *clap*

nrc
09-24-10, 12:32 AM
I signed up for NFL Rewind since it looks like there are at least a few games that we'll have to catch at a sports bar or not at all. Rewind has all the games available the morning of the next day.

The quality is pretty good on our 8Mbps connection but the playback controls are pretty limited. One nice thing is that they have all the plays indexed and you can search for and jump to specific plays.

Wheel-Nut
09-24-10, 01:15 PM
Go Texans! Beat the Cowboys.

http://cdn4.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/67/85067-67.jpg

Methanolandbrats
09-24-10, 01:31 PM

http://cdn4.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/67/85067-67.jpg

I would think that seam might cause painful chafing.

STD
09-24-10, 01:54 PM
Barbie dolls chaf?

Methanolandbrats
09-24-10, 02:21 PM
Barbie dolls chaf?

Don't know, but I'm willing to dive into the research.

dando
09-25-10, 11:40 AM
I signed up for NFL Rewind since it looks like there are at least a few games that we'll have to catch at a sports bar or not at all. Rewind has all the games available the morning of the next day.

The quality is pretty good on our 8Mbps connection but the playback controls are pretty limited. One nice thing is that they have all the plays indexed and you can search for and jump to specific plays.

Cleveburg vs. Bmore on here rather than the Who Deys vs. Panthers? :irked: :saywhat: :flame: I guess I'll be listening to Lap going bonkers on the radio while doing yard work instead. On a side note, it's a sad, sad day when WLW stopped carrying the Who Dey games (just realized that last week in Cincy). :thumdown:

-Kevin

dando
09-25-10, 11:43 AM

We need a camel toes thread. :gomer:

My favorite teams are anyone playing against the NYY, Cowboys or Wolverines. :thumbup: :D

-Kevin

dando
09-25-10, 11:44 AM
More problems for New England (I know, lot's of sorrow around here. ;)). Kevin Faulk is out for the season with a torn ACL. As if 3rd down wasn't bad enough in the 2nd half last week...

My crocodile is crying right now. :gomer: MC 13 is available, BTW. ;)

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-25-10, 03:06 PM
My crocodile is crying right now. :gomer: MC 13 is available, BTW. ;)

-Kevin

I hope it's the return of the dink and dunk, and Brady's favorite WR being the open one.

Troy Brown was saying at times they'd tell the WR, just get 4-5 yds, you're our running game.

dando
09-25-10, 07:06 PM
I hope it's the return of the dink and dunk, and Brady's favorite WR being the open one.

Troy Brown was saying at times they'd tell the WR, just get 4-5 yds, you're our running game.

Absent Corey Dillon, Welker has pretty much been the Pats running game. 'tis why they stunk it up @ the end of last season. Welker can diaf. ;)

-Kevin

nrc
09-25-10, 08:26 PM
Cleveburg vs. Bmore on here rather than the Who Deys vs. Panthers? :irked: :saywhat: :flame: I guess I'll be listening to Lap going bonkers on the radio while doing yard work instead. On a side note, it's a sad, sad day when WLW stopped carrying the Who Dey games (just realized that last week in Cincy). :thumdown:

-Kevin

Normally WLW carries the games after Bassball season is over.

dando
09-25-10, 09:56 PM
Normally WLW carries the games after Bassball season is over.

Yes, but the new 1530 E$PN Radio suggests otherwise.

-Kevin

EDwardo
09-26-10, 04:08 PM
Chiefs 2-0. I wasn't expecting that.

Now 3-0. I wasn't expecting that either.

STD
09-26-10, 04:57 PM
That is true and I'll take it the way it is. :thumbup:

http://www.thejockrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/chiefs-logo.jpg

I also recall some saying the much improved coaching staff would be too busy sucking down BBQ! :laugh:

dando
09-26-10, 05:08 PM

You'll have to let me know if CP looked as bad as it sounded on the radio, or if the OL just sucked (especially Roland). :saywhat: Needless to say I muttered a few four-letter words doing yard work. :irked:

-Kevin

nrc
09-26-10, 09:33 PM
You'll have to let me know if CP looked as bad as it sounded on the radio, or if the OL just sucked (especially Roland). :saywhat: Needless to say I muttered a few four-letter words doing yard work. :irked:

Palmer was pretty bad today. Pressure and the weather had something to do with it, but there were still too many just plain bad decisions and bad throws.

On the bright side, Gresham is a monster and Shipley is always in the right place. So Palmer has someplace to go when the the Dynamic Duo are doubled up. If he can hit the target.

Gnam
09-27-10, 12:39 AM
That is true and I'll take it the way it is. :thumbup:

http://www.thejockrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/chiefs-logo.jpg

I also recall some saying the much improved coaching staff would be too busy sucking down BBQ! :laugh:

SOB. Niners got scalped. :cry:
Even odds they dismantle both the Raiders and 49ers to make one super awful team.