PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motor Speedway 2011 Schedule

Wheel-Nut
08-18-10, 12:15 PM
Two Indycar races in one day . . .

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7157656.html

"We are going to be the first race after Indy, two weeks later," Gossage said. "All you are going to hear for two weeks leading up to it is about the Indy 500 champion and about those twin races in Texas on Saturday night and how unusual that is. Unusual is good. Unusual brings the box office sells and we like that.

"I think it is going to change the strategies a little bit in both races and should make for a wild night."

The IndyCar Series, in conjunction with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, will hit TMS for the June 9-11 race weekend.

Racing action will begin on with the NASCAR trucks June 10, followed with the two IndyCar Series races on June 11.

"Two victory lanes," Gossage said. "Two guys with the hats and six shooters in victory lane, which will be kind of cool. Helio (Castroneves, a three-time IndyCar winner at TMS) told me he planned to have two sets of six shooters that night."

The night will crown two winners, and will pay half the points of a regular race for each of the night's 275-kilometer events.

:laugh: :eek:

Trevor Longman
08-18-10, 12:31 PM
double the eggcitement!!! :laugh:

Elmo T
08-18-10, 12:34 PM
"Two victory lanes," Gossage said. "Two guys with the hats and six shooters in victory lane, which will be kind of cool. Helio (Castroneves, a three-time IndyCar winner at TMS) told me he planned to have two sets of six shooters that night."

Well, there you go. THIS is what open wheel racing has been missing. :rolleyes:

I am sorry, but ONE driver with a hat and a six shooter is one too many. :saywhat:

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 12:59 PM
Exactly, the league is just one gimmick away from total success. This is it!

dando
08-18-10, 01:00 PM
Brilliant! :tony: :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

TKGAngel
08-18-10, 01:06 PM
Do we place bets now on how many cars will actually be able to start the second race?

Andrew Longman
08-18-10, 01:26 PM
Sort of like the old USAC days when they ran twin bills at MIS and Trenton. Maybe elsewhere. Too lazy to look it up. Maybe they will invert the field for the second race. Or go clockwise for the second race.

NismoZ
08-18-10, 01:28 PM
So...275k...what's that, about 168mi? Do they pit once or not at all? I have no idea as to the range of those things. It may be a dumb idea but they wont know until they do it. Hell, even if it turns out to be a GREAT idea there won't be anybody taking notice anyway. I remember making this suggestion years ago in 7g days... for CART, to be a part of the "Grand Slam" of open wheel racing, you know, four 1 mil $ races on a big oval, short oval, a street course and a road course with double points... to end the season! Balls out, no tire/fuel/pit strategy allowed! A DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP! :thumbup:...nobody liked it then, either!:rofl: What is the old saying? "Desperate times call for...?" Well, they're there!

dando
08-18-10, 01:40 PM
Maybe they will invert the field for the second race.

Precisely what I was thinking...Milkers on P1. :gomer: :eek:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
08-18-10, 01:57 PM

-Kevin

you're assuming she has a car to start the second . . . uhmm . . . . feature!? with.

Gnam
08-18-10, 02:14 PM
I remember making this suggestion years ago in 7g days...

What is the old saying? "Desperate times call for...?" Well, they're there!
Too weird. Randy really is going to make all our wildest dreams come true. :gomer:

dando
08-18-10, 02:21 PM
you're assuming she has a car to start the second . . . uhmm . . . . feature!? with.

Hey, a guy can dream... :gomer:

-Kevin

swift
08-18-10, 03:55 PM
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/files/2009/08/titanic-deck-chairs.jpg

cameraman
08-18-10, 03:57 PM
Now all they need to do is have 8th place in the first race be pole in the second race and Danica might get her first #1 start.

Al Czervik
08-18-10, 04:14 PM
Now all they need to do is have 8th place in the first race be pole in the second race and Danica might get her first #1 start.

If anyone can turn 8th into 1st, it is Princess Permapout.

nissan gtp
08-18-10, 04:49 PM
the first heat runs counter-clockwise, the second one goes clockwise :laugh:

Elmo T
08-18-10, 05:01 PM
Maybe a whole field of two-seaters?

Or a two class race with open wheel and the Cup cars at the same time? Who wouldn't want to see a field of 70 cars?

Don Quixote
08-18-10, 05:20 PM
The women (and Helio) go counter-clockwise and the men go clockwise. Switch the order in the second race. Between heats princess and man-hands do a best of three cage match in the infield, no rules.

oddlycalm
08-18-10, 05:53 PM
just one gimmick away from total success
Outstanding, that should be the league motto. :thumbup::laugh:

oc

Elmo T
08-18-10, 06:02 PM
In all seriousness, this just proves that there is no way, none, nada, no way that the current management has 1) a clue and 2) any chance of breathing life into open wheel racing. :shakehead

dando
08-18-10, 06:21 PM
In all seriousness, this just proves that there is no way, none, nada, no way that the current management has 1) a clue and 2) any chance of breathing life into open wheel racing. :shakehead

Now, now...there's still a chance the random sprinklers idea could be implemented. That and possibly some figure-8 racing could produce a winner. :gomer:

-Kevin

Indy
08-18-10, 07:07 PM
The women (and Helio) go counter-clockwise and the men go clockwise. Switch the order in the second race. Between heats princess and man-hands do a best of three cage match in the infield, no rules.

They do that, and I am buying tickets. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gerhard911
08-18-10, 10:28 PM
Between heats princess and man-hands do a best of three cage match in the infield, no rules.

Indy beat me to it but this would be the only earl event I can imagine that might entice me to purchase tickets and attend. It would have to be a caged death match, however. :\

Duroc
08-19-10, 12:32 AM
A visit from the Ghost of IndyCar Future.

Of the two possible outcomes this the more compelling. If the France family end up in control it will pass into the shadows like Grand Am and AMA racing, only serving to ward off competitors and anti-trust action. Open wheel on the Daytona infield road course :rolleyes:

Bruton's bunch are a marriage made in Terre Haute. Fenders, tubeframes, duel races, whatever, there will be no idea too stupid to try. Plus, the possibility that after years of having to take whatever France Inc. dished out, in gaining control of his own series, the temptation of letting the tiger out of the cage will prove to be too much. I'll show those useless Daytona trust fund S.O.B's.... Any shift from the NASCAR status quo combined with the current economy could break really badly.

Rogue Leader
08-19-10, 02:38 PM

-Kevin

This would end like LeMans 1955

NismoZ
08-19-10, 07:57 PM
Hey, swift...nice shot of one of the pit suites at Indy during this year's 500.:thumbup:

Don Quixote
08-20-10, 10:08 AM
^ They were all in the bathroom.

Indy
08-20-10, 10:54 AM
The problem with them deck chairs is the way you sit back in 'em. A real man sits up straight, like in a sprint car. Them chairs are for faggy little furrners, not Indy Car drivers. Here, I'll rearrange them and you'll see how better everything gits.