PDA

View Full Version : League Oval Mania!

NismoZ
09-08-10, 08:58 AM
Looks like it's back to The Mile, Louden, Vegas and maybe even Fontana, but scratch Homestead, Kansas and Joliet? Sheesh, must be hard to find somebody as hard-up as they are?

Steve99
09-08-10, 02:40 PM
Since ISC dumped them I wouldn't expect a Fontana race, so it looks like they are desperate to find ovals that ISC doesn't control. I haven't seen the Vegas track since the last time they increased the banking, but it's probably unsuitable for any real open wheel race cars. Wherever they go, the grandstands will continue to be empty.

Don Quixote
09-08-10, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't expect a Fontana race since they would only draw 2,000 customers, and most of them would have red hats. Maybe they should go back down to Phoenix. :gomer:

Gnam
09-08-10, 03:32 PM
Dirt tracks. :D

Methanolandbrats
09-08-10, 03:35 PM
Nostalgia tour at Mickyard.

Elmo T
09-08-10, 04:02 PM
DisneyWorld has all sorts on incentives now AND they are hooked in with the American Idol attraction.

New reaility show - How about the faster drivers from the Indy Racing Experience (http://www.indyracingexperience.com/) for each week compete for a chance to start the Mickyard? They get bonus cash for a qualifying time better than Milka.

Phony cars, amateur drivers, possible carnage - wait... nevermind. :rolleyes:

dando
09-08-10, 04:39 PM
DisneyWorld has all sorts on incentives now AND they are hooked in with the American Idol attraction.

New reaility show - How about the faster drivers from the Indy Racing Experience (http://www.indyracingexperience.com/) for each week compete for a chance to start the Mickyard? They get bonus cash for a qualifying time better than Milka.

Phony cars, amateur drivers, possible carnage - wait... nevermind. :rolleyes:

You forgot the random sprinklers. :gomer: Besides, it's a Mickey Mouse track in WDW. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
09-08-10, 04:45 PM
Admit it Dando, you went to a race at WDW, didn't you? Go ahead, you can tell us. We won't laugh. :p

dando
09-08-10, 05:10 PM
Admit it Dando, you went to a race at WDW, didn't you? Go ahead, you can tell us. We won't laugh. :p

No, no, no....that was Elmo. I swear. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

High Sided
09-08-10, 05:55 PM
maybe just maybe gateway will venture back on the schedule some day. next months nationwide race is the last time nascar will be there. i'll make the trip across the river to see Danicle tool around in 30th and to show my girlfriend the track since it will no longer be hosting any races. :confused:

JLMannin
09-09-10, 05:24 PM
How about ORP? Maybe they could take the Thursday Kroger Speedfest date in place of Silver Crown. Well, scratch that. Silver Crown would draw more people.

Elmo T
09-09-10, 06:24 PM
i'll make the trip across the river to see Danicle tool around in 30th :

Slightly OT, we took a road trip into MD and the Gettysburg area over the weekend. Every other billboard declared "DANICA IN DOVER!" :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
09-09-10, 06:34 PM
The Glen is out as well.

NismoZ
09-09-10, 07:12 PM
"It's a newww traaack RECord!"

Gnam
09-09-10, 07:19 PM
Maybe Portland will finally get their IRL race? :p

Duroc
09-09-10, 08:33 PM
back to The Mile

Let me guess. They're on the hook for the $400K they wanted the state to pick up. :shakehead

G.
09-09-10, 10:11 PM
Let me guess. They're on the hook for the $400K they wanted the state to pick up. :shakehead

Don't know what the $400 large is about, but the rumor is it's a track rental.

TrueBrit
09-09-10, 11:03 PM
but scratch Joliet?

What in the hell else can they race there if the IRL leaves...they wont make it on Neckar alone..

cameraman
09-09-10, 11:04 PM
What in the hell else can they race there if the IRL leaves...they wont make it on Neckar alone..

USAC :p

Methanolandbrats
09-09-10, 11:41 PM
Pretty much leaves fleecing cities to pay for street festivals....I wonder how long that will last. I will do a happy dance when they finally throw dirt on this crap.

Duroc
09-10-10, 10:48 PM
Don't know what the $400 large is about, but the rumor is it's a track rental.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/101726953.html

In an interview last month, Bernard said for the league to promote a race at the Mile – with two partners he has not identified -- he was looking for the State of Wisconsin to contribute $400,000 for the first year.

:rofl: