PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Mazda

NismoZ
08-07-10, 07:46 PM
Like I said.

NismoZ
08-07-10, 08:20 PM
Good for team Dyson in ALMS & 1,2,4, in GT, Rolex. What do they get, a 300 lb. penalty next time? Remember, "On any given weekend more Mazdas, etc. etc." ...:D

rosawendel
08-15-10, 07:07 PM
how to you package a 2 hour 45 minute race into a 1 hour 30 minute broadcast window? reformat it as a documentary (with a good 20 minutes of side stories).
i don't mind the format choice, but it still doesn't help the issue of chopping up the coverage: continuity.

G.
08-15-10, 07:34 PM
It was like the Baja race docu they show on HDNET. Same voice-over guy.

Would make a great after-race companion piece, for, I dunno, sometime after the race is shown!?!

TrueBrit
08-15-10, 08:20 PM
Sorry I thought the voice over guy was atrocious..reminded me of that NFL films rubbish.."..in the frozen Tundra known as Lambone field a bunch of inebriated cheeseheads gathered.." etc etc..:shakehead

It was especially grating when going up against Hindorf's ban-ah..'Wow..foookin' ell just 'ow duz FizyKeller fit thaat caaaaaaaaah in sooch a tite spot?'...

Pretty crap really..

NismoZ
08-15-10, 08:38 PM
So was FizyKeller. :thumdown:

G.
08-15-10, 10:41 PM
Pretty crap really..
I found other stuff to do. Fixed my clothes dryer. More rewarding, and the lint didn't piss me off as much.

:D

Gnam
08-21-10, 02:08 AM
Pretty crap really..
I just finished watching the broadcast, and I disagree.

That was a GREAT race recap. The combination of the NFL voice over guy and the ALMS Radio announcer was great. Getting to see Rahal's face when his team came up short, great. Watching the last lap from the Dyson pits, Great. Providing context and story for the teams so an audience unfamiliar with them would care what happens next, GREAT.

They even summed up that *****ox RocketSports Jag. Engine sounds nice, but car is off the pace and in the way. :thumbup:

Not better than a live broadcast, but damn fine television.

NismoZ
08-21-10, 04:10 PM
Pretty much have to agree. Wasn't meant to be like a live broadcast. Listening in on Rahal was very interesting. Didn't you get the idea he was pretty disgusted with Dirk Mueller when the 'vette stuck a pass on him? Couldn't wait to get him out of the car on the next stop!:rofl: