08-28-10, 09:35 PM
That's one buggered up grid, but my favourite one is this:

20. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth ***

*** Five-place penalty for impeding Yamamoto

Is that even possible?!?

oddlycalm
08-29-10, 03:51 AM
Is that even possible?!?
Good point, if a driver is self-impeded how is it possible under the sporting regulations to impede him further? :gomer:

oc

Methanolandbrats
08-29-10, 08:39 AM
Love that steam cloud :D Nice harpoon job :thumbup:

NismoZ
08-29-10, 08:48 AM
Oh, fer...ALL contact is avoidable. All anyone has to do is slow down or move over. "Just racing" incidents have now become a thing of the past.:shakehead

opinionated ow
08-29-10, 09:01 AM
Oh, fer...ALL contact is avoidable. All anyone has to do is slow down or move over. "Just racing" incidents have now become a thing of the past.:shakehead

i know I'm a Vettel apologist but the first one was sort of bad luck, the patch of water was unlucky but he probably should have known better. The second one with Liuzzi-that was not Vettel's fault.

stroker
08-29-10, 01:08 PM
Nice job torpedoing my fantasy picks, there, Sebastian. Took yourself AND Button out. Would you please stop channeling Montoya and pull your head out?

Methanolandbrats
08-29-10, 01:10 PM
Nice job torpedoing my fantasy picks, there, Sebastian. Took yourself AND Button out. Would you please stop channeling Montoya and pull your head out?

Ya gotta admit that t-bone was a clean kill, a thing of beauty that deserved huge style points :D

gerhard911
08-29-10, 04:09 PM
Ya gotta admit that t-bone was a clean kill, a thing of beauty that deserved huge style points :D

Unfortunately it was perpetrated on the wrong McLaren :(

oddlycalm
08-29-10, 07:32 PM
Would you please stop channeling Montoya.....?
This is how Vettel to NASCAR rumors get started. :gomer:

oc

stroker
08-29-10, 09:00 PM
This is how Vettel to NASCAR rumors get started. :gomer:

oc

for the number of stupid crashes he's had, that's where he belongs!

Ankf00
08-29-10, 09:55 PM
seb is such a tool, jeebus

Elmo T
08-30-10, 07:48 AM
Nice job torpedoing my fantasy picks, there, Sebastian.

Alonso going out hurt a bit, but my are holding fast. FWIW, the Speed F1 fantasy thing shows me at 148(?). Neglect seems to work better than my previous years tampering with the picks. :saywhat:

RichK
08-30-10, 12:42 PM
Sucked to see Button get taken out, but it was worth it to see Vettel the smug little **** lose any possible points. :D

Hard Driver
08-30-10, 01:52 PM
i know I'm a Vettel apologist but the first one was sort of bad luck, the patch of water was unlucky but he probably should have known better. The second one with Liuzzi-that was not Vettel's fault.

First one was a driver error because he lost control of his car trying to brake too hard while steering.

Second one was driver error because he mostly made the pass and then swept to the outside and took off Liuzzi's front wing. Where exactly was Luizzi supposed to go? Either off the track to make room for wonderboy or slam on his brakes and loose more positions to make sure that if the wonderboy pulled another bonehead move and cut across into his wing, he would not be there.

Both wrecks were bonehead moves by Vettel.

Vettel is a highly talented driver. But he is not a highly skilled racer. He does not deserve a world championship until he can learn how to drive fast while not crashing into the other cars on the track.

Gnam
09-01-10, 01:37 AM
Taking Button out...maybe his fault. Turning and braking at the same time on a wet course...maybe.

But how is Liuzzi running into him Vettel's fault?
Still don't see it.

ID7bHy0WQ0Q

Some screen caps of both incidents:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195168#p195168

Gnam
09-01-10, 01:42 AM
What makes a great video?
1. Great sounds.
2. Unique perspective.
3. Massa starting from the women's tee.

9kChqJVjp9U

emjaya
09-01-10, 07:27 AM

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2796/eyetvsnapshot9.jpg

Methanolandbrats
09-01-10, 07:53 AM
Sweet :D

SteveH
09-01-10, 09:26 AM
There was a video on YouTube before the FIA removed it that showed Vettel's front wings flexing back and forth - huge flex - just before he spun into Button. I have to believe that contributed to his spin if not the sole cause.

Hard Driver
09-01-10, 02:21 PM
Taking Button out...maybe his fault. Turning and braking at the same time on a wet course...maybe.

But how is Liuzzi running into him Vettel's fault?
Still don't see it.

ID7bHy0WQ0Q

Some screen caps of both incidents:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195168#p195168

Looks to me like Vettel dive bombed the braking. Missed the apex by at least 5 feet. I mean do you see Vettel anywhere close to the apex of the corner? This pushed Liuzzi wide and prevented him from turning in. Then Vettel still could not hold an inside line and drove over Liuzzi front wing. What do you think Liuzzi should have done? Should he have braked even harder so that he would come to a complete stop to allow Vettel to drive all over the track wherever he choose? Or should he have not turned to go around the corner, stayed way out to the left and then had no line to at all to go through the next corner?

This was a pass, not some backmarker who was three seconds a lap slower who should be trying to get out of the way for the leader to lap him.

Vettel has a serious issue that he thinks that if he gets next to a car, then that all of a sudden means that he can drive where ever he wants. I mean the tangle with Webber a few races ago he got next to him, then thought he wanted to get wider for the next corner so he just moved right when Webber held his line.

In this incident, Vettel totally missed the apex, pushed Liuzzi really wide and off line, then turned into the next apex while Liuzzi was still next to him

cameraman
09-01-10, 03:04 PM
In this incident, Vettel totally missed the apex, pushed Liuzzi really wide and off line, then turned into the next apex while Liuzzi was still next to him

Quoted for emphasis.

Gnam
09-01-10, 03:36 PM
Quoted for emphasis.
For being incorrect, right?

The contact was made on the exit of the first turn. Well, Vettel was exiting the turn. Liuzzi was still completing his turn thru Vettel's tire.

cameraman
09-01-10, 04:13 PM
For being incorrect, right?

The contact was made on the exit of the first turn. Well, Vettel was exiting the turn. Liuzzi was still completing his turn thru Vettel's tire.

Ah, no. Vettel was on the inside of the turn at the start and all the way to the outside at the end of the first turn. In the process of getting from the inside to the outside he removed Liuzzi's nose with his left rear. He was going too fast, outbraking Luizzi, to make the turn on the inside so he crossed over. The only way Luizzi could have not been hit was if Luizzi went straight off and skipped the chicane.

NismoZ
09-01-10, 04:56 PM
Good Lord, you guys sound like you are trying to defend Paul Tracy! You know, "If you can't make the impossible pass then don't let anyone else do it!":p Ran into, pushed off, chopped, cut, DGAF. These are the world's best drivers, remember? NONE of them EVER make a mistake. Only the stewards do.:rofl:

Gnam
09-01-10, 06:19 PM
Seabass vs. PT at pit exit, Toronto 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi_-AyW1mxE

I think PT got the blame for that one.

cameraman
09-01-10, 06:40 PM
SeaBass proved his ability to run people off a track at LeMans a couple years ago.

Elmo T
09-02-10, 03:01 PM
3. Massa starting from the women's tee.

Uh oh.... :laugh:

Massa grid error prompts FIA probe (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86327)

BarillaGirl
09-02-10, 03:06 PM
Uh oh.... :laugh:

Massa grid error prompts FIA probe (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86327)

Not punishing a driver for an error that the sensors didn't pick up actually makes sense. (What's in the Perrier at FIAHQ this week?) ;)

But you'd better believe those sensors will be cleaned and polished and operational by Monza, and the track officials will be watching everyone like a hawk to make sure there aren't 21 more "errors" on the grid at the next start.

That should add enough stress and tension to the usual pre-race jitters to inspire Vettel to pop the clutch and go spearfishing again. Can't wait!

Don Quixote
09-02-10, 03:16 PM
That should add enough stress and tension to the usual pre-race jitters to inspire Vettel to pop the clutch and go spearfishing again. Can't wait!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NismoZ
09-02-10, 03:53 PM
But, don't Ferraris start on the front row there, regardless?

NismoZ
09-02-10, 03:56 PM
See? PT, Seabass...I TOLD ya!:rofl: What about that one at Cleveland where he went through, up and OVER Bourdais? Yeah, he got "pinched", remember?

NismoZ
09-02-10, 04:05 PM
And at Denver '06 he was just "going for it", remember? Entertaining, just not smart. Don't know how he ever won Indy!:D

Elmo T
09-09-10, 04:45 PM
...an error that the sensors didn't pick up actually makes sense...

Massa says the dog ate his homework. :rolleyes:

Massa 'too low in car' to see grid lines (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86507)

"I'm maybe the lowest driver in the car, I'm very low in the car and maybe if I was a bit higher, it would be easier to see," Massa explained.

BarillaGirl
09-09-10, 07:40 PM
Massa says the dog ate his homework. :rolleyes:

Massa 'too low in car' to see grid lines (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86507)

Hmm, if he got it right every other time, maybe he just forgot to bring a phone book to sit on for Spa.

NismoZ
09-10-10, 02:24 PM
If I'd just taken a bouncing spring in the face, I might ride a little lower myself.

NismoZ
09-10-10, 02:25 PM
PS-Little Al used to sit on a phone book in his early sprint car days.