PDA

View Full Version : PT's show on Speed

trish
08-28-10, 07:26 PM
Calling it his show may be an exaggeration ;). It's called Battle of the Supercars. (http://www.speedtv.com/programs/battle-of-the-supercars/) I've only seen three episodes, but it's one of the better shows on Speed. Paul and some guy named Tanner are put behind the wheel of two competing supercars and hilarity ensues. Anyone else watch it?

TRANSAM
08-30-10, 03:58 PM
I've been watching it,pretty entertaining.
I wonder if they will crash one of the cars eventually.

PT's hair surprises me,he has the hair of someone 15 years older.

TravelGal
08-30-10, 05:06 PM
PT's hair surprises me,he has the hair of someone 15 years older.

:rofl:

We caught a few of the first ones but got frustrated because we wanted to see more of what the cars could do instead of the hyped-up, "I'm gonna clean his clock next time" stuff. I guess I found that too distracting.

Going off the deep end here I'm going to liken it to the overall problem in motor sports today. The producers of the show seem so afraid that we're not interested in their product that they dress it up with so much garish junk, we can't even FIND the product. How that is going to attract more people TO the product, I don't know. And here endeth the sermon.

Gnam
08-30-10, 06:39 PM
some guy named Tanner...

That's Tanner "drifting is cool" Foust. He's one of the hosts for the new American version of Top Gear. I hope the producers of that show are watching this one for what not to do. I don't understand why they keep interviewing the drivers to ask how the car will perform. Just show me what it can do. No one interviews the Stig. :shakehead

gerhard911
08-30-10, 06:42 PM
TG, I agree for the most part. Pinks with added vehicle dynamics (turning AND stopping !) Still more entertaining than the average Spud production these days. The old Tanner Foust show "Supercars Exposed" was better.

G.
08-30-10, 10:32 PM
I watch it when I see it, but the contrived insults are contrived.

Methanolandbrats
08-30-10, 11:08 PM
I only turn on The Cab Channel for F1 and Moto. Other than that I would rather clean the cat box.

oddlycalm
08-31-10, 03:00 AM
the contrived insults are contrived.
And not sufficiently insulting for my taste....:)

I think they should go all "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and have some characters make wise cracks over the show. :cool:

oc