PDA

View Full Version : The Mongol Rally

TravelGal
08-30-10, 05:16 PM
Greetings race enthusiasts! Tell me about the Mongol Rally. Email arrived today announcing that this Wednesday is sign up day for 2011.

I've just spent at least half an hour reading their website. Run by the Adventurists. Hyde Park to Ulaanbaatar. Is this neat stuff, or WHAT? Who has been following this? I'd love to know more. (And my clients wonder why I don't call them back immediately. LOL!)

1. The On Your Own Rule:

You are entirely responsible for yourself. If something goes wrong or you get yourself in a right old pickle, you have to get yourself out of it - there is absolutely no support or back-up once you hit the road. When you sign up you will have to sign our team entry agreement where you agree that you're definitely on an adventure, and definitely on your own - so you can't sue our arses when you die!

2. The Charity Money Rule:

You and your team need to try your very hardest to raise a minimum of £1000 for the official rally charities by whatever means you see fit. The Mongol Rally is going to raise shedloads of cash for awesome charities, which is good. See the charity section for more information.

3. The Vehicles Rules

They have to be tiny, and they have to be less than 10 years old unless they're emergency vehicles or a rather undersized scooter of some kind.

Other than these rules you are free to sneak, bribe, cheat, connive and generally out-wit the world to get yourselves to the end. In fact you will probably have to. If you get to the finish line without some good stories to tell, then the Mongol Rally has failed its mission. Which it won't.

emjaya
08-30-10, 05:46 PM
I think I have found what might have piqued T'gals interest. ;)

http://mongolrally.theadventurists.com/images/gallery/17773.jpeg

TravelGal
08-30-10, 06:26 PM
:eek::eek: Dammit, I nearly fell off my chair. Hmmm, the guy on the right.......

JEEZ, I'm still blushing.

:D