PDA

View Full Version : Gametime - NFL 2010 / 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

dando
11-21-10, 05:23 PM
Someone help me out here...I'm trying to find the words to describe the Bungles performance today. Putrid just seems so weak. Up 28-7 @ the half, outscored 42-3 in the second. Pathetic. Thank God I didn't witness it, nor will I be able to see the Turkey Day game vs. the J-E-T-S. :saywhat: ==> :irked: ==> :mad: ==> :flame: x 11. On the bright side, @ least we didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the Clowns. :gomer:

nrc, if I were you I would file suit for fraud again the Bungholes. You bought tix to see a professional football team. This isn't one. On any planet.

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-21-10, 05:27 PM
Dude, the Browns would whip the Bengals right now. Probably not wise to compare the two. One is on the rise, one is languishing and needs a complete overhaul.

The Browns have a better coach. And their coach is Mangini. How's that feel?

dando
11-21-10, 05:56 PM
Dude, the Browns would whip the Bengals right now. Probably not wise to compare the two. One is on the rise, one is languishing and needs a complete overhaul.

The Browns have a better coach. And their coach is Mangini. How's that feel?

Comparing the two? :laugh: Better go back to school to learn how to read and comprehend English, WB. :saywhat: :shakehead The Clowns have beaten the Saints, Pats and took the J-E-T-S to OT over the past three weeks, and I'm claiming the Bungles are better than them? :rofl: That was a poke @ Windmill Guy. This team is worse than any team in the David Shula era. I get that. BTW, you let your dislike for me color how you interpret my posts. I give it to my teams as much as I give it to others. Get over yourself. Out.

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-21-10, 06:20 PM
Someone help me out here...I'm trying to find the words to describe the Bungles performance today. Putrid just seems so weak. Up 28-7 @ the half, outscored 42-3 in the second. Pathetic. Thank God I didn't witness it, nor will I be able to see the Turkey Day game vs. the J-E-T-S. :saywhat: ==> :irked: ==> :mad: ==> :flame: x 11. On the bright side, @ least we didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the Clowns. :gomer:

nrc, if I were you I would file suit for fraud again the Bungholes. You bought tix to see a professional football team. This isn't one. On any planet.

-Kevin

I'm just as gobsmacked as you are that the game went the way it did. Hochuli had two serious bungles in the first half and most Bills fans were contemplating changing their TVs to the "watching paint dry" channel. I'd love to know who said what to who in the Bills locker room at the half to cause that much of a turnaround in play.

WickerBill
11-21-10, 08:27 PM
That was a poke @ Windmill Guy.

And that was a poke at you. Wow buddy, I'm sorry. You beat a heck of a lot harder on me about the Broncos.

nrc
11-21-10, 08:42 PM
. On the bright side, @ least we didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like the Clowns. :gomer:

No, the Bengals didn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, they just laid down at half-time and kind of let it oooze all over them. :flame:

Don Quixote
11-21-10, 09:06 PM
I think WB is becoming a Browns fan! :thumbup:

nrc
11-21-10, 09:33 PM
This team is worse than any team in the David Shula era. I get that.

I don' believe that. Most of David Shula's teams would have never had that kind of lead in the first place. Maybe I'll change my mind after the Jets take them apart on Thursday.

I still hang most of it i on Bratkowski and the lack of execution on offense. The defense was decimated and there was little hope that they would keep the Bills from rolling up yards in the second half. But if the offense had been able to do anything at all they likely would have still won.

On top of that I think that Lewis has now really lost this team. He started without the control that most coaches have and you add his lack of a contract, the looming labor issues, and now a lost cause season and some folks are just out there punching the clock.

Gnam
11-22-10, 02:59 AM
Top 10 49ers Offensive Plays:
1. Snap the ball
2. Punt
3. Run for no yards
4. Pass for no yards
5. Incomplete pass
6. Sack
7. Interception
8. Fumble
9. Holding
10. Give it T. Smith & pray

:shakehead

Don Quixote
11-22-10, 10:22 AM
Bengals-Jets sure looked like a good Tday night game when the season started.

extramundane
11-22-10, 10:35 AM
Timing is everything.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3797/500xvickscroll.jpg

extramundane
11-22-10, 01:27 PM
Sounds like Coach Tobias Fünke just got his walking papers (http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Glazer/status/6755156213366784). Hopefully New Coach will have the stones to rectify the most glaring problem.

WickerBill
11-22-10, 04:43 PM
If Frazier benches Favre, guess who is rooting for the Vikings to win out...

chop456
11-23-10, 02:24 AM
Maybe they could trade him for Orton.

Insomniac
11-23-10, 02:15 PM
If Frazier benches Favre, guess who is rooting for the Vikings to win out...

Looks like you will have to wait longer to root for the Vikings.

cameraman
11-25-10, 08:44 PM
The Saints are hating life right now.

WickerBill
11-25-10, 09:00 PM
This is the best Thanksgiving day game I can remember since Leon Lett.

cameraman
11-25-10, 09:05 PM
That didn't take long.

WickerBill
11-25-10, 10:09 PM
Oh, and FOX announced the Super Bowl halftime show: Black Eyed Peas.

I'm not a fan of theirs, but at least it isn't catering to the over-60 crowd. On mute, which it will be on my TV, Fergie's a lot better to look at than Roger Daltrey was last year.

stroker
11-25-10, 10:23 PM
Oh, and FOX announced the Super Bowl halftime show: Black Eyed Peas.

I'm not a fan of theirs, but at least it isn't catering to the over-60 crowd. On mute, which it will be on my TV, Fergie's a lot better to look at than Roger Daltrey was last year.

Here's hoping for wardrobe malfunctions.

WickerBill
11-27-10, 12:38 PM
Mr. Bowlen, just fire him now. He isn't bringing the good parts of the Patriots Way to Denver, he's bringing the worst parts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5854856

:mad:

Napoleon
11-27-10, 02:28 PM
Timing is everything.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3797/500xvickscroll.jpg

Awesome!

Is that for real?

nrc
11-27-10, 05:48 PM
Mr. Bowlen, just fire him now. He isn't bringing the good parts of the Patriots Way to Denver, he's bringing the worst parts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5854856

:mad:

Sounds like you'll have to hope that Bowlen is just waiting until the end of the season to pull the trigger.

Ellis said the incident was not viewed by Bowlen or the organization as grounds for firing McDaniels, but acknowledged that "Josh should have come forward as soon as he found out."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c7301a/article/taping-49ers-practice-draws-50k-fines-for-broncos-mcdaniels?module=breaking_news

Don Quixote
11-28-10, 02:44 PM
Hillis two touchdowns in the first quarter. :D

Don Quixote
11-28-10, 03:08 PM
My mistake, Hillis 3 touchdowns in the first half. MVPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Napoleon
11-28-10, 04:32 PM
My mistake, Hillis 3 touchdowns in the first half. MVPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I didn't realize the Brownies have at this point the toughest schedule in the NFL.

dando
11-28-10, 05:49 PM
Why so serious? :laugh: Dumbass. :shakehead

Clowns almost snatch defeat from victory yet again. :p (and no I'm not claiming to be the tallest dwarf in oHIo) :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-28-10, 05:50 PM
That sound you heard was Stevie Johnson breaking the hearts of Bills fans. :cry:

OTOH, who knew a 2-9 team could be so entertaining?

WickerBill
11-28-10, 05:51 PM
That sound you heard was Stevie Johnson breaking the hearts of Bills fans. :cry:

Wow, that was painful. Happened to USC last night too, and Avant for the Eagles dropped one in the end zone last week that hit him in the chest with nobody close to him.

WickerBill
11-28-10, 07:45 PM
The Broncos are a diseased organization.

Abandoned zone blocking scheme and now cannot run the ball

Cheat

Making everyone else in the NFL hate them

Oh, and they suck.

Let's not forget that they could have Cutler, Scheffler, Hillis, and Marshall, except they all weren't "McDaniels-type guys."

I swear, Lloyd and Tebow are the only real effort guys on the entire offense.

extramundane
11-28-10, 09:33 PM
Did anyone else get stuck with a puzzling CBS game today? I'm still trying to figure out how we got Miami/Oakland instead of Pittsburgh/Buffalo (or even Jags/Giants). :saywhat:

TKGAngel
11-28-10, 09:46 PM
Did anyone else get stuck with a puzzling CBS game today? I'm still trying to figure out how we got Miami/Oakland instead of Pittsburgh/Buffalo (or even Jags/Giants). :saywhat:

Coverage maps on the 506. http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14

I have no idea what the league/broadcasters have in mind sometimes.

Don Quixote
11-28-10, 10:07 PM

I feel you pain. OK, not really. :D

extramundane
11-28-10, 10:15 PM
Coverage maps on the 506. http://the506.com/sports/?cat=14

I have no idea what the league/broadcasters have in mind sometimes.

I saw that map before going out of town for the holiday and thought little of it- they frequently have us down for the wrong AFC game early in the week.

This is the first time in memory that neither Baltimore nor Pittsburgh were on here. Lord knows what they'll stick us with next week, since PIT/BAL is a night game next week. :\

Insomniac
11-29-10, 11:57 AM
Making everyone else in the NFL hate them

<throwingsaltonthewounds>A key requirement to being hated by everyone else is winning.</throwingsaltonthewounds>

:p

WickerBill
11-29-10, 03:24 PM
<throwingsaltonthewounds>A key requirement to being hated by everyone else is winning.</throwingsaltonthewounds>

I would normally agree, but McDaniels seems to have enough "unlikeability" that he and his organization can be hated in defeat. Like Steinbrenner in the 80s.

TKGAngel
11-29-10, 03:51 PM
And Stevie Johnson's postgame Tweet has apparently ignited a holy war as the mainstream press thinks he's calling out the guy upstairs.

I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...

Your mileage may vary as to whether he was calling out the Almighty or the fans for commenting on his dropped ball. :\

Andrew Longman
11-29-10, 03:57 PM
Like Steinbrenner in the 80s.I was actually a Tigers fan for a while there until George was banned and Stick took over.

I feel your pain.

I recall a serious study a few years back that showed how housing prices in Denver actually rose and fell according to the Bronco's record. That's sick.

Napoleon
11-29-10, 04:04 PM
I recall a serious study a few years back that showed how housing prices in Denver actually rose and fell according to the Bronco's record. That's sick.

That sounds like a study out to prove that the authors confused causation with correlation.

WickerBill
11-29-10, 04:16 PM
Well, I do have one thing going for me -- in the past few years, Denver has kinda stunk and the Colts have been great. It's really hard to live here when all of the Big Blue Bandwagoners constantly mock you (as they do Bears fans, Bengals fans, etc., who have been fans longer than the Colts have been in Indy). It's really interesting to see how many of them are diving off of the Colts bandwagon this morning and saying "wow, my Pacers beat the Heat and the Lakers in the same week!"

WB (Pacers fan though the darkest days, I'll do the same for the Broncos)

dando
11-29-10, 04:22 PM
the Big Blue Bandwagoners constantly mock you (as they do Bears fans, Bengals fans, etc.

Dude, we just mock ourselves and Clowns fans.

iTpuCIT9rZg

:D

-Kevin

EDwardo
11-29-10, 04:27 PM
Oh, and they suck.....

http://blogs.voices.com/voxdaily/man-with-paper-bag-on-head.jpg

This might help. ;)

WickerBill
11-29-10, 05:51 PM
Dude, we just mock ourselves and Clowns fans.

:D

-Kevin

Oh man. I had forgotten that. That's spectacular.

Andrew Longman
11-29-10, 06:03 PM
That sounds like a study out to prove that the authors confused causation with correlation.Truedat. Actually the study claimed it possibly showed an influence of optimism and general consumer confidence in setting the prevailing price people were willing to pay for a home.

The correlation was surprisingly strong and didn't correlate nearly as well with housing prices nationally.

Insomniac
11-30-10, 10:49 AM
And Stevie Johnson's postgame Tweet has apparently ignited a holy war as the mainstream press thinks he's calling out the guy upstairs.

Your mileage may vary as to whether he was calling out the Almighty or the fans for commenting on his dropped ball. :\

I find it comical. No one ever gets in a tizzy when athletes thank God for the good things.

WickerBill
11-30-10, 10:55 AM
They ARE... who we THOUGHT THEY WERE!

idNFRKiICsk

Insomniac
11-30-10, 10:57 AM

I would normally agree, but McDaniels seems to have enough "unlikeability" that he and his organization can be hated in defeat. Like Steinbrenner in the 80s.

It has certainly dropped off a lot. Part of the problem is it seems like he tries too hard to be like Bill Belichick. The thing is, if Belichick acted liked that without winning a Super Bowl in 2001 and following it up with 2 more, the fans would've turned on him as well.

You have to win games to win over the fans, and if you can't do that you have to endear yourselves to them. So when you get rid of guys like Cutler and Marshall, you can't use generic phrases and talk to explain those decisions. You have to detail why it happened honestly. Just be transparent and slowly clamp down as you win.

Andrew Longman
11-30-10, 11:42 AM
They ARE... who we THOUGHT THEY WERE!

Reminds me of something I saw yesterday. (1:30)

wj5F0vT_dWo
I think you're the greatest but my Dad says you don't work hard enough on defense:D

WickerBill
11-30-10, 11:45 AM
I'm annoyed about all of the "is it time to start Tebow" talk, also. If there is ONE position on the entire team that we don't need to change, it's Orton. He has almost 3400 yards, 20 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. Why would we change that?? I think the real question is "is it time to start the defensive practice squad?"

Insomniac
11-30-10, 05:52 PM
I'm annoyed about all of the "is it time to start Tebow" talk, also. If there is ONE position on the entire team that we don't need to change, it's Orton. He has almost 3400 yards, 20 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. Why would we change that?? I think the real question is "is it time to start the defensive practice squad?"

How big of an impact are injuries?

WickerBill
11-30-10, 06:15 PM
How big of an impact are injuries?

Not as big as on the Chargers or Colts. Still, fairly serious -- missing the NFL sack leader from 2009 has been pretty bad. But the O-line run blocking ... oh man.... how far Denver has fallen.

TKGAngel
12-06-10, 09:10 AM
The Bills may have lost yesterday, but they taught Favre an important lesson: you don't cross the Moats. Ever.

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 09:45 AM
But the O-line run blocking ... oh man.... how far Denver has fallen.You mean that since Shanny has moved on they no longer include chopping the defenders knees as part of the every play blocking scheme? :\

extramundane
12-06-10, 10:17 AM
The Bills may have lost yesterday, but they taught Favre an important lesson: you don't cross the Moats. Ever.

That was the Bills? I thought it was WB finally getting his voodoo doll skills dialed in.

Edited to add:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/895/340xo.gif

Also, as somewhat of a Stillers fan, even I have to admit that watching Big Ben get punched in the face yet again was worth the price of admission. :laugh:

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 01:20 PM
^^ Ouch, even for a young man.

In other news: The Cincinnati Bengals

http://files.sharenator.com/simpsons_nelson_haha_RE_What_internet_browser_do_y ou_use-s350x326-51595.jpg

Insomniac
12-06-10, 07:46 PM
From Twitter:

Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen has relieved Josh McDaniels of his head coaching duties.

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 07:48 PM
Broncos fire McD. :eek: I didn't think they would do it after only two years. What now, Wade Phillips? Rich Rodriguez? :gomer:

Edit: ^^ Dang the sleepless one beat me to the punch.

extramundane
12-06-10, 08:07 PM
What now, Wade Phillips? Rich Rodriguez? :gomer:

Brad Childress is available. I hear he's good with quarterbacks. :gomer:

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 08:49 PM
Whoever they hire, this is what the cupboard looks like.

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/153075d1247171173/train_wreck.jpg

STD
12-06-10, 09:41 PM
Time to bring back that defensive genius Greg Robinson. Rich says he's that good. :rofl:

WickerBill
12-06-10, 10:20 PM
Dunno. It will take a couple of years of very good drafting and rebuilding. Get Dumervil back next year, maybe help the O line in free agency, hire a good personnel man and a good coach who isn't so ego-driven that he can't have good coaches around him who question his choices (see Nolan, Mike).

It's the NFL. Talent recycles at warp speed. With a good group of coaches, you can win quickly...

Don Quixote
12-06-10, 11:40 PM
It's the NFL. Talent recycles at warp speed. Not for a Browns fan it doesn't. :D

WickerBill
12-07-10, 12:05 AM
Not for a Browns fan it doesn't. :D

Amazing how much different the Browns are with the Walrus as their GM. They're twice the team the Broncos are.

Gnam
12-07-10, 01:00 AM
Let Tebow coach.

Insomniac
12-07-10, 01:18 PM
Maybe they start with a GM? Jon Gruden? Get to stick it to Al Davis twice a year.

extramundane
12-12-10, 01:23 PM
Even the Metrodome is sick of watching Favre play. :rofl:

Insomniac
12-12-10, 01:47 PM
With Josh McDaniels gone...here comes John Elway to the rescue!

WickerBill
12-12-10, 02:17 PM
With Josh McDaniels gone...here comes John Elway to the rescue!

He can't be worse, can he? At least I doubt a former player will go run off three of the four best players on the team...

Methanolandbrats
12-12-10, 02:18 PM
Even the Metrodome is sick of watching Favre play. :rofl:

They can still play there, just clean up the mess and play outdoors the way real men are supposed to. Playing and watching football indoors is for pussies.

Don Quixote
12-12-10, 02:19 PM
Sorry to be blunt, but Mr. Ed's talents were his arm and his legs, not his brain. Just sayin. :D

Don Quixote
12-12-10, 02:21 PM
Even the Metrodome is sick of watching Favre play. :rofl:According to some, God made this happen so Favre could heal another day and keep the streak intact. :rofl:

Don Quixote
12-12-10, 02:22 PM
Playing and watching football indoors is for pussies.Amen. :thumbup:

dando
12-12-10, 03:23 PM
Carson. Palmer. :shakehead The opposing team's best offense. :saywhat: :mad:

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-12-10, 03:33 PM
Carson. Palmer. :shakehead The opposing team's best offense. :saywhat: :mad:

-Kevin

Owens kinda gave up on that route, didn't he?

dando
12-12-10, 03:46 PM

Replay @ halftime showed TO tripped, but there were 3 Stealers in the area. Poor decision to throw it there, IMO. Sorry, but this is deja vu all over again for CP tossing a pick 6.

-Kevin

dando
12-12-10, 04:40 PM
Need I say more? Dump the POS. Now. :flame:

-Kevin

extramundane
12-12-10, 04:47 PM
They can still play there, just clean up the mess and play outdoors the way real men are supposed to. Playing and watching football indoors is for pussies.

If it was Vikes vs. 'Skins, they'd play on time today, as both teams have ample experience propping up things that are past their prime.

/rimshot
//tip your waitress

nrc
12-12-10, 06:53 PM

He does that a lot. Give up on routes, short-arm catches, and just flat not catching the ball. T.O. as proven this season that he still has some gas left in the tank, he just doesn't always go full throttle.

WickerBill
12-12-10, 07:42 PM
Is it too early for me to start worrying that I'm going to have to listen to my Patriot fan friends talk about four titles in 10 years?

:(

nrc
12-12-10, 08:34 PM
Need I say more? Dump the POS. Now. :flame:

-Kevin

What planet are you on? Not that Palmer's poor play isn't a huge issue, but on what planet can you even conceive of Mike Brown making such a move?

Our one hope is that Mike Brown will cave and give either Marvin Lewis or whoever succeeds him enough control over the team to build a winner. Step one would be an end to coddling players and coaches who don't produce.

devilmaster
12-12-10, 10:58 PM
Miami calls on Goddell to do something about the Jets.....

Jets Strength and Conditioning coach throws a knee that woulda made Ulf Samuelsson proud.

9iWGnFNg344

dando
12-13-10, 12:49 AM
Our one hope is that Mike Brown will cave and give either Marvin Lewis or whoever succeeds him enough control over the team to build a winner. Step one would be an end to coddling players and coaches who don't produce.

What planet are you on? :gomer: Did you listen to the post-game commentary on WLW? Ken Broo was openly talking about Marvin being done in Cincy. Pretty scathing considering WLW is the home station for the Bungles (now that the Reds have finished their once a decade playoff run). And I have news for you, there is no Obi Wan or Luke Skywalker in our future until Mike Brown and his spawn leave this planet. :irked: :mad:

-Kevin

nrc
12-13-10, 12:58 AM
Hopefully that will bring a fine and some unpaid time off.

But meanwhile the NFL needs to do something about gunners running down the field out of bounds.

devilmaster
12-13-10, 01:33 AM
BI2mBiy1FGE

I love how everyone keeps saying 'there wasn't anyone in the dome at the time' but if you watch just as it starts to collapse, you can see a cart drive like mad down the sideline to the exit.... :laugh:

nrc
12-13-10, 03:08 AM
What planet are you on? :gomer: Did you listen to the post-game commentary on WLW? Ken Broo was openly talking about Marvin being done in Cincy. Pretty scathing considering WLW is the home station for the Bungles (now that the Reds have finished their once a decade playoff run). And I have news for you, there is no Obi Wan or Luke Skywalker in our future until Mike Brown and his spawn leave this planet. :irked: :mad:

-Kevin

I'm from the planet where Mike Brown doesn't fire coaches with a winning percentage better than 40% unless they demand something that he's not willing to give (c.f. Sam Wyche). Lewis is probably done in Cincinnati, but it won't be because he wasn't invited back.

dando
12-13-10, 12:37 PM
Sam Wyche

Canned on Xmas eve no less. :saywhat: Brown is adept @ canning coaches (Wyche, Shula, Lebeau, etc.), but he will never attract a top talent coach (ala Cowher or Gruden), much like the Bungles can't attract top flight FAs. Time to blow this thing up and start over. :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-13-10, 12:39 PM
He can't be worse, can he? At least I doubt a former player will go run off three of the four best players on the team...

Not sure who the 4 best are, but I think it's a stretch to say McDaniels ran them out of town. I'd say more than anything, this should raise questions about Bowlen. He was involved in the Cutler and Marshall messes as well. I'd say Elway could be worse depending on his duties.

Insomniac
12-13-10, 12:40 PM
Is it too early for me to start worrying that I'm going to have to listen to my Patriot fan friends talk about four titles in 10 years?

:(

You can do what my Steelers friends do. Mention 18-1 all the time and pretend NFL history started in 2005.

TKGAngel
12-13-10, 01:21 PM
I love how everyone keeps saying 'there wasn't anyone in the dome at the time' but if you watch just as it starts to collapse, you can see a cart drive like mad down the sideline to the exit.... :laugh:

Wow, I didn't notice that cart before. Heck of a close call that person(s) had.

I wonder how much the team/league is going to suspend the Jets coach who tripped the Dolphins player during yesterday's game?

dando
12-13-10, 01:37 PM
I wonder how much the team/league is going to suspend the Jets coach who tripped the Dolphins player during yesterday's game?

IMO, should be canned. ASAP. No room for that in pro sports. :saywhat:

BTW, congrats on winning the tallest dwarf title...Ws over Cincy and Cleveburg. :thumbup: :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-13-10, 02:29 PM

BTW, congrats on winning the tallest dwarf title...Ws over Cincy and Cleveburg. :thumbup: :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

There's a lot of "issues" with this week's games. In addition to Trip-gate, there
s something about TO and a post-game cinnamon roll from Big Ben and a Cowboys player asking Vick for an autograph. Is the football really that bad that the off field stuff is more newsworthy this morning?

BTW, if you expand to the NHL, the score is Buffalo 3, Ohio 0. :p

Gnam
12-13-10, 02:41 PM
I love the music Fox added to their game broadcasts. Now when a player is running in for a touchdown I'll know to be excited becasue the right music is playing. Same goes for when they cue the dramatic music on 3rd and long. How else would I know to feel concerned? :gomer:

dando
12-13-10, 03:04 PM
There's a lot of "issues" with this week's games. In addition to Trip-gate, there
s something about TO and a post-game cinnamon roll from Big Ben and a Cowboys player asking Vick for an autograph. Is the football really that bad that the off field stuff is more newsworthy this morning?

BTW, if you expand to the NHL, the score is Buffalo 3, Ohio 0. :p

I think that was Ocho if I'm reading my Tweets correctly. Of course, I was operating on 4 hours of sleep yesterday after an 11 hour drive home from 6pm to 5am Sat-Sun to beat the storm home. :irked:

Oh, and including the CBJ as an NHL team is being generous. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
12-13-10, 04:28 PM

It's harsh, but I agree. If it was a photographer or parabolic microphone guy, that person would have a lifetime ban from the sidelines from the league and his employer would possibly fire them.

cameraman
12-13-10, 09:22 PM
Didn't take long.

The New York Jets assistant coach who tripped a Miami Dolphins player during a game has been suspended by the team without pay for the rest of the season, including the playoffs, and fined an additional $25,000. Sal Alosi, the Jets' strength and conditioning coach, will begin serving his suspension immediately and have no access to the team's practice facility.

dando
12-16-10, 10:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5922532

OK, so you build an outdoor stadium that isn't built to handle the cold in Minniesota? WTF? :saywhat:

The two biggest concerns, according to assistant university athletic director Scott Ellison, were whether all the snow could be removed in time and whether the frozen field could be softened to a level that won't hurt the players.

"I'm completely confident we can have a game here Monday night," Ellison said after crews had already removed 26 truckloads of snow and totally cleared 17 of the 52 seating sections.

He said the NFL was developing a plan to treat the field with warming chemicals to soften it, and looking into laying a tarp across the playing field that would have some type of heating element underneath.

Officials don't know what will happen when they turn the water back on in TCF Bank Stadium because they turned off the water after the Gophers' last game in November and the pipes could freeze.

:shakehead

-Kevin

extramundane
12-16-10, 12:48 PM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7893/metrodomecollapseksk.gif

Andrew Longman
12-16-10, 01:49 PM
Didn't take long.

Only gets better
Jets players say strength coach instructed them to form a wall on punt returns all season

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/jets_players_say_strength_coac.html

I thought it looked a little odd that they were all lined up on the edge of the white paint.

It's also why Giant fans think the Jets and Jets fans are dirtbags.

Worse, Alosi was on the news Monday all sobbing and sorry, but failed to mention that he lined up players on punts for just this purpose. As a strength coach I can't see why he would have thought that up on his own. My bet is this doesn't stop with him. Look for ick to get on Westoff and Ryan as well. I see this as an example of Rex's overly developed ego and arrogant style will undo this team (as I predicted back in August BTW :gomer:). They're looking to miss the playoffs right now, forget Super Bowl talk. Steelers will kill them this weekend and that will end it.

Andrew Longman
12-16-10, 01:52 PM
OK, so you build an outdoor stadium that isn't built to handle the cold in Minniesota? WTF? :saywhat:Nobody really cared about hard turf or concussions until this year. How long did they play on the green concrete at The Vet? I played countless games on frozen fields and I am now only partially stupid.

chop456
12-16-10, 03:18 PM
How long did they play on the green concrete at The Vet?

Ask Wendell Davis or anyone else that had their career ended by that garbage field. :mad: