PDA

View Full Version : Bernie and Tavo Hellmund Delusional about Austin GP

pchall
08-12-10, 09:08 AM
ripped from autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85917)

Both Hellmund and Ecclestone believe F1 could succeed in Austin even without local talent involved. Since Scott Speed's departure from Toro Rosso, there have been no American drivers in F1, and the Charlotte-based US F1 team failed to make the grid this year. Fellow US outfit Cypher Group recently withdrew its bid for a 2011 entry.

"Of course it would be fantastic to have an American driver," said Hellmund. "A team would great, sure, but it's no real necessity."

Ecclestone added: "Regarding an American driver, we have tried that lately but obviously what's missing is the right attitude. You can race successfully in the US without the huge effort you need to succeed in Formula 1. But to have someone like Danica Patrick in F1 would be a perfect advert."

Hellmund believes 'local' interest could instead come from Mexico if GP2 frontrunner Sergio Perez makes it into F1 by 2012.

"There is that young Mexican driver Perez who is doing a great job in GP2 right now," said Hellmund. "For him the 2012 US Grand Prix could be a sort of home race: the distance from Austin to Mexico is a mere 250 kilometres."

The Princess Permapout would make for great press coverage, Imagine her hissy fit when she gets blown into the weed every lap and qualifies and races DFL.

stroker
08-12-10, 09:24 AM
if you ever needed any further evidence that The Troll has lost his mind that ought to just about confirm it.

Unreal.

:shakehead

BarillaGirl
08-12-10, 11:30 AM
someone like Danica Patrick

i.e., someone whose name people already know. Because true motorsports fans only watch when they recognize a name. They're not interested in finding real talent regardless of age, gender, or national origin. :shakehead

High Sided
08-12-10, 12:00 PM
Danicle would be F1's milka :yuck:

Ankf00
08-12-10, 12:50 PM
you don't do PR in the realm of reality

Insomniac
08-12-10, 01:03 PM
He said "someone like" her. Not her actually. :D

Steve99
08-12-10, 01:09 PM
Aren't they bringing back the 107% rule for next season? So much for that idea.

Don Quixote
08-12-10, 01:23 PM
It would just be her team's fault.

Don Quixote
08-12-10, 01:31 PM
Remember this little gem? : puke on:

"My brand is determined. It's feminine and hopefully - I feel a little bit awkward talking about myself like this - but something beautiful, something fast, something interesting and exciting and something inspiring and something iconic and something doing things that's never been done before," she said in a teleconference earlier this month.

Gnam
08-12-10, 02:03 PM
My brand is determined.
-Danica

Like Maytag or Whirlpool. :laugh:

You know, I've got one of these wonderful ideas that women should all be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances.
-Bernie, 2005

STD
08-12-10, 02:34 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Best post I've read anywhere in a long time!

pchall
08-12-10, 02:58 PM
Remember this little gem? : puke on:

Ad copy for Danica's Ewww de Cologne.....

Don Quixote
08-12-10, 03:44 PM
Good one Gnam! :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
08-12-10, 10:07 PM
If that no-talent axe wound ever sits on an F1 Grid, I shall pronounce all of motor sport to be rigged and never attend or watch another event.:yuck:

Indy
08-13-10, 12:03 AM
I am with you there, brats.

On the bright side, maybe Bernie will die soon.

Spicoli
08-15-10, 12:56 AM
I am thinking Bernie will **** his shorts an be stucked to his chair and be having his thosted by some DerGermainski withj a foot on his der Weindersplatzee, whilste fondling the undercarrishe of his battuarddiness. lickycrackieo, fazoo.

Stick my whickioon the stickeo. WHOOYI.

eiregosod
08-15-10, 10:21 AM
ripped from autosport (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85917)

The Princess Permapout would make for great press coverage, Imagine her hissy fit when she gets blown into the weed every lap and qualifies and races DFL.

well, that somewhat home race would be considered a home-race for Perez :p