PDA

View Full Version : Rossi the latest to criticize the IMS track surface

oddlycalm
08-29-10, 04:07 AM
With F1 and NASCAR having already struggled with the IMS surface several time world MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi adds his voice.

"This track is very bumpy and I really think something needs to be done to some parts of it to improve it," Rossi said.

"I don't know when the last time I crashed twice on one day is but for sure it was many years ago, back in the 90s perhaps...

After TG squandered all tat money on his hobby, and the wrong kind of diamond grind on the track surface, the family is unlikely to spend more to make it right. Easier to blame the tire companies, drivers, riders....:shakehead

oc

BarillaGirl
08-29-10, 03:24 PM
I guess Rossi just doesn't understand Indy?

cameraman
08-30-10, 12:29 AM
I don't think it is unrelated that on the same track that Valentino Rossi fell four times in one weekend the ladder series saw its first fatality in nine years. A 13-year old rider fell and while down was hit by a 12-year old rider. It was first and foremost a racing incident but you really have to wonder if the crap track conditions factored in at all.

oddlycalm
08-30-10, 02:15 AM
I don't think it is unrelated that on the same track that Valentino Rossi fell four times in one weekend the ladder series saw its first fatality in nine years.
Yeah, that's an absolute tragedy. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Dorna to yank the race from Indy but it really is a lousy place for a scooter race.

oc