PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks: Rex Ryan edition

WickerBill
08-26-10, 03:54 PM
I figured this deserved it's own thread. If you aren't watching it and have any means to watch it, you need to.

They might as well retire Hard Knocks after this. Nobody else is gonna live up to Rex.

Ankf00
08-26-10, 11:22 PM
I beg to differ. Hard Knocks CCCP will sweep the emmy's

http://i.imgur.com/mNfAo.jpg

TKGAngel
08-27-10, 08:37 AM
I don't have HBO, but I did see the clip of Cromartie struggling to remember his kids names. :shakehead

dando
08-27-10, 10:17 AM
I don't have HBO, but I did see the clip of Cromartie struggling to remember his kids names. :shakehead

Sean Kemp has the same problem. :saywhat:

WB, I beg to differ, but a TO-Ocho Hard Knocks would rock. :D

-Kevin

BarillaGirl
08-27-10, 02:57 PM

We were discussing Ochocinco's inability to understand the impact of a $25,000 fine after I saw an interview with Carson Palmer on Mike and Mike. We agreed the one person who understands the value of money is Cromartie as he sends out all those support checks every month. Sounded as if he fathered a whole preschool class one crazy summer.

I am loving Rex Ryan. "I don't know who the hell Number Three is, but he's a hell of a player!"

And the spotters' booth: "Here's an idea, let's cover Number Three."

WickerBill
08-27-10, 10:34 PM
Warning: NSFW language

Xy9DNOKT-D8

Methanolandbrats
08-27-10, 11:09 PM
OT, but the name Rex reminds me of this http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html:rofl:

Ankf00
08-27-10, 11:37 PM
UNLEASH THE DRAGON!

dando
08-28-10, 10:30 AM
WB, I can assure you that if they had a Hard Knocks for college foosball, footage of Woody Hayes back in the day it would make that clip look like a day @ church. I've seen some documentary footage and the man would simply go ballistic on the practice field (think Frank Kush), but then he would turnaround and do something for local charities. Woody was an enigma wrapped inside and enigma.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
08-28-10, 11:07 AM
WB, I can assure you that if they had a Hard Knocks for college foosball, footage of Woody Hayes back in the day it would make that clip look like a day @ church. I've seen some documentary footage and the man would simply go ballistic on the practice field (think Frank Kush), but then he would turnaround and do something for local charities. Woody was an enigma wrapped inside and enigma.

-KevinAnd I'm sure the best stuff was never caught on film. When Woody knew the cameras were ruling he would use words like "doggone".

dando
08-28-10, 02:02 PM
And I'm sure the best stuff was never caught on film. When Woody knew the cameras were ruling he would use words like "doggone".

Yeah, it was a documentary I saw on WOSU a few years ago. It was more his actions like grabbing face masks, slapping kids upside the head, etc. I'm sure the language was more colorful behind closed doors...like the scene in the locker room when he slammed the Big 10 commish into the lockers after the '74 debacle @ MSU. I think you mentioned driving a GTO back from that game, as I recall. ;)

-Kevin

nrc
08-28-10, 04:31 PM
I saw all I wanted to of Rex Ryan last season. :irked:

Methanolandbrats
08-28-10, 05:19 PM
I was a photographing BigTen football in the Woody Era. Shot a couple games on the OSU sidelines near Woody, he was a ranting, raving prick.

Don Quixote
08-28-10, 06:41 PM
I was a photographing BigTen football in the Woody Era. Shot a couple games on the OSU sidelines near Woody, he was a ranting, raving prick.Yeah, but he was our ranting, raving prick. :)

BarillaGirl
08-29-10, 03:25 PM
Yeah, but he was our ranting, raving prick. :)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Insomniac
09-05-10, 02:33 PM
We agreed the one person who understands the value of money is Cromartie as he sends out all those support checks every month.

Not every month...

Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie is past due on about $25,000 in child support after missing his Feb. 1 payment due date for several of his children, an attorney for the mother of one of his children says.

The timeliness of his child support payments has been an ongoing concern to the mothers, court records show.

An attorney for one of the mothers recently filed a document in San Diego Superior Court that prevents him from buying or selling any property without first making sure he’s current on his child support. That mother is owed $3,500 monthly for his 2-year-old daughter. All of the children are under 6.

This was a few months ago (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/17/1s18cromartie/).

Andrew Longman
09-05-10, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but he was our ranting, raving prick. :)
Until he punched Clemson LB. I was never so happy knowing instantly he would be fired for it, then suddenly feeling sad that my biggest reason for hating OSU was gone.

As for Rex I am predicting, after watching some of the HBO thingy that he has given the Jets all he can and will. He gave the Jets badly needed swagger but his style of leadership maxes out after a point.

Having coached now for a few years with both good and bad coaches, and having made a living in part by coaching executives I've come to see first hand that coaches more akin to Joe Torre and Joe Gibbs in the end and when the stakes are highest are more likely to succeed. Especially in NY it is key to not get too high when things are good or too low when they suck. Rex IMO will flame out in glorious fashion. Much like his dad.

WickerBill
09-05-10, 07:18 PM
I've come to see first hand that coaches more akin to Joe Torre and Joe Gibbs in the end and when the stakes are highest are more likely to succeed. Especially in NY it is key to not get too high when things are good or too low when they suck. Rex IMO will flame out in glorious fashion. Much like his dad.

I think super-driver types like Chucky Gruden and Rex Ryan are best to come into an established team that needs to get over the hump -- but they won't be Landry lifers at one place. I think the Colts would win the super bowl immediately if Ryan were named the coach today. Maybe twice.